New Berserk Anime TV Show

• They announced awhile back a new Berserk project and released a trailer. Well now it has been confirmed to be a TV show. More details here.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-04/new-berserk-anime-is-tv-series-that-premieres-in-july/.98320.

Berserk is one of my favorite anime so this was awesome news!

• I'm excited. I hope it's not really going to be in that weird 3D animation like in the trailer though.

• @fear3d:

I'm excited. I hope it's not really going to be in that weird 3D animation like in the trailer though.

Yeah me too! It definitely doesn't look like what I'd imagined. But the recent Berserk movies have a fair amount of cgi in them, so I wouldn't be surprised if that actually is the look for the show.

• I will watch it, but I'm expecting it to be just as disappointingly inconclusive as the last two incarnations.

• @Kruszer:

I will watch it, but I'm expecting it to be just as disappointing inconclusive as the last two incarnations.

lol At least it will at least be cool to see the next arc of the manga portrayed in anime. The next arc after the Golden Egg Arc has to do with him as the Black Swordsman and is supposed to be really good. To be honest though, I wish they would go back to the art style of the original anime series.

• @Kruszer:

I will watch it, but I'm expecting it to be just as disappointingly inconclusive as the last two incarnations.

If you have no expectations for it to be conclusive, then there is no way to be disappointed by its inconclusiveness ;-) If I'm not mistaken, the manga is ongoing, so there is no real chance for this upcoming series to come to a satisfactory conclusion.

• @fear3d:

If I'm not mistaken, the manga is ongoing, so there is no real chance for this upcoming series to come to a satisfactory conclusion.

Yeah that's right, and the manga has been going on for a long time too. But maybe if the new show does well it will become an ongoing series and we'll get to see more of the manga adapted.

• That looks awesome! Definitely glad it'll be streaming on Crunchy.

• A lot of people seem to hate the CGI but I think it looks fantastic.

• @GreyScale:

A lot of people seem to hate the CGI but I think it looks fantastic.

Yeah I agree. It's a very unique style that sets it apart from other anime.

• The most recent issue of Young Magazine announced that the new Berserk show will air on July 1, 2016. It also debuted some new illustrations for the show's characters. Crunchyroll will simulcast the series as it airs.

Berserk is an ongoing manga series started in 1989 that takes place in a medieval Europe-inspired dark fantasy world. The protagonist is Guts, a mercenary who joins a mercenary band, called the Band of the Hawks, after a fateful encounter with their charismatic leader, Griffith. Originally adapted into an anime series in 1997, it was later remade into a three part movie saga from 2010 - 2013. The films and the series cover roughly the same amount of the manga, with the films going a bit farther. The new Berserk show airing this July will cover the next arc in the manga, and serve as a sequel to the original series/movie series. Kentarou Miura, creator of the manga, is serving as executive supervisor for the new series.

If you haven't seen any Berserk, I would recommend finding the original series online somewhere and watching that first before watching the movies. The tv series has better character development, while the movie has better visuals and action sequences. If you want to catch up quickly, you can watch the movies alone, though you will miss out on parts of the story, and it will be harder to understand. You can watch all three movies on Amazon instant video.

These illustrations depict Guts as he appears in the new show, as well as brand new characters. This series is going to be made primarily with CGI, with traditional elements as well. Check out these interesting visuals:

Guts

Puck

Isidro

Serpico

Farnese

This is one of my favorite series. It is a masterpiece of epic fantasy.

Source: (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-26/new-berserk-tv-anime-july-1-premiere-character-visuals-revealed/.102504)

• It seems interesting, can't wait to check it out.

• You will definitely like it! Some of the most amazing writing and characters. I am excited to see the next arc in the Berserk story.

• There's a pretty cool cut on youtube or something that combines the new movies with the old anime to fill in some holes.
    I'd recommend watching that.

• A new trailer for the upcoming Berserk anime series was released today, and shows Guts interacting with several new characters. The video also debuts the theme music, "Inferno," by rock band 9mm Parabellum Bullet.

https://youtu.be/Ih2-9HwHlpw

Also revealed was a new key visual, seen below:

This season looks like it will go in a very different direction from previous installments, in both style and story. This is a great franchise based on an amazing manga. The manga, written and illustrated by Kentaro Miura, started in 1989 and is still going to this day. It was just recently announced that the manga would return to a monthly release. The manga was originally adapted into an anime TV series in 1997, and ran for 25 episodes. Later, in 2016, the manga series was once again adapted, this time into an anime film trilogy. The films cover roughly the same timespan as the original anime show, but the third movie goes beyond that and adapts more of the manga. The new Berserk show coming out this summer is an adaptation of the next arc in the manga, and therefore, a sequel to both the show and the movies.

You can catch up on all three Berserk movies over at Amazon Instant Video:

BERSERK: The Golden Age Arc I - The Egg of the King: (https://www.amazon.com/BERSERK-Golden-Age-Arc-King/dp/B00AE2KWYS/ref=tmm_aiv_swatch_1?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1465576738&sr=8-11)

BERSERK: The Golden Age Arc II - The Battle for Doldrey: (https://www.amazon.com/BERSERK-Golden-Age-Battle-Doldrey/dp/B00ECU41AY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1465576738&sr=8-3&keywords=berserk)

BERSERK: The Golden Age Arc III - The Advent: (https://www.amazon.com/BERSERK-Golden-Age-Arc-Advent/dp/B00JP5G3PW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1465576738&sr=8-5&keywords=berserk)

You can also get all three movies on Bluray in the Berserk Movie Collection on Amazon: (https://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Golden-Movie-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B01F8DJCDO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1465576738&sr=8-7&keywords=berserk)

Unfortunately, the original Berserk anime series is now out of print, and is a little hard to find. I watched it online somewhere, but, your easiest option would be to watch all three movies on Amazon. This will catch you up and get you ready for the upcoming Berserk anime series, airing this July on Crunchyroll. It is an amazing series, full of action and intrigue. This is an epic fantasy that is not to be missed!

Source: (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-06-10/berserk-tv-anime-teaser-video-previews-9mm-parabellum-bullet-theme-song/.103077)

• I'm not too keen on the new animation style, I'm just glad that after all this time we're getting more Berserk. Now if only someone would put the original series up for (Legal) Streaming.

• Just in case you hadn't heard, Berserk premieres this Friday, July 1, 2016, on Crunchyroll. Sign up to watch it as soon as it's released!

"Strike with your iron.

'That night' comes once again… The night of battle where the 'Black Swordsman' roars.

The 'Berserk' manga is the pinnacle of Japanese dark fantasy and an overwhelming presence in the Japanese entertainment world. Extremely popular not only in Japan but all over the world, a new anime adaptation of the manga finally gets underway.

Spurred by the flame raging in his heart, the Black Swordsman Guts continues his seemingly endless quest for revenge. Standing in his path are heinous outlaws, delusional evil spirits, and a devout child of god. Even as it chips away at his life, Guts continues to fight his enemies, who wield repulsive and inhumane power, with nary but his body and sword—his strength as a human.

What lies at the end of his travels? The answer is shrouded in the 'night.'

Strain your eyes and stare into the dark!"

• I haven't seen the original Berserk series or the movies, but I really liked what I saw in the short promo.

• Berserk: Past, Present, and Future - Check out this cool article all about Berserk, and get ready for the upcoming season airing this Friday.

Anime News Network: (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-06-28/berserk-past-present-and-future/.103719)

Berserk premieres on Crunchyroll this Friday, July 1, 2016.

@Immortus76:

I haven't seen the original Berserk series or the movies, but I really liked what I saw in the short promo.

Yeah it looks awesome, right? Definitely going to be a good show. I totally recommend checking out the original show or movies though. They are really good.

• Personally, I would be more open to this new TV series without the questionable use of 3D animation, but the source material should be strong enough to carry it through. Berserk has survived all sorts of adaptation issues in the recent past and I assume this won't be too different. Just that they're finally moving beyond the Golden Age arc.