Steins;Gate Movie

• It has been so long, but is there any chance there will be a Steins;Gate dubbed movie in America or a BD release?

• It would be nice to get it, loved the original cast for the main series. Hopefully they release it soon, wouldn't mind getting the bd version.

• …..

I told myself I wouldn't respond to this thread....

August.

It. was. licensed. in. August. of. 2014.

And then there was nothing.....

Look, it's not your fault you didn't know, but..... it's a sore subject for quite a few people.

• @dougswisher:

…..

I told myself I wouldn't respond to this thread....

August.

It. was. licensed. in. August. of. 2014.

And then there was nothing.....

Look, it's not your fault you didn't know, but..... it's a sore subject for quite a few people.

Hate to bring up such a topic lol but with Steins;Gate Zero coming out in the near future, does this give us a better chance of getting a dub for the movie? Should I just watch it in subs?

• Who the hell knows?

They way things seem to be run at Funimation, Steins Gate Zero will come out, and NOT get a broadcast dub, and then it too will sit on a hard drive somewhere never to be heard from again.

• It's funny that this is exactly what I wondering, now that the wait for Eva 3.33 had ended my attention diverted to this movie in hopes that perhaps some news has come out, cross my fingers they license the Steins;Gate 0 anime when it comes out.

• @infinity_57401:

It's funny that this is exactly what I wondering, now that the wait for Eva 3.33 had ended my attention diverted to this movie in hopes that perhaps some news has come out, cross my fingers they license the Steins;Gate 0 anime when it comes out.

Yeah I really hope so too. I would love to see them do a theater release for the Steins;Gate movie and then do a broadcast dub for Steins;Gate 0. That would be so perfect.

• Oh yeah a theater release! Because all of us who don't live near one of like 12 theaters that get these showing will LOVE being screwed out of seeing the movie for ANOTHER 6 months to a year…

And most certainly AFTER the new series.

No thanks.

• @dougswisher:

Oh yeah a theater release! Because all of us who don't live near one of like 12 theaters that get these showing will LOVE being screwed out of seeing the movie for ANOTHER 6 months to a year…

And most certainly AFTER the new series.

No thanks.

sorry, I guess I didn't realize how small the releases were. I can see why'd you'd want it straight to DVD/Streaming.

• @nubguy:

sorry, I guess I didn't realize how small the releases were. I can see why'd you'd want it straight to DVD/Streaming.

Oh, don't mind Doug over there. He's just a Debbie Downer. I for one would welcome a theatrical release.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Oh, don't mind Doug over there. He's just a Debbie Downer.

Don't you mean….

Douggie downer?!

Sunglasses and dashes out of the room

• This post is deleted!

• @SpacemanHardy:

Oh, don't mind Doug over there. He's just a Debbie Downer. I for one would welcome a theatrical release.

oh okay cool, good to know lol yeah I think it would be cool too. Have you seen any of the other Funimation releases Spaceman?

That being said, it is too bad they can't do wider releases. Perhaps they will be able to expand on this in the future, since FunimationFilms is still pretty new.

• @nubguy:

oh okay cool, good to know lol yeah I think it would be cool too. Have you seen any of the other Funimation releases Spaceman?.

Yes actually. I saw both of the recent DBZ movies and the new Ghost in the Shell film, and I plan on going to see the Psycho-Pass film this week as well. I would've loved to have seen Boy and the Beast, but sadly Funimation didn't bring it to Memphis. :(

• @SpacemanHardy:

Yes actually. I saw both of the recent DBZ movies and the new Ghost in the Shell film, and I plan on going to see the Psycho-Pass film this week as well. I would've loved to have seen Boy and the Beast, but sadly Funimation didn't bring it to Memphis. :(

Nice! You've been to quite a few. How did you like those movies? I'm going to see Psycho-Pass this week too. That one should be really good. I'm also looking forward to Empire of Corpses. Sorry to hear about Boy and the Beast though. :/ It's weird that they would have the other films but not that one.

• I would like a theatrical release but I know it would be highly unlikely that it would come to my town here. The only ones that have released in these parts have been DBZ: Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F'. If Steins;Gate got a theatrical release I would really have to make a trip to make that happen, I'll just wait impatiently for the Bluray/DVD release.

• @infinity_57401:

I'll just wait impatiently for the Bluray/DVD release.

You might not want to wait too hard… I just travelled to the future release date of the movie, and when I went by your house to check up on you, this is what I found...

• The Movie needs to be dubbed. NEEDS.
    I had to resort to watching it subbed since they have yet to dub it. The subbed voices aren't that bad, though I spent more time reading then watching -.-;
    But personally I think the English voice actor for Okabe does a way better Mad Scientist. "I'm a Mad Scientist. So Cooool! Sonavabitch!"
    And the English voice actor (Micheal Tatum) has an incredible voice range.

• I think the reason why FUNimation hasn't dubbed this yet because they are too busy with Broadcast Dubs.

• That's a hard one to sell, considering they have dubbed and released several SERIES since Otakon 2014, and broadcast dubs have been going on the whole time.

That being said, enter the "white knight" to make more excuses that have already been used…. who's gonna do it first?

• @dougswisher:

That's a hard one to sell, considering they have dubbed and released several SERIES since Otakon 2014, and broadcast dubs have been going on the whole time.

That being said, enter the "white knight" to make more excuses that have already been used…. who's gonna do it first?

At this point, I can't tell if this is trolling or you continuing to beat a dead horse. Either way, it's getting kinda old honestly.