'FunimationNow' app for Android TV OS needed

• Hi,
    FunimationNow app is being released this month in Apple TV and Amazon's Fire TV but unfortunately there was no announcement about Google's Android TV.

Android TV is being used in device like famous Nvidia SHIELD Android TV, Razer Forge TV and Google's Nexus Player also multiple Smart TV OEM also using this platform like Sony-Philips-Sharp and more are coming.

So, FunimationNow can attract more people via Android TV app. So I hope FunimationNow will be launched on Android TV also.

• I have passed the desire for an Android TV app on to the higher ups, but no word yet on if one will be worked on. Please keep an eye on our blog, the forum, or www.funimationnow.com for any announcements.

• Slams fist on table

WII U WII U WII U WII U

• @Sophie:

I have passed the desire for an Android TV app on to the higher ups, but no word yet on if one will be worked on. Please keep an eye on our blog, the forum, or www.funimationnow.com for any announcements.

Thanks for replying. Hope to see an app very soon :)

• Agreed Android TV native app definitely needed.

• An Android TV app will definitely make me subscribe. I run Android TV on every TV in my house, but my Xbox is only in the bedroom. Since that's the only place funimation exists, it's rarely used and I cancelled my sub. Being able to use it on any one of my TVs would make me get it again.

• Please consider making An Android TV app that definitely will give you more potential users, if crunchyroll can why not funanimation

• One is being considered.

• Yeah was really excited for Funimation Now but then quickly realized there is no Android TV support with the Android app. Which was surprising seeing as how it follows the Android app design guidelines pretty well unlike the original trainwreck of an app. Will be nice to have more than one streaming option when we finally get Android TV support. I think I might sideload the phone version of the app so that when it gets updated it will just show up on my homescreen.

• Oh come on. Android is huge..Guess I shouldn't be surprised…took you forever to release a decent app anyway.. Ridiculous. So I can get it working on my Shield Tablet but not my Shield TV...sheesh.

• @cyphersteel:

Oh come on. Android is huge..Guess I shouldn't be surprised…took you forever to release a decent app anyway.. Ridiculous. So I can get it working on my Shield Tablet but not my Shield TV...sheesh.

Yah! It's very sad. They already announced that 'FunimationNow' will be available in Amazon Fire TV which runs a fork version of Android but the they have no plan about the actual Android TV Platform.

• The more requests we get, the more support for a device is likely to happen. If you know other people that have an Android TV and would like a FunimationNow app, please have them contact us at www.funimation.com/support or post to this thread. ^_^

• its a must! please enter the modern streaming age!
    GOOGLE NEXUS PLAYER

-Thanks

• I would love to see an app for the Shield android TV!!!

• Thanks!

Actually, listing specific Android TV devices is a lot of help, so we'll know which ones for sure would need to be supported.

• Just bought the new Sony XBR-65X930D and what do I find in the app store just the OTHER anime streaming services app. Common funimation support Andriod TV…also I'll take a side of 4K UHD anime if you got any.

• The good news for those of us that own Sony Android TVs is that, once the Fire TV app is out, it's actually pretty easy to pull it from the AFTV onto the Sony Android TVs. They're both ARM-based so it should sideload fairly easy (you'll also need to sideload the Amazon appstore, but that too is pretty easy).

Unfortunately, those with Nexus Player's will be out of luck because the NP has a different architecture (it's x86 as opposed to ARM).

• I would love the app to be released for android tv. I use both the nvidia sheild tv and the nexus player. Once they get released i would start my sub again. I canceled it a while ago cause it was only on my ps4. But when im in the mood to watch stuff i stay on my streaming devices. Why fidle with so much stuff to swap an app…

• I personally use an nvidia shield, although we also have a roku so it's not a "can't play" scenario, it's just frustrating as I much prefer using the Shield for set-top.

• I would love to be able to use funimation on my Nvidia Shield TV, it runs on Google Tv os.
    Thanks

• I would love to see an app that was compatible with the Google Nexus Player by ASUS.
    I have three of them in the house and they work amazing with Netflix and YouTube. If I could get Funimation on there it wiould be amazing, if it was more accessible more people would give it a try and become just as addicted as the rest of us lol.