Release the english dub soundtrack for "My Bride is a Mermaid."

• Okay; so I, of course, own the series "My Bride is a Mermaid" and I just finished watching it for probably the 20th time. I realized that i really like the English dub music sound track for that anime. So what do I do? Of course I search online for the soundtrack so I can purchase it. Much to my surprise and despair the English dub soundtrack does not exist. I realize that there probably aren't but like 4 or 5 songs that are dubbed in the series, if that, but I would still like to own these songs in their entirety. Especially Cherami Leigh's version of "The Song of Wars."
    So FUNimation if you could find it in your heart to find these songs and find some way to release them to us I, and I'm sure many other people judging from youtube, would be eternally grateful.

…please FUNimation...I'm beggin'.....

• Unfortunately, I don't see it ever happening. I asked Brina Palencia about dubbed insert songs at a con once (inquiring specifically about the ones in Show By Rock), and what she told me was that full-length versions of insert songs are almost never recorded. Most of the time they are only allowed to record what little snippets of the song that the Japanese give them. And they aren't allowed at all to release the songs on their own due to rights and licensing issues.

Sometimes people like Vic Mignogna will go back and record English covers of songs from anime that they've been in, but in Vic's case at least, I know he recreates them entirely from scratch and does it entirely on his own time.

It's a shame, too: I'd really love a full length version of Brina's cover of Stones from The Rolling Girls. :hmm:

• NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I appreciate the reply although it was extremely, extremely depressing…. ;_;

• It always has annoyed me that they don't get to sing the entire song. In rosario vampire Alexis Tipton beautifully sung a song for 30 seconds, and the song never was able to get fully released sadly. The japanese VA for Moka sung the song in full for the soundtrack, which pissed me off even more.

• I thought the Insert songs for Show By Rock were gonna be dubbed for the DVD/Blu-Ray release? Last I inquired, that was the case. Did something change Spaceman Hardy?

• @Spaceshotx7:

I thought the Insert songs for Show By Rock were gonna be dubbed for the DVD/Blu-Ray release? Last I inquired, that was the case. Did something change Spaceman Hardy?

According to Brina, they are. But only the shortened TV-versions. The full-length album versions are still off-limits.

• @SpacemanHardy:

According to Brina, they are. But only the shortened TV-versions. The full-length album versions are still off-limits.

Aren't the full album versions not really done in most anime shows? For the DVD version of Show By Rock, won't all the insert songs be dubbed? I can't wait to watch the final dubbed version for home video release. I wonder when that will be? Spring, Summer, Fall?

• @Spaceshotx7:

Aren't the full album versions not really done in most anime shows?

Nope. :hmm:

Not the insert songs in English, at least.

• But will I notice more Insert songs for Show By rock for the DVD dubbed compared to the simulcast version? Won't the concert songs be dubbed?

• yes, the songs in Show by Rock will be dubbed. stop worrying about that. you seem to be confusing the show with the album containing the show's soundtrack. these are two different things. the show has the shortened edited version of the songs, while the album has the full songs. they can dub whats on the show, but not the disk containing the soundtrack. this is applies to all anime.

• Thanks for answering my questions. I wonder when Show By Rock will come to DVD/Blu Ray? Spring, Summer, Fall?

I also hope the Insert songs for Date A Live II are dubbed as well. I know I was surprised that the insert songs weren't dubbed for some reason in Guilty Crown. Never understood why?

I also wonder why Sentai Filmworks, doesn't dub anything singing. I watch their anime, and anything a character sings is not dubbed.

Can you answer all these questions?

• a reasonable estimate would probably be fall/ winter of next year. just a guess though

since funi normally dubs inserts songs, anything that isn't is because they weren't allowed to.

I don't know why Sentai doesn't dub songs, and i don't believe they have ever stated why. could be any number of reasons, but you certainly aren't going to find that answer here

• @Spaceshotx7:

I know I was surprised that the insert songs weren't dubbed for some reason in Guilty Crown. Never understood why?

Aniplex specifically told them not to. They even put up a disclaimer on the DVD about it.

I also wonder why Sentai Filmworks, doesn't dub anything singing. I watch their anime, and anything a character sings is not dubbed.

I don't have an official answer, but my assumption has always been that Sentai prefers to do things on the "fast & cheap" side.