Some dub others no?

• What causes some anime to get dubbed but others not to? A couple of examples are OniAi and Shimoneta? I see that OniAi is already available for sale but its not dubbed and its almost a year old? Anyone got an idea?

• simulcast views. if a show is not initially broadcast dubbed when is airing, then its future depends on its steaming performance when its airing. Oniai was not a very popular show, and it was determined that dubbing it would not be profitable, so it was released as their first sub-only show.

• Other titles that weren't dubbed were Inari. Konkon, and Buddy Complex

• @Series5Ranger:

Other titles that weren't dubbed were Inari. Konkon, and Buddy Complex

C3 and Puchim@s, as well.

• Yeah that's too bad on C3.

Its coming out in March so I'll pick it up then but obviously you can't buy it if its not available. The popularity seems to be determined by Japan rather than other areas regarding dubs. Which in my opinion isn't really a wise move, since many things will sell well in other places that wouldn't in Japan.

One that did sell well in both places and probably world wide was Love, Chunibyo, and other Delusions, which is still one of my favorites.

• @Phoenixus:

Its coming out in March so I'll pick it up then but obviously you can't buy it if its not available. The popularity seems to be determined by Japan rather than other areas regarding dubs.

no, no one dubs shows based on their performance in Japan

• Well the usual criteria for a title to get dubbed are Streaming Numbers, Whether the title has also been licensed in the UK/AU/NZ (Basically they'll help pay for the dub) and popularity.

• Well that kinda sucks.

Honestly I do like Dimension W too, and I've been catching an episode here and there, its surprisingly good. They are right that little android chick is a real cutie. I like her. I'd likely buy this one at some point. But I'm so sucked in to Grimgar right now its consuming. And since Dagashi and Phantom World are my lighter entertainment choices I haven't delved much into some of the others.

I AM into Erased… I just stopped watching it because I was going to wait until it completed then Marathon it. Those types of mystery shows are the kinds where they leave you with the cliffhanger all the time and if you don't marathon it you're stuck going OMG OMG for the rest of the week.

I wasn't into Luck and Logic nor Haruchika even though I did catch them, they're just not my thing. Prince of Stride I didn't watch but then again after reading the description it just wasn't an anime I'm normally into.

Divine Gate and Pandora are actually incredibly well done. And I have caught an episode or two, its just one of those I'd put on the backburner and watch after I got done obsessing over the ones that I'm hooked on.