The new Super Smash Bros.

• Hi, there! Now, anyone who either owns a Wii U/3DS/both or has played Super Smash Bros is probably excited about the upcoming Super Smash Bros game for the Wii U and the 3DS. I mean, seriously, it's a double-dose of next-gen Smash Bros! One on a hand-held and another in High Definition! How is that not awesome? Anyway, let's talk about what we look forward to and hope for out of the new Smash Bros. It might not do much considering that Nintendo doesn't own this website, but I still want to know what kinds of ideas can flurish in our minds. Let's talk about what kinds of new characters, modes, stages, and features we would like the new Smash Bros to have. And if Nintendo does visit this site, hopefully they can get some ideas from it.

• I haven't played a Smash Bros game since Melee but I have a 3DS so I'm excited for this next installment. I'm not in the know on Brawl's features so I don't know what's been added or anything.

• Not sure which version I'll get. Maybe both if money allows. I really like playing the series on a big TV with a controller, but having a handheld version would be nice for travel and whatnot.

For characters I'd like to see, there's Lucina from FE Awakening, but Chrom's more likely than her since he's the main character… Otherwise having the Avatar character would be cool as well for a mix of swordplay and magic. I also kind of want Ike back since he was one of my better characters in Brawl.

• The only newcomer I'd really care for if they added him is Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. His lightsaber sword and general moveset would be pretty great, but I suspect that because he hasn't had a new game in a while, he's an old, forgotten hat at this point

Outside of Travis I don't really care who they add, aside from perhaps Paper Mario to replace Mr. Game & Watch. Ridley seems to be peoples' most requested character and I just don't understand why. There's also a petition to get Reggie Fils-Aime in the game, and that would seriously suck if that happened

I'm sort of pessimistic about the roster so far. I get the feeling they've only got, like, one more newcomer to announce after revealing three on the very first day. I'd imagine it'll be something redundant like Louie from Pikmin, and they break up the different Pikmin types between him and Olimar - basically, the way they split up Ness to create Lucas

• I agree. I want Nintendo to hurry up and announce more newcommers. Get on it, Nintendo.

• He guys! I found this image floating around on the internet, and I think Mewtwo and Yoshi were leaked out in this image.

I heard rumors about Mewtwo in the new game on a forum on the game.

• If Mewtwo's really returning I wonder if they'll find a way to incorporate Mega-Evolution. Still waiting on them to announce more Fire Emblem characters, and still have my fingers crossed for Lucina to be one of them.

Also, saw this on ANN (AOT x SSB): http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-02-03/fan-recreates-second-attack-on-titan-opening-with-super-smash-bros-characters

• @iamshodan:

He guys! I found this image floating around on the internet, and I think Mewtwo and Yoshi were leaked out in this image.

No Lucario, so

• Actually, Lucario is gonna be in the game. They confirmed his presence on the last day of January.

• I know. I'm saying that Lucario isn't in the screenshot

• hey hey hey hey buddies, I heard and saw a screenshot of Little mac joining the playing field

http://i.imgur.com/ImNw1Ix.png

• They confirmed it in the Nintendo Direct on Thursday/Friday

Kind of a weak choice, considering there's already, like, four other characters that fight with their fists

• @Riles:

They confirmed it in the Nintendo Direct on Thursday/Friday

Kind of a weak choice, considering there's already, like, four other characters that fight with their fists

Too bad this is what people wanted RIIIGHT?

• I hope Big Boss is in the new Super Smash Bros game.

• Nintendo has recently released a Nintendo Direct informing us about the new Super Smash Bros yesterday. Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xUWnQu2Grs

• The number system they're installing is cool but totally backwards and irrelevant. I think most people would rather know how close they are to #1, rather than how big their number is. Also, they need to adjust it to provide rankings for each character. It doesn't seem to make much sense to have a global ranking system if the top 250 or whatever are all Mega Man, or whichever character will be dubbed the top of the tier list. At the very least, I'd rather know if I was in the top 1,000 of DeDeDe users, rather than just a generic 2,000 number for my overall play

For Fun and For Glory is also cool, but they should probably rename it to Fox Glory

Ridley all but confirmed as a boss, not a playable character. Suck it, nerds

Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Charizard announced as standalone characters. Yoshi reintroduced with a taller hitbox, and some Pokemon I don't care about introduced as a brand new playable challenger

Little Mac is pretty much already confirmed as bottom tier because who's going to waste their time with a guy that has no good aerial moveset?

The Wii U version seems like it's a port of the 3DS version at the moment lol. That sticker race battle thing in the 3DS version looks like it's a ridiculous amount of fun

Best part of the Direct was when Sakurai used Substitute. Took a second watch for me to get it, but I laughed out loud

• I wish that Tales of characters would appear since Namco bandai is developing alongside Nintendo.

• No Tales of characters, but Pac-Man joined the roster.

Also, the game came out and it has 8-player multiplayer.