No-Rin and other Shows that have been Dub Delayed, Why?

• Only 2 episodes of No-Rin have been dubbed and those where done the same day weeks ago yet nothing else has been posted.

They said they were going to start releasing dubs for OniAi as well, yet nothing on that front.

Durarara!!2 Has been dubbed on Netflix for awhile now.

I am pretty sure there are more, so why is Funimation taking so long to release them?

• two dubbed episodes are uploaded about a month and a half before the scheduled release date. the rest usually get uploaded two weeks before the release date, but that seems to have changed recently. it's now about a month later. no word yet on if this is an error or the new upload schedule

OniAi is not getting dubbed. Not sure when you heard that, but it's false

they only have streaming rights for the current Durarara season. The show belongs to Aniplex USA, so its unlikely the dub will show up here

• First of all, I apologize as I meant Tokyo ESP. I had OniAi in my head for some reason.

Secondly, your contribution helped answer neither of the other 2 questions. For future reference, don't try to answer if you have no idea, it makes you look even more inept then for just being wrong… As you are with my third question. If you had actually any idea of what goes on outside of your butt, you would know that there are several shows that Aniplex did that are on Funimation.

• ^ HEY! Watch that tone of yours. No need to be rude to other forum members. -_-

• All of Getchman's post represents the known information at this time. ^_^

• I asked some questions, and did not get an answer. If his info is based on the site's, then the site doesn't answer my questions either. Which means that maybe Funimation should be more enlightening to people, because obviously I had already checked the site for answers, and found none either hence the post in forums, which I hate because everyone thinks they are more intelligent then the rest.
    I will not apologize for what I said. And you can ban me from posting if you want, I merely said what should be told to people like him. I did not use profane language I just stated that he was wrong and inept and that he needed to get his head out of his butt before he answered questions incorrectly.

• @valyn76:

I asked some questions, and did not get an answer. If his info is based on the site's, then the site doesn't answer my questions either. Which means that maybe Funimation should be more enlightening to people, because obviously I had already checked the site for answers, and found none either hence the post in forums, which I hate because everyone thinks they are more intelligent then the rest.
    I will not apologize for what I said. And you can ban me from posting if you want, I merely said what should be told to people like him. I did not use profane language I just stated that he was wrong and inept and that he needed to get his head out of his butt before he answered questions incorrectly.

Just check the schedule. It has the information you're seeking for No-Rin and Tokyo ESP

http://www.funimation.com/schedule

You're free to not apologize as long as you are aware that everything you asked for was answered with all known information and that you are 100% incorrect in saying the site doesn't answer your question

The only real legitimate question you asked was Durarara x2, which is definitely kind of confusing, so you get a break on that one. Durarara's dub isn't handled by Funimation, and the dub wasn't made available on this site until just recently, so it might be a while before the dub is made available here, if ever. For now, you can watch the dub on Crunchyroll, where x2 seems to at least have timed exclusivity, if not full exclusivity

Since the original Durarara came out way back in 2010, it was probably easier to license the dub for streaming on this site. This is not the case for x2, which has been airing off and on for the past 13 months

• His information is based on what is known at this time. I don't get why you are being so hostile. He totally answered your questions.

Question 1: Only 2 episodes of No-Rin have been dubbed and those where done the same day weeks ago yet nothing else has been posted.

Answer: Two dubbed episodes are uploaded about a month and a half before the scheduled release date. The rest usually get uploaded two weeks before the release date, but that seems to have changed recently. It's now about a month later. no word yet on if this is an error or the new upload schedule

No-Rin is releasing physically on 2/23. The remainder of No-Rin is releasing on 3/22. http://www.funimation.com/schedule

Question 2: They said they were going to start releasing dubs for OniAi as well, yet nothing on that front.
    You already stated you worded this wrong. Hey, thats ok. Things sometimes get misstyped. You were still hostile to him for answering the question you asked not the question you mean to ask >.>

Episodes 3-12 of Tokyo ESP dubes get released on 3/22/2016 http://www.funimation.com/schedule

Question 3: Durarara!!2 Has been dubbed on Netflix for awhile now.

Answer: While not a question was still answered- They only have streaming rights for the current Durarara season. The show belongs to Aniplex USA, so its unlikely the dub will show up here.

Its not impossible. But because they dont have the rights they currently can't put it on the site. It could show up but….We dont know anything about it.

• I do apologize then as I when I checked at the time of the original post most where merely subbed. But again, I can not apologize to Getchman, because he did not even know the answer.

I will Thank You, however for actually being helpful.

• I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know anything about anime

Getchman has watched more anime than me, so I'd recommend going to him or her for any anime-related questions you may have in the future

• Well that's certainly a first. Never had anyone get upset with me for accurately answering a question before. I'm not even mad, just very amused.

Also, I'm a guy, Riles

Did all of Durararararara get magically uploaded today, because they weren't there few days ago

• So, I was going through the shows that are scheduled for Dubbing when I found this.
    http://www.funimation.com/schedule (pg 6 Second on the list)
    According to the schedule the all knowing, all powerful Funimation has listed C3 as being subbed. It is already subbed, so why is it listed to be done again?
    Now before the Funi sycophants start Trolling me, I just want to let it be known it is from the Funi site, and as I have been trolled many times in this thread for asking a question that the answer had been altered, I am bringing proof of the Funi mistake. So all the sycophantic trolls can sit back and let a Funi Mod or higher answer, please.

• oh, that's easy. the current C3 stream is the broadcast/silmulcast version. when the 15th rolls around, the simulcast stream will be replaced with the home video stream. anything that might have been censored will be uncensored along with any corrections to the animation that might have been done when it was released on disk. this happens with every show, so not a mistake.

• Then why not put the dubbed version up as well? They wait till the video releases on disc before they stream it dubbed for most of the shows, so why not C3 if it already out on disc and they are essentially reloading the sub anyway?

• because C3 is not getting dubbed

• Alright, I concede that Funimation should not have dubbed No-Rin or Tokyo ESP. The actors and or the direction was poorly done. The only person that did a great job portraying any in either was Tia Ballard as Ms. Becky. The others were rather flat compared to the subbed version. I now see why Japan hates the U.S. for trying to dub, so many things not said, so many reactions fall short…. they were painful to watch. What happened? Why can't Americans not be so stupid and try to add their own flavor to things that don't need it nor is it necessary. The Damn script was written already... follow it, react like in the original... it is not that hard.

• If the English reversion was the exact same as the Japanese release, down to the same kind of voices, emotion, and script, there wouldn't be much point to watch both languages

• I disagree, I am usually writing or drawing while I watch anime, I can't keep looking up to read what is being said. So, yes there would be a point.

• A point to watching just the English version, sure, but no point in watching both, which is what I said

• For those that don't mind the subbed or prefer it subbed. You have to remember, not everyone has the same tastes. So YES, there is a point.

• Very odd of you to cite different tastes as a reason why English reversions shouldn't deviate from the script. I prefer the dub have some individuality since I like to watch both languages of a same show and it's dumb to essentially hear the same thing twice, but I suppose this means your taste is more acceptable than mine