If Funimation is changing their logo, won't that mess up ppls existing BD collection?

• So.. since Funimation has foolishly decided to change their logo (which looks bloody awful), won't that mess things up for avid Blu-ray collectors? The Blu-ray spines will look disorganized with the previous and current logo clashing together and it'll look inconsistent as a result. Unless they intend to re-ship their entire existing Blu-ray releases w/ the new logo printed on it? The original logo was completely fine. It was unique and recognizable and now we have this boring redesign. Why..

• I don't see it being much of a problem. The FUNimation logo is pretty small on the side of the bluray spine anyway.

Unless you're dealing with someone who suffers from absolutely horrible OCD, in which case, I don't know… Maybe print out some labels? :hmm:

Like was said in the other topic you brought this up in; sometimes company logos change. VIZ did it, Pioneer/Geneon did it, I think even ADV did it a long, long time ago. Unless you're sorting all your anime blurays and DVDs strictly by company, I really don't see it being a big problem.

• Maybe !

• @SpacemanHardy:

I don't see it being much of a problem. The FUNimation logo is pretty small on the side of the bluray spine anyway.

Unless you're dealing with someone who suffers from absolutely horrible OCD, in which case, I don't know… Maybe print out some labels? :hmm:

Like was said in the other topic you brought this up in; sometimes company logos change. VIZ did it, Pioneer/Geneon did it, I think even ADV did it a long, long time ago. Unless you're sorting all your anime blurays and DVDs strictly by company, I really don't see it being a big problem.

I understand but I still think they should issue a reprint on the packaging for their shows that have the old logo if they're really committed to the new rebranding. Surely it can't be expensive at all to update the packaging and just ship their current shows w/ it.

• @Horizon_:

I understand but I still think they should issue a reprint on the packaging for their shows that have the old logo if they're really committed to the new rebranding. Surely it can't be expensive at all to update the packaging and just ship their current shows w/ it.

New shows moving forward will more than likely use the new logo, and if they ever reprint something it MIGHT use the new logo Though I could see it going either way. Going back and updating everything that currently exists (Be it on shelves, in a warehouse, or on a template for future printing) sounds unnecessary and expensive.

• @priestesstyrande:

New shows moving forward will more than likely use the new logo, and if they ever reprint something it MIGHT use the new logo Though I could see it going either way. Going back and updating everything that currently exists (Be it on shelves, in a warehouse, or on a template for future printing) sounds unnecessary and expensive.

Well I wouldn't say update everything. I was thinking more or less whatever they've released through 2015-2016. They could finish selling the stock for whatever products are currently on the shelves at retailers/warehouses, and then when they ship the next batch to retailers, that new batch would contain the updated logo.

• Seriously, who cares? it's a logo, The content is what matters. I mean the people who collect Fairy Tale, and One Piece might have an OCD issue because the logo changed but that's it, it happens all the time.

• @Series5Ranger:

Seriously, who cares? it's a logo, The content is what matters. I mean the people who collect Fairy Tale, and One Piece might have an OCD issue because the logo changed but that's it, it happens all the time.

Some people do care.

• Logos change all the time. Even in the entertainment industry they generally get updated once a decade or so. Case in point:

http://elenastr.blogspot.com/2012/04/old-hollywood-first-logos-of-famous.html

• You make it seem like this isn't their 3rd or 4th change. This is just the first time the Font has also changed with the logo.

I don't really agree with the new Logo and the color choice, but hey, they can pick something ugly if they want.

• Logos change. This doesn't even seem to be a matter of do you like the new logo or not, you're simply asking them to…reprint all of them to be in-sync with the new branding choice. Which is just a very impractical decision. Honestly right now the only current release that has the new Funimation logo is Garo: The Animation. Everything else is still branded with the preivous logo on their boxes. And it just seems like a MAJOR HASSLE to re-release EVERY SINGLE DVD/BD OVER THE PAST YEAR just for the sole purpose of slapping their new logo on it.

As someone who has a collection of DBZ Singles DVD with the very FIRST Funimation logo, I really don't see it as a major hassle. Logos change overtime and so too does packaging. It's just how it is. For now, unless you were really planning on buying GARO, you're pretty safe. Future releases will probably have the new logo though but it's probably not gonna be on every box for at least another couple of months.

• . . . I like the new logo. It looks softer. I'll be glad to see the Geass blurays with that when they finally get released.
    And a different logo isn't half as bad as when companies decide to change the placement of the logo on the spine, especially when it bumps the title up or down about an inch. This is the case with more than one manga series in my collection, and I got used to it ^_^;