Hi, will AoT ever get a 1-box re-release?

• Sorry if it's a confusing question. Basically I just want to know if Attack on Titan will ever get a re-release on a single box featuring all 25 episodes, instead of being split between 2 boxes (part 1/part 2) akin to what they did with Future Diary. Thanks!

• It's very possible and highly likely, but there's no news on it just yet. Given AoT's popularity, it might be a while before they do a complete collection. They of course want to capitalize on the season releases as much as they can.

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's very possible and highly likely, but there's no news on it just yet. Given AoT's popularity, it might be a while before they do a complete collection. They of course want to capitalize on the season releases as much as they can.

Thank you very much ^^! I understand what you mean about capitalizing on the releases. Two separate BD's equate to a higher number of sales which makes sense. The reason I'm asking is cause for me personally, I think it looks nicer having a collection on a single Blu-ray as opposed to two, if you know what I mean. :P Btw, any idea if Tokyo Ravens might get a similar treatment? I noticed they have 2 BD's per season which seems like a lot which means you have to buy 4 separate releases to watch everything. I hope they do something similar like 1 season per BD. That would also be very awesome.. :O

• @Horizon_:

Btw, any idea if Tokyo Ravens might get a similar treatment?

Likely, at some point down the line. It's standard for Funimation to release anime in 11-13 episode sets then combine them into 22-26 sets for less, and then probably repackage and re-release those sets for cheaper, and so on. Just a matter of how long it takes, but you can expect it at some point.

• @Firefly:

Likely, at some point down the line. It's standard for Funimation to release anime in 11-13 episode sets then combine them into 22-26 sets for less, and then probably repackage and re-release those sets for cheaper, and so on. Just a matter of how long it takes, but you can expect it at some point.

Ah ok, thank you. I'm not well-versed on Funimations approach to home releases, so this is good information to know. Btw, if we do see these re-releases, any idea if they will be strictly BD only, or BD/DVD? Ideally I would hope it's BD only because the cases are thinner and they take up less space. Future Diary is one example I can use.

http://www.amazon.com/Future-Diary-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B00XX97KP8

Future Diary collection contains all 25 episodes without the DVD's included. Conversely, Funimation also released Steins Gate which is 25 episodes as well except it's BD/DVD and the case is huge! http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91kPAjCdooL.SY500.jpg

So I kinda hope for BD only.. Unless they would offer the option for both which I'm not sure of..

• Eh, it depends. Some of the collections include both DVD/BD, others are separate releases for each format (doesn't seem as common, mostly longer- like Soul Eater or FMA's complete collections- or older shows). It being a combo-pack (BD and DVD in one) wouldn't surprise me since most of Funi's releases are that way now with some exceptions and shows that are DVD-only. Future Diary's situation is more the exception than the rule. So while it's possible a collected release will not be a combo pack it is more likely that it will be, especially with shorter series.

• @Firefly:

Eh, it depends. Some of the collections include both DVD/BD, others are separate releases for each format. It being a combo-pack (BD and DVD in one) wouldn't surprise me since they've done so in the past and Funi's regular releases are usually combo-packs if they aren't DVD-only. Future Diary's situation is more the exception than the rule.

Ahh ok. And what about something like Guilty Crown? Part 2 BD came out late August, 2013 and there is still no complete collection :S

• @Horizon_:

Ahh ok. And what about something like Guilty Crown? Part 2 BD came out late August, 2013 and there is still no complete collection :S

Guilty Crown is complicated because it's an Aniplex property, and they're becoming more and more eccentric with what they allow FUNimation to do with their shows.

Honestly, if you want Guilty Crown, I'd recommend going ahead and picking up the two season sets. The way things are going these days, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Aniplex forced FUNi to drop the license entirely before they get a chance to put out a complete collection. :hmm:

! (besides, if you ask me, Guilty Crown wasn't really all that good of a show to begin with…)

• FUNimation used to do very constant re-releases, a show could get a new release every single year actually (Ex: Strike Witches, Fullmetal Alchemist, Claymore), now it's more random, takes years for that box set to come out, and they've dropped doing the constant re-releases. Which is a good thing, because it no longer feeds the "I'll wait for the box set" mindset that hurts the sales that matter. And now FUNimation will have less things sitting in Rightstuf's clearance section (Geneon and ADV still have a bigger problem with that though).