Suggestions for Non-Funimation Anime

• I have been looking into checking out some new non-Funimation anime titles, such as Akame ga Kill and Parasyte the Maxim. Does anyone have suggestions for some really good, recent anime that is not from Funimation? Also, I should say that I usually prefer dubs unless that's not an option.

• I'll just list all the ones I've got finished on MyAnimeList that I thought were decent/interesting/great/amazing

A Lull in the Sea
    Angel Beats
    Blue Exorcist
    Clannad
    Clannad: After Story
    Death Note
    Durarara!!
    ef: a tale of memories
    Fate/Zero
    Gurren Lagann
    Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
    High School of the Dead
    Chaika the Coffin Princess
    Hunter x Hunter 2011 (Dub announced, but not out yet)
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
    Kill la Kill
    Little Witch Academia
    Log Horizon
    Madoka Magica
    Redline
    The Big O
    The Seven Deadly Sins
    The World God Only Knows
    Time of Eve
    Toradora
    Wolf's Rain

• @nubguy:

I have been looking into checking out some new non-Funimation anime titles, such as Akame ga Kill and Parasyte the Maxim. Does anyone have suggestions for some really good, recent anime that is not from Funimation? Also, I should say that I usually prefer dubs unless that's not an option.

Well I would tell you Code Geass but "technically" that a Funimation title now… Though the English Dub was NOT dub by Funimation the English Dub was made by Bandai as that own the Dub rights and the title at the time, but Bandai when into bankruptcy and Funimation brought the title from them... So "technically" title is own by Funimation now but it does not have a Funimation feel to it because it was not dub by them...

But one I think you should check out it is Code Lyoko it a French Anime VERY VERY good anime... Also another good one is Zoids: Chaotic Century is REALLY good... Also Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden and Bleach are VERY good anime's too...

• the monogatari series, (Bakemonogatari,Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari Black and White, Kabukimonogatari, Otorimonogatari, Onimonogatari and a few others that can be found on Crunchyroll) but these are sub only.
    Some that are dubbed are Accel World, Beyond the Boundary, Brynhildr in the darkness, Blood Lad, Dream Eater Merry, Gargantia on the Verderus planet, Get Backers. some of these are fairly newer a couple are a little older but a good watch.

• The Monogatari series will never happen. They belong to aniplex America.
    You will get sub only, which is OK since they really couldn't be dubbed properly. Also too many quick shots of text that need to be replayed to get the intent. Dub can't fix that.

• @bejay53:

The Monogatari series will never happen. They belong to aniplex America.
    You will get sub only, which is OK since they really couldn't be dubbed properly. Also too many quick shots of text that need to be replayed to get the intent. Dub can't fix that.

considering it was just a suggestion of a series to check out. Why bother mentioning that it wont get a dub? Seem rather pointless.

• K (yes, that's the title)
    Only the first season has a dub so far. Netflix just has that, Hulu has the whole thing. There's a movie that comes between seasons 1 and 2. If you want to venture into the not-yet-dubbed part, remember to look for the movie before season 2. Hulu has it listed separately (it's called K: Missing Kings).

• @bejay53:

Well so is Erased, Asterisk War, and Durrara and you can watch them on Funimation, so don't say it will never happen

• @bejay53:

@Series5Ranger:

Well so is Erased, Asterisk War, and Durrara and you can watch them on Funimation, so don't say it will never happen

I think if your going to counter argue bejay53 with shows from AoA that could be dubbed, shows like Aldnoah.Zero, Blue Exorcist, KILL la KILL, Expelled From Paradise, FATE Unlimited Bladeworks, Maji, Madoka Majgica, SAO and Your Liw in April are all examples of shows that have been given dubs, ERASED and Asterisk War are also licened by funi so they stood a high probable chance of being dubbed anyway. The monogatari series have a very slim chance since most of it hase been released already with LE's. But as I already told bejay53 I only mentioned them as a series for nubguy to try out, not that they would get a dub.

• I second K, as mentioned above, and Moribito: Gaurdian of the Spirit; and also Knights of Sidonia, which is on Netflix only.

• Knights Of Sidonia is also on DVD and Blu-Ray.

• I'd like to see Shirobako get more love around these parts.

• @7jaws7:

I'd like to see Shirobako get more love around these parts.

I was mostly just recommending shows that had dubs because he stated preferring dubs, but yeah Shirobako is required viewing for pretty much ANYONE who is an anime fan. It's amazing.

• Nadia The Secret Of Blue Water (Sentai Filmworks) (If you like Gainax, you might enjoy it)

• @classyspartan:

I was mostly just recommending shows that had dubs because he stated preferring dubs, but yeah Shirobako is required viewing for pretty much ANYONE who is an anime fan. It's amazing.

What are we all taking about? If it doesn't exist on Funimation… it was never created: All this talk of mythical series and tales of wonder.

Right, Funimation Management? :)

• I know it's not an anime, but can you guys try to bring Pelswick back on the roster and try to put it out on DVD (if not then at the very least put up episodes for streaming)?