Getting Bikini Warriors an English Dub Treatment

• So when will Funimation English dub Bikini Warriors? According to the Wikipedia entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_Warriors

The series was released on July 7 and September 22, 2015. AnimeLab has secured streaming rights in Australia & New Zealand. I know the Japanese version is streaming on Funimation. So when will it go English dub?

• maybe in a year, maybe never. will depend entirely upon how well the simulcast performed, so it could be released sub only. either way, we wont know anything until it's solicited for release at least a year from now

• That really sucks big time. Why can Funimation get the production companies that release anime allow them faster dubbing of anime shows? Some people don't want to wait. Like me.

• @Hanssen01:

That really sucks big time. Why can Funimation get the production companies that release anime allow them faster dubbing of anime shows? Some people don't want to wait. Like me.

They can, and they have with multiple shows, thanks to their broadcast dubs

But some shows either don't warrant the immediacy of dubs, or perhaps they're requested not to do so. In which case, it makes more sense to release the dub once the physical releases are ready. Which, the physical releases aren't typically ready until they're done releasing in Japan

Bikini Warriors is a special case since the entire series was released in one set in December in Japan, but I'd imagine Funimation will just stick to the regular development cycle for it, if they've even bothered to pick up the distribution rights