The OFFICIAL "Expiring Aniplex Titles" Master List

• Many thanks from WTK over at The Fandom Post for compiling this list.

Hulu expiration dates - Aniplex edition (subject to change):

• ??/??/????: Fullmetal Alchemist: Premium OVA Collection > EXPIRED

• 01/19/16: Darker Than Black (season 1) > streaming @ Anime Strike

• 02/08/16: Baccano! > EXPIRED

• 03/31/16: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood > streaming @ Crunchyroll

• 03/31/16: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood OVAs > EXPIRED

• 03/31/16: Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa > streaming @ Crunchyroll

• 07/31/16: Fullmetal Alchemist > EXPIRED

• 10/14/16: Birdy the Mighy: Decode > EXPIRED

• 10/28/16: Sound of the Sky (via Manga Ent) streaming @ Crunchyroll

• 12/31/16: Wagnaria!!2 streaming @ Crunchyroll

• 02/09/17: Sekirei (Seasons 1 & 2) > EXPIRED

• 05/29/17: Black Butler subbed version streaming @ Crunchyroll

• 08/02/17: Angel Beats!

• 08/12/17: Night Raid 1931

• 06/01/18: Mardock Scramble: The First Compression

• 06/02/18: Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion

• 06/30/18: Black Butler II

• 06/30/18: Shiki

• 07/02/18: No.6

• 08/31/18: Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor (season 2)

• 10/02/18: Persona 4: The Animation

• 11/02/18: A-Channel: The Animation

• 12/01/18: Inu X Boku Secret Service

• 12/31/18: Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust

• 03/12/19: Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc

• 04/01/19: tsuritama

• 10/12/20: Guilty Crown

• 06/30/22: Black Butler: Book of Circus

• No longer streaming but still in print: Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos

I'll try my best to keep this list updated as titles expire or if any dates are changed or altered. Be sure to keep your eyes on this list and buy/watch as many of these shows as you can! Don't get caught with your pants down!

• Thank you for this.

• Damn, Hulu keeps track of expiring anime as far as 2022??!! Unbelievable.

• Will i still be able to watch these on funimation

• @dbzfan9000:

Will i still be able to watch these on funimation

Baccano expires on February 8th, and FMA: Brotherhood and Shamballa expire on March 31st. The same day those get removed from Hulu, those titles will ALSO be removed from Funimation. It's extremely likely that as soon as these titles expire on Hulu they will also expire on the same day on Funimation's site too.

• @dbzfan9000:

Will i still be able to watch these on funimation

Given recent events, more than likely not. Once these dates hit, they'll disappear everywhere.

• @SpacemanHardy:

more than likely not.

A slim chance is still a chance

• Do you think Viz will lose Bleach, it's a Aniplex series….

• @baxt444:

Do you think Viz will lose Bleach, it's a Aniplex series….

they wont. Aniplex is only involved with music.

• I do not even want to THINK about that scenario, them taking licensing rights for any series they're even remotely involved with, not just production.

• As much as it pains me to say it, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has been removed from Funimation's streaming service.

• @SpacemanHardy:

As much as it pains me to say it, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has been removed from Funimation's streaming service.

We mourn the loss of Edowardo kun, and cherish these DVDs and Blu-Rays!

• Still bs this is happening over a company that wants to release $50-$600 Blu-Ray sets this isn't Japan Aniplex.

• A bit of an addendum:

The Premium OVA Collection for the first Fullmetal Alchemist series is confirmed to be out of print. We don't know an exact date when this happened, but Shawne Kleckner of RightStuf.com has confirmed that it is so.

Also, while Brotherhood has been removed from both Funimation.com and Hulu's streaming sites, the first 52 episodes are still available for streaming on Netflix. However, Netflix never received and is still missing the final 12 episodes, making it impossible to finish the series for Netflix users.

• Are you sure Netflix has Brotherhood? Last time I was on there I didn't see it.

• @ForlornBeliever:

Are you sure Netflix has Brotherhood? Last time I was on there I didn't see it.

I just pulled up my Netflix account to make sure, and yes, I'm looking at it right now.

• Question, question: so once these titles expire, does that mean they will only exist as hardcopies (dvd/blu-ray) to be sold or will there be other means of viewing titles through other websites?

Also, is the renewal process of an anime title that much a pain to work out or is that not even a considerable option?

• @Buraianto11s:

Question, question: so once these titles expire, does that mean they will only exist as hardcopies (dvd/blu-ray) to be sold or will there be other means of viewing titles through other websites?

Once they expire, they will be gone for GOOD. That means no more hard copies will be printed and they will disappear from almost every streaming site (Netflix as of now appears to be the one and only exception).

After that, it's up to Aniplex Japan to decide if they want to do anything with them ever again, or if they choose to just sit on the shows and never let them see the light of day.

@Buraianto11s:

Also, is the renewal process of an anime title that much a pain to work out or is that not even a considerable option?

It can be a pain, but most of the time Funimation has no problem renewing licenses with the majority of the licensors they deal with. This is just Aniplex in general being a butt-head, not only to Funi, but to all the other R1 companies they've dealt with in the past.

• @Buraianto11s:

Question, question: so once these titles expire, does that mean they will only exist as hardcopies (dvd/blu-ray) to be sold or will there be other means of viewing titles through other websites?

Pretty much. Typically, with the license expiring it also means there will be no more physical copies produced. Once something is out of print, prices tend to increase as it becomes more and more scarce. They may be rereleased under AoA's umbrella as a physical release, or they may do some form of streaming service but right now there is no information on that front we have to wait and see… :(

If they do rerelease something physically be ready to pay through the nose for the whole thing.

And there will be ways to...view it on other websites just....Not legitimatly... But places like Hulu, Netflix, Funi, Youtube, etc will all be required to take the shows down.

@Buraianto11s:

Licensing can be a pain. The more I learn about licensing the more I realise I….know nothing! Ani is different right now because they are either flat out refusing to relicens things, or if they ARE giving the option to license the price of such is absurd to the american companies. Its more than likely the former though. Some Japanese companes can be a pain to work with, but do give the licensing option. Aniplex is taking their toys and going home.

• To SPACEMANHARDY and PRIESTESSTYRANDE

Thanks for the responses! That's really saddening to hear that they essentially disappear once they expire. I was really wanting to share watching fmab with a friend but I guess I'm to have to buy me set.

"Aniplex is taking their toys and going home" is exactly what sounds like is going on

• Hey guys i was just on funis shop page and of right now it looks like they still have copies of fmab for sale, sadly cheaper, right now at then i paid two weeks ago.
    right now there at $35 per collection

granted who knows how many copies are left