Code Geass

• So i seen that funimationbeen licensing some old bandai shows like "love hina", "cowboy bebop" , and other great shows from other companies "Samurai Champloo" etc.

so i was wondering if its possible for Funi to get Code Geass both seasons ofc, for them to have rights to release dvd's and blu ray's becasue everyone knows that show is legendary and the dvd's are pretty expensive ive seen some websites that they are one of the Licencors but i have no idea if its true or not.

• They already have the license for it. It's just been delayed for a few years because Sunrise is sluggish in getting FUNimation the materials.

But yes, it is coming eventually.

• @JeeZues:

So i seen that funimationbeen licensing some old bandai shows like "love hina", "cowboy bebop" , and other great shows from other companies "Samurai Champloo" etc.

so i was wondering if its possible for Funi to get Code Geass both seasons ofc, for them to have rights to release dvd's and blu ray's becasue everyone knows that show is legendary and the dvd's are pretty expensive ive seen some websites that they are one of the Licencors but i have no idea if its true or not.

Try getting the Code Geass Legendary R1 and R2 DVD's on Ebay.com I got R2 for like $28.00 and R1 for $26.00 back in like 2013… I don't know what that are now list at but I seen good deals on Ebay... Amazon yes are WAYYY to expensive for then... As for FUNimation having the rights to Code Geass? YES that do... That pick up the rights back in 2013 after Bandai when under, FUNimation brought it... But there has been no new since... That also pick up the right to Code Geass: Akito the Exiled as well but I think there waiting for Japan to be done with it the whole way before that dub that since it never been English dub yet... I just HOPE that FUNimation will used the same voices actor that Bandai used for the English Dub that made for R1 and R2... As FUNimation mostly will NOT redub R1 and R2 (which that show NOT anyway)... Saddly it just a time thing at this point... Just like Dragonball Super only different is Code Geass is will mostly take longer then getting Dragonball Super over here to the USA...

• As much as I want to tell everyone in the world to watch Code Geass because it is the greatest thing ever… it's better for them to take the time to make a good set. If it's a choice between having it now and waiting for Sunrise/Bandai/et al. to send the materials for them to do a really complete release... I'd rather wait.
    And feed the dream of finding out they're dubbing the R2 picture dramas, Miracle Birthday, and Wonderland. Unlikely, but I can dream...

• @Fiammetta:

As much as I want to tell everyone in the world to watch Code Geass because it is the greatest thing ever… it's better for them to take the time to make a good set. If it's a choice between having it now and waiting for Sunrise/Bandai/et al. to send the materials for them to do a really complete release... I'd rather wait.
    And feed the dream of finding out they're dubbing the R2 picture dramas, Miracle Birthday, and Wonderland. Unlikely, but I can dream...

If you are talking about like a blu-ray/dvd release then yes I agree, but as far as putting it up for streaming, they don't really have a whole lot of reason to hold it back.

Personally I'm on episode 4 I think and all I have to say is "meh" what sets it apart from other serieses? Why are they drawn so slender? Why does it have to take place, or at least have a setting, at a school? I'm fine with a school setting but I value every show that doesn't take place at a school (usually) higher. At least its more visually appealing than Madoka Magicka or Clannad. Still waiting on the hook.

• @darthrutsula:

If you are talking about like a blu-ray/dvd release then yes I agree, but as far as putting it up for streaming, they don't really have a whole lot of reason to hold it back.

Contractual obligations with the Japanese production companies, I'd assume. Remember that the first dubbed episodes of most shows don't pop up on the site until a month or two before the physical release, and that's with every FUNimation property.

@darthrutsula:

Why are they drawn so slender?

Because CLAMP.

• I'm making the call now: we'll get it with the release of FunimationNow.

• its not all school and the art style and story are really good. keep watching.

• I was thinking they'd release dvd/bluray with the release of Akito the Exile. Whenever that may be. I was lucky enough to find season 1 at Best Buy before Bandai went to crap. But it gets boring not being able to see Suzaku as a knight of the round and Rolo being all Yandere for Lelouch.

• @darthrutsula:

At least its more visually appealing than Madoka Magicka or Clannad

• @Fiammetta:

As much as I want to tell everyone in the world to watch Code Geass because it is the greatest thing ever… it's better for them to take the time to make a good set. If it's a choice between having it now and waiting for Sunrise/Bandai/et al. to send the materials for them to do a really complete release... I'd rather wait.

THERE NOT GOING REDUB CODE GEASS… It would be a waste of money to redub the series when the 1st dub was already GREAT... And R1 and R2 English Voices Actor ARE EPIC... When that do english dub Code Geass: Akito the Exiled when ever that will that will mostly bring back the old cast for the main character's that are in R1 and R2 for Code Geass: Akito the Exiled and then for the new character's in the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled they will be cast with there own people for though new roles...

• @gohan6425:

THERE NOT GOING REDUB CODE GEASS…

Read it again. He never said they were going to. -_-

• @SpacemanHardy:

Contractual obligations with the Japanese production companies, I'd assume. Remember that the first dubbed episodes of most shows don't pop up on the site until a month or two before the physical release, and that's with every FUNimation property.

Because CLAMP.

What you mean? That don't have it on FUNimation Stream… And that already have an English Dub Version...

• Season 1 of Code Geass is up on UK Netflix so it looks like progress might be getting made with that. (I'll wait to see if that also appears on the US version in a few days).

I'm not convinced that it's guaranteed that FUNimation will bring back any of the old cast for the Akito OVAs. It's possible they may: they might want to use Johnny Yong Bosch for some other dub at the same time. But they might decide it's logistically easier to recast for Akito.

• @AbZeroNow:

Season 1 of Code Geass is up on UK Netflix so it looks like progress might be getting made with that. (I'll wait to see if that also appears on the US version in a few days).

I'm not convinced that it's guaranteed that FUNimation will bring back any of the old cast for the Akito OVAs. It's possible they may: they might want to use Johnny Yong Bosch for some other dub at the same time. But they might decide it's logistically easier to recast for Akito.

It not in the US… :(

Johnny Yong Bosch had work with FUNimation for other animes and is on good term with them... So he coming back I believe that... What I worry about is the 3 other main character's C.C., Suaraui, and Karren voice actor's... I not seen any anime's of then working for FUNimation yet...

• @gohan6425:

THERE NOT GOING REDUB CODE GEASS… It would be a waste of money to redub the series when the 1st dub was already GREAT... And R1 and R2 English Voices Actor ARE EPIC... When that do english dub Code Geass: Akito the Exiled when ever that will that will mostly bring back the old cast for the main character's that are in R1 and R2 for Code Geass: Akito the Exiled and then for the new character's in the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled they will be cast with there own people for though new roles...

The guy never said they were gonna re-dub Code Geass at all. He's just hoping that numerous little extra episodes which were featured on the Japanese releases that never got brought over/dubbed over here. Like little DVD released minisodes that never came state side. That's what he refers to.

@gohan6425:

What you mean? That don't have it on FUNimation Stream… And that already have an English Dub Version...

Japanese companies are difficult, and they want the original MASTERS. The Masters are basically the original version of the show, and they need those Japanese companies to give them copies of those so that they can ultimately begin working on their own DVD/BD re-release. Just because a dub exists of the show doesn't mean that it's any easier for them to obtain it and put it on their streaming services. Basically they're playing a long waiting game with Japanese companies to get the proper materials, and Japanese companies are stubborn because they're typically never in a big rush when it comes to US distribution.

@gohan6425:

Johnny Yong Bosch had work with FUNimation for other animes and is on good term with them… So he coming back I believe that... What I worry about is the 3 other main character's C.C., Suaraui, and Karren voice actor's... I not seen any anime's of then working for FUNimation yet...

Typically Funimation is pretty good when it comes to getting old casts back for popular shows. They got almost the entire cast back on board for the Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA series. Considering what I have been told of Akito the Exiled, it's a series of mostly original characters with a couple of cameos from the old cast. Honestly if they're only getting like 3 or 4 guys from the old show back I feel it should be pretty easy, but we won't know until they release any further news about the release/dub of Akito the Exiled.

• @classyspartan:

The guy never said they were gonna re-dub Code Geass at all. He's just hoping that numerous little extra episodes which were featured on the Japanese releases that never got brought over/dubbed over here. Like little DVD released minisodes that never came state side. That's what he refers to.

What numerous little extra episodes?

@classyspartan:

Japanese companies are difficult, and they want the original MASTERS. The Masters are basically the original version of the show, and they need those Japanese companies to give them copies of those so that they can ultimately begin working on their own DVD/BD re-release. Just because a dub exists of the show doesn't mean that it's any easier for them to obtain it and put it on their streaming services. Basically they're playing a long waiting game with Japanese companies to get the proper materials, and Japanese companies are stubborn because they're typically never in a big rush when it comes to US distribution.

MASTERS? That have it already master on DVD can that just make the DVD version into BD?

@classyspartan:

Typically Funimation is pretty good when it comes to getting old casts back for popular shows. They got almost the entire cast back on board for the Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA series. Considering what I have been told of Akito the Exiled, it's a series of mostly original characters with a couple of cameos from the old cast. Honestly if they're only getting like 3 or 4 guys from the old show back I feel it should be pretty easy, but we won't know until they release any further news about the release/dub of Akito the Exiled.

Not really there are alot of new character's that are NOT in R1 and R2 b/c some of the people in this show are from the EU not Area 11 (Japan) the old character's are in there too but not as much b/c it about the EU and takes PLACE in the EU not Area 11… R1 and R2 mainly was taken place in Area 11...

• @gohan6425:

Not really there are alot of new character's that are NOT in R1 and R2 b/c some of the people in this show are from the EU not Area 11 (Japan) the old character's are in there too but not as much b/c it about the EU and takes PLACE in the EU not Area 11… R1 and R2 mainly was taken place in Area 11...

So um….......

@classyspartan:

Considering what I have been told of Akito the Exiled, it's a series of mostly original characters with a couple of cameos from the old cast.

LITERALLY what I just said.

• @classyspartan:

So um….......

LITERALLY what I just said.

Uh no?????

• @gohan6425:

have it already master on DVD

No, they don't.
    Also, DVD's are not masters.

@gohan6425:

Uh no?????

Yes.

• @TIL:

No, they don't.
    Also, DVD's are not masters.

Yes.

Uh yes that do! That English Dub on DVD so the master's of the english dub are on DVD… And No...