How and why do people say that dragon ball z isn't an anime?

• forgive me if there are threads about this already but how can people say dragonball and dragonball z are not anime? it was made by toei animation in 1989 and then got licensed by funimation and other dubbing companies like any other anime. I don't get it someone please explain this to me.

• I have never heard anybody say this

• @gamer56:

forgive me if there are threads about this already but how can people say dragonball and dragonball z are not anime?

There'a s word for those kinds of people.

Wrong.

• lol yeah that's just ridiculous

• What? It isn't real?

• Saying Dragon Ball isn't an anime is like saying a grizzly isn't a bear, that water isn't wet, or that the Pope isn't Catholic.

It's just a flat out fallacy. Those people who said that simply do not know what they're talking about.

• @classyspartan:

There'a s word for those kinds of people.

Wrong.

wrong and there's another word: idiots!

@SpacemanHardy:

Saying Dragon Ball isn't an anime is like saying a grizzly isn't a bear, that water isn't wet, or that the Pope isn't Catholic.

It's just a flat out fallacy. Those people who said that simply do not know what they're talking about.

they really don't. this is not just for dragonball z people have dared to tell me that shows like sailor moon , death note and even NARUTO ARE NOT ANIME. i kid you not.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Saying Dragon Ball isn't an anime is like saying a grizzly isn't a bear, that water isn't wet, or that the Pope isn't Catholic.

Its a dip, turn of phrase, my cat isn't Catholic and how did you know his name was Pope!?

I don't know they all look like cartoons to me, the only difference is where its made and a loose interpretation could be that DB was made in America because the dub was made in America.

• @darthrutsula:

they all look like cartoons to me

This. :pirate:

• @gamer56:

forgive me if there are threads about this already but how can people say dragonball and dragonball z are not anime? it was made by toei animation in 1989 and then got licensed by funimation and other dubbing companies like any other anime. I don't get it someone please explain this to me.

LMFAO! IT IS AN "ANIME"… Who told you that? Whoever told you that need to go back to school...

• Dictionary.com defines "Anime" as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation, characterized by highly stylized, colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sexuality." If that doesn't describe DBZ, then I don't know what will lol

• @gohan6425:

LMFAO! IT IS AN "ANIME"… Who told you that? Whoever told you that need to go back to schoo

lol tell me about it.

@darthrutsula:

the only difference is where its made and a loose interpretation could be that DB was made in America because the dub was made in America.

just because the dub was made in America does not mean the show itself was made in America.

• @nubguy:

Dictionary.com defines "Anime" as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation, characterized by highly stylized, colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sexuality." If that doesn't describe DBZ, then I don't know what will lol

THANK YOU NUBGUY. Nuffsaid,