Baccano! is expiring and will be removed 2/8/2016

• Our streaming rights to Baccano! are expiring. The show site and all videos, including the OVA, will be removed from Funimation.com and all Funimation streaming apps two weeks from today on February 8, 2016. We might be asked to remove the episodes sooner, so please watch this awesome show as soon as possible.

Watch it here โ€“> www.funimation.com/shows/baccano/watch

Thank you!

• Does this include the home video release as well?

• Yes, home video is included.

• will it still be on hulu?

• THANK YOU, THANK YOU for deciding to notify people of rights expiring. This change is very much-welcomed. (And finally I have something positive to say about FUNimation again.)

Didn't think this would come so soon after Darker Than Black, but whelp.@fireemblemlord:

will it still be on hulu?

Given their streaming rights are expiring, no. It'll be removed everywhere it's streaming, so start marathoning. It's 16 episodes of awesome.

• Should I just start watching the noteworthy Aniplex titles now?

• Sadness. :( Thank you, Sophie. It's very unfortunate that this happened so soon after Darker than Black. Guess if Aniplex helped produce a show go watch it (and buy it if you like it!) now rather than later. Because you never know. Streaming isn't forever.

@darthrutsula:

Should I just start watching the noteworthy Aniplex titles now?

I'd say so. If you like to buy the DVD/BDs too then hop on those when you see them at good prices too.

• I'll buy this on Amazon as soon as payday comes for me

• Well this one bums me out a lot but at the very least I can say I watched it all this year and bought the DVD from your booth back at AnimeNEXT. So at least this time around, I am prepared!

Regardless, thank you very much for keeping us posted Sophie. Really appreciate the heads up.

• @darthrutsula:

Should I just start watching the noteworthy Aniplex titles now?

Yes. I'd start with Birdy the Mighty: Decode and Shiki, as those are probably up next on the chopping block.

I'd assume that FMA and Black Butler are safeโ€ฆ. FOR NOW.

• @Sophie:

This is a relevant article.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-01-25/.97940

This is a shockingly good read!

(Not that I expected it to be bad it just set everything out so nicely.)

• Definitely odd that Aniplex is relinquishing the streaming rights to these shows while also providing simulcasts for their new shows across multiple services. Maybe they're in the process of negotiating rights to multiple hosts at once to stream all at the same time instead of giving one site a leg up? Maybe they're weighing the simulcast numbers of each site to determine which one would exclusively be the most profitable? Maybe they're plotting their own streaming service?

• @Riles:

Definitely odd that Aniplex is relinquishing the streaming rights to these shows while also providing simulcasts for their new shows across multiple services. Maybe they're in the process of negotiating rights to multiple hosts at once to stream all at the same time instead of giving one site a leg up? Maybe they're weighing the simulcast numbers of each site to determine which one would exclusively be the most profitable? Maybe they're plotting their own streaming service?

I was actually thinking the same thing. Because isn't asterisk war an aniplex title but yet they let Funimation AND Crunchyroll stream it? I just find itโ€ฆ odd. Maybe they just plan on regaining the licenses and let other streaming services stream the show while they ultimately sell the discs. Again, pointing at Asterisk War. I just don't think it makes sense that they wouldn't let services stream their shows, but it would make sense that they wouldn't let the likes of funimation sell their show. As long as I have access to the dub I'll be fine.

• I'm really starting to not like Aniplex at this point. -_-

• @tboy1992:

I'm really starting to not like Aniplex at this point. -_-

I've heavily resented them for several years now.

The words I've spoken about their president and CEO Henry Goto would make a sailor blush with shame. >.<

• I'd just like to point out that FMA TOS blu box is currently $28.99 on Amazon and Brotherhood part 1 and part 2 blu boxes are $32.49 each. Someday if Aniplex takes these brands back this will have been a much lower price than Aniplex will probably sell them for.

• @Riles:

Maybe they're plotting their own streaming service?

They kinda already have one. I guess people aren't aware/forgot about Anime Consortium Japan / Daisuki.net (Aniplex is one of the major shareholders)? There's also the Aniplex Channel, but I think those are mostly Hulu-embeds.

• It's a good thing I bought all of the single volume DVDs for this show when it first came out years ago.

I also pre-ordered Black Butler Book of Circus LE (already own season 1 and 2) on Right Stuf just so I can be prepared when the rights for that show expire.

Edit: I just ordered Darker than Black Season 2 from Amazon since its pretty cheap ($28.79) and I owned the DVD set for Season 1, so I'm good for that show.

• see! this is good now i know i should watch baccano one more time before it expires. excellent work funi.

Edit: though i do think you should also put this notice on baccano's show page as well for people who don't visit the forums often. still this is approved!

• Awful news. What if (by some miracle) the rest of the light novels are adapted and Baccano! thus gets a remake or a second season? Should the show warrant a dub, who will do it? Would Aniplex come back to Funimation for the dub? Because really, if Baccano! does get a second season/remake, the only dub actors I'd want would be the original cast. They really were phenomenal.