Why isnt d gray man finished

• i got curious why the rest of d gray man wasnt dubbed

• Rights issues.

• oh ok

• @Soundmonkey44:

Rights issues.

That actually seems to have been a lie. I've seen FUNimation answer the question as to why we're not getting more D.Gray-man multiple times in the past year, and the answer kept changing. It probably underperformed and it wasn't worth getting the rest.

Whatever the reason may be, we're never getting more.

• I Know D. Gray-Man has a season 3 and 4, 27 and then 25 episodes. Just how does one go about getting a hold of even the subbed version?

• @livelyheart:

I Know D. Gray-Man has a season 3 and 4, 27 and then 25 episodes. Just how does one go about getting a hold of even the subbed version?

You would have to import it from another country.

• @EyeOfPain:

You would have to import it from another country.

Or Read the manga.

• @BigOnAnime:

It probably underperformed and it wasn't worth getting the rest.

Whatever the reason may be, we're never getting more.

I highly disagree with this theory.

I know A LOT of non-anime watchers who are into the show and own the DVDs, I know a lot of avid anime watchers who list it in their top five animes. I also see some of the other fare that FUNimation churns out and I cannot fathom the idea that those are preforming better in the english market than D.Gray Man was.

Maybe FUNimation took initial numbers and made a kneejerk decision on the show but they really should look at residual sales and make the right call, dub more D Gray Man.

• Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's not true. Sorry.

• I agree with you. Others keep saying its a rights issue with dentsu or whomever. Your theory sounds accurate and I say that cause they are throwing the same excuse for other series. Example is Hellsing Ultimate.

• @cartafa:

I agree with you. Others keep saying its a rights issue with dentsu or whomever. Your theory sounds accurate and I say that cause they are throwing the same excuse for other series. Example is Hellsing Ultimate.

Just accept the fact that D.Grey Man is done here in the states.

• I saw some sub ones on i think youtube. As far as the not getting more dubbed seasons well the voice of Allen Walker is currently doing Fairy Tail so mabey there are some conflict as schedules.

• I want D gray man English dub funimation i waited years

• Funimation would like to release it too I'm sure, just not possible at this time due to issues with the license.

• @St0ck:

Funimation would like to release it too I'm sure, just not possible at this time due to issues with the license.

XD Even though this thread is a year old, its certainly new enough that the knowledge should have been transparent. Obviously Funimation was looking at a series that may be popular, but in fact was doomed from Miss Hoshino from being on Hiatus for an undisclosed illness. In fact, that illness stopped her for many years from writing before the discussion of a potential third season.

So you can imagine that Funimation saw the show as a probable dead-end, and so rather than insult the Japanese by flatly stating they don't want a doomed series, it seems more likely that Funimation just used the contract dispute to shield the other side from the embarrassment of having a show where the author stopped writing it.

And in this kind of economy, Funimation is being very selective on the shows they pick up. Good thing is D-Grayman has a large following and that Miss Hoshino is off her hiatus. In fact, you can find the NEXT ISSUE COMING OUT THIS AUGUST 5th!!!

Details and purchasing options can be found via ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=26756

• The need to dub the rest and yeah I don't know ether why please pleas funimation dub the rest when you dub the rest my wallet will be wide open

• @Conquistador0:

XD Even though this thread is a year old, its certainly new enough that the knowledge should have been transparent. Obviously Funimation was looking at a series that may be popular, but in fact was doomed from Miss Hoshino from being on Hiatus for an undisclosed illness. In fact, that illness stopped her for many years from writing before the discussion of a potential third season.

So you can imagine that Funimation saw the show as a probable dead-end, and so rather than insult the Japanese by flatly stating they don't want a doomed series, it seems more likely that Funimation just used the contract dispute to shield the other side from the embarrassment of having a show where the author stopped writing it.

And in this kind of economy, Funimation is being very selective on the shows they pick up. Good thing is D-Grayman has a large following and that Miss Hoshino is off her hiatus. In fact, you can find the NEXT ISSUE COMING OUT THIS AUGUST 5th!!!

Details and purchasing options can be found via ANN: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=26756

There's plenty of series that end in a dead end (Total Eclipse, Maoyu, Btooom, etc.) so that isn't it.

Sales fell because of the filler. Sales never recovered because the good stuff starts right after the filler ends (literally the next episode that we never got). No one would buy a series when they can't get the 2nd half.

Unless #24 of the manga goes past chapter #218, she's still on hiatus. From what I hear, she needs to buy the rights back for the manga for it to continue. Please give us the anime so she will get more royalties to fund this endeavor!

• @hoodoothejinx:

I highly disagree with this theory.

I know A LOT of non-anime watchers who are into the show and own the DVDs, I know a lot of avid anime watchers who list it in their top five animes. I also see some of the other fare that FUNimation churns out and I cannot fathom the idea that those are preforming better in the english market than D.Gray Man was.

Maybe FUNimation took initial numbers and made a kneejerk decision on the show but they really should look at residual sales and make the right call, dub more D Gray Man.

I AGREE, I've watched my fair share of anime and read manga…and d. gray man is great and NEEDS to be finished in english...

• This post is deleted!

• I understand this is a really old thread but I needed to say this. Well as they are making a second season of D Gray man (which is based a short time after the first D Gray Man series) hopefully this will give someone the push to say that "we need to dub the rest and then this second series". I've seen it plenty of times where they've got new voice actors to play already existing characters in a series, so I doubt that they would wait for the existing voice actors.

• Hopefully with the acquisition of the new season they will get the rest of the first. they are missing about 52 episodes and if this new season starts where the last ended we all will be missing something.