Subtitled episodes 25 and 26 missing on streaming?

• Does anyone know if the DVD release has these episodes? I find it odd that both are missing for the streamed version but are available in dubbed form. I plan to watch the dubbed version but it bugs me to not know why the last 2 have no subbed versions.this is a real problem as subpass only users are left out as they have no legal way other than the DVDs or upgrading to all access to watch the last 2 at all.

• yeah, they are on the DVD

• @Getchman:

yeah, they are on the DVD

I submitted a bug report so hopefully they add them to streaming. I highly doubt they would have streaming rights to the dubbed 25 and 26 episodes but not the subtitled versions. Having them on the DVD is good as that confirms they have the subtitled episodes in the first place.

• @driverdis:

Having them on the DVD is good as that confirms they have the subtitled episodes in the first place.

yes, for the home video release. that does not translate into having them for streaming. that's a completely separate license

• Episodes 25 & 26 are technically an OVA, so that might have something to do with it.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Episodes 25 & 26 are technically an OVA, so that might have something to do with it.

A dub only OVA does not make any sense. Licensing issues would make sense if it were the other way around with 25 and 26 being sub only rather than dub only.

• Well, I have Successfully made the problem worse by contacting FUNimation. they removed 25 and 26 OVAs from dub now also rather than adding them to subtitled also. I guess "You Shouldn't Be Watching" those episodes then. For now on, I will not be reporting any more content related issues in fear that they may remove stuff rather than correct the problem. I will still however report typos as they actually fix them, at least until they go and remove stuff after fixing any of the typos I find.

• honestly, I think that was eventually going to happen. OVA's for shows are not added to the site, probably as in incentive to buy the show. you probably just sped up their schedule, so don't feel to bad

• I am definitely glad I finished the show plus OVAs before the OVAs got pulled then. The memory of watching them is something that cannot be removed for incentive or licensing issues. If I do report anything back on something, I will do it after I finished watching all the episodes so I do not get stuck with episodes being removed while in the middle of a show. I have seen several shows, newer even than Solty Rei that have OVAs to watch. I will not be listing them as I have yet to watch the OVAs and do not want to wake up the next day to find out they were pulled.
    I do find it interesting that an older show like this would need the OVAs pulled for any reason, I doubt Gonzo really cares at this point about the OVAs being disc only or not.