Streaming Dubs on Funimation

• So from what I can gather from the blog post Dimension W dubs will be available two weeks after they are on Toonami, so does this mean we are going to have to wait until March 12th before we get any English dubs on Funimation.com?

Seeing as it is currently the only show on the Broadcast Dubs list that is still TBD I was just curious.

• Probably, yeah. All the other broadcast dubbed shows are already available.

• Up till this season I have love all the dub, and have felt that funimation was a good deal. After hearing about Dimension W's toonami airing. I am pissed.
    Less than a year ago, we only had it to wait 3 weeks, than 4, now more of than a month. Funimation you just lost a lot of good will. I hope it was worth it.

• @wells444:

Up till this season I have love all the dub, and have felt that funimation was a good deal. After hearing about Dimension W's toonami airing. I am pissed.
    Less than a year ago, we only had it to wait 3 weeks, than 4, now more of than a month. Funimation you just lost a lot of good will. I hope it was worth it.

Honestly i see Dimension W being on toonami first no different than attack on titan or space dandy being on there, considering they have a total of 9 broadcast dubs(10 if you include W) i see no reason to be pissed off at funimation, the only reason it was delayed a week longer this time would be due to Norigami having 13 episodes in the 2nd season versus other shows having 12. I really don't see whats there to be pissed about. you have a couple weeks longer but 3x the selection

• @wells444:

ik what u mean it pisses me off that the wait keeps getting longer. Now the season is halfway over before we are able to watch the dubs which is annoying when you have friends that watch subs. However, I think they did this so they could dub more shows per season. Imo having double amount of shows and waiting twice as long is better than less shows sooner.

• @wells444:

I hope it was worth it.

Considering they get several hundred-thousand viewers each week on Toonami, I'm pretty sure they think it was. :)

• Personally I'm more interested in the why we have to wait, especially since not everyone has access to Adult Swim. I mean I'll watch both dub and sub anyway since I am really liking Dimension W as much as I am (Mira is striking all the right chords for me).

Really it'll come down to how I feel about Jad's performance as Mira on whether or not I like the dub.

• @darthrutsula:

Personally I'm more interested in the why we have to wait, especially since not everyone has access to Adult Swim.

A lot more people have Adult Swim than they do a subscription to this website. It wouldn't make much sense to cut a deal with AS to air it on Toonami, and then turn around and undercut their viewership by posting the dub to this site simultaneously. It just makes more sense to do it this way, since there aren't enough people who do have access to a subscription here but don't have access to Adult Swim that it'll move the needle in either direction in terms of people unsubscribing in disgust

• Besides, you'll still get access to it. You'll just have to wait a minute. Instant gratification is not the be-all, end-all of life, guys. This will give you more time to enjoy the sweet torture of anticipation.

• Still beats waiting months for a DVD/Blu-ray release!

• I'm gonna be honest I really don't understand why you're upset.

They cut a deal with Toonami, where the dub airs as a world premiere on Toonami and then the dubbed episodes air on Funimation's site two weeks later. That's a pretty fair deal actually. This could've easily have been a Space Dandy situation where you didn't get the dubbed episodes on their website until the DVD/BD finally came out, but you only have to wait two weeks.

And considering how many years people have been waiting for certain content from Funimation (license rescues, dub/DVD releases of shows, and even the LONG period between Evangelion 3.33) it's not a bad deal. And let's be honest you're already getting EXTREMELY fast results when it comes to broadcast dubbing anyways. Waiting a few more weeks isn't going to hurt you believe me.

• @priestesstyrande:

Still beats waiting months for a DVD/Blu-ray release!

Or years!!!

• @classyspartan:

I'm gonna be honest I really don't understand why you're upset.

I never said that I was upset about it being a two week delay, I was just curious as to then the release date on Funimation.com was going to be.

@priestesstyrande:

Still beats waiting months for a DVD/Blu-ray release!

Haha yep, that is very true!

EDIT: Please don't double-post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• @b25_killer:

I never said that I was upset about it being a two week delay, I was just curious as to then the release date on Funimation.com was going to be.

dont worry, Classyspartan was addressing Wells444, not you

• What is up with the opening and closing? We get the episodes 4 weeks late with bad opening and closings. Funimation need to get its act together.

• If they said they were going to do this from day one, then you would be right and I would have no complaints. But they put out a survey asking us which show we want for dubble talk. DW was on that survey. How much do you want to bet Funimation took that survey and used it to sell DW to AS?
    Again, If Funimation sait they were going to do this on 1/1/20016, I would be happy with what we have. I have a degree in business, and I can see this marketing campaign.

• @wells444:

What is up with the opening and closing? We get the episodes 4 weeks late with bad opening and closings. Funimation need to get its act together.

Toonami cuts the OP/ED length for time because North America's TV slots and commercial times are different from Japan's. The show wouldn't fit otherwise if the credits weren't altered

• @Riles:

Toonami cuts the OP/ED length for time because North America's TV slots and commercial times are different from Japan's. The show wouldn't fit otherwise if the credits weren't altered

I know that, but why are we getting it? Funimation controls that masters. It should be a quick switch for them.

• Well….because North America's TV slots and commercial times are different from Japan's. The show wouldn't fit otherwise if the credits weren't altered

The only other alternatives are cutting down commercial times (not happening), letting the show run over its allotted runtime every week (not happening), or cutting content from the episode itself (not happening). Also I'm pretty sure it's Toonami who cuts the OP and ED, not Funimation. Funimation gives them the episode, and then they pare it down as they see fit so they can squeeze it into the timeslot

• I don't think that answers his question satisfactorily. Time constraints and commercial times shouldn't matter for streaming videos, so why is Funimation putting up the version with shortened credit sequences to begin with?