Hey Funi: Thanks for "Valentine's Day Gift" of Broadcast Dubs

• …as I have a bunch of new stuff to watch this weekend I do appreciate it nonetheless.

I do have 1 question though... I noticed that "Fairy Tail Zero" is now a broadcast dub. Does that mean Funimation plans to speed-up the timetable for the original Fairy Tail dubs (currently at 213) in order to catch up? Or should we expect a slow drip-drip release of the remaining Fairy Tail?

This is important, because I may actually seriously consider blasting through the remaining subbed content instead, if it is gonna take 1098347091823907 years to catch up.

Alas... I must say the decision to buy a 1-year Sub pass is indeed paying much higher dividends then I once expected therefore.

• From what I read on another post, Fairy Tail will continue on as a broadcast dub beyond Fairy Tail Zero.

• @nubguy:

From what I read on another post, Fairy Tail will continue on as a broadcast dub beyond Fairy Tail Zero.

Nah, what I am talking about is the old episodes 213- that came out years ago that haven't been dubbed yet. For example, another batch is set to release at end of March (213-226), nonetheless they are still years behind in shows.

…Ones Before Fairy Tail Zero that is...

• @thegrandalliance:

Nah, what I am talking about is the old episodes 213- that came out years ago that haven't been dubbed yet. For example, another batch is set to release at end of March (213-226), nonetheless they are still years behind in shows.

…Ones Before Fairy Tail Zero that is...

I'm not experienced in this, but I'm going to tell you what I've read. The reason why it's taking so long for them to release the dubbed versions of Fairy Tail (ep 213+) is because they have to wait a certain amount of time between the Japanese release and them releasing it on their site. They are not going to stop dubbing Fairy Tail, there will just be a bigger gap between releases than usual.

Originally I wanted to wait until the dubbed versions of the episodes went up, but considering they are at 213, and Fairy Tail Zero started, I started to watch ep 213 and up subbed. I wanted to wait because I thought it would be weird hearing the Japanese voice after watching 200+ ep dubbed, but honestly it's not that bad. I've gotten to the point that I know the expressions etc, so I just imagine them saying it in my head, I quite enjoy it :).

So I would suggest watching the remaining eps before Fairy Tail Zero subbed, then wait for the broadcast dubbed versions of Fairy Tail Zero; that's what I'm planning to do.

• My guess is that Funimation is going to be dubbing the new episodes and the old ones will be released with the blu ray. We still will need to wait the year for funimation to dub the old episodes, as those will be released when the blu rays come out. It sucks that people will need to wait a yeear or watch 50 episodes subbed, but its better than nothing.

• @Anthony:

So I would suggest watching the remaining eps before Fairy Tail Zero subbed, then wait for the broadcast dubbed versions of Fairy Tail Zero; that's what I'm planning to do.

Well it recently came to my attention that Fairy Tail Zero is in Timeline of Mavis… well before "current" events... so other then interrelations (such as Xeraf or otherwise) I could assume that watching Zero "could be reasonably safe from 'spoliers'" alas I can be mistaken...

• highly ammusing good sir.
    avoid the first few minuets of ep 266 and you'll be fine