The series and the last episode of Birdy

• I just watched the entire series and I am impressed. On the last episode at the very last part of episode 26 it said and I quote:

"Bye-Bye and To Be Continued…."

Accord to the Wikipedia Entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdy_the_Mighty

The series was released on July 4, 2008 September 29, 2008 and January 9, 2009 May 28, 2009. That would be 8 and 7 years ago. So why did it say that and why did the series left us like that? When will we see Tsutomu Senkawa get his body back after his body died in Episode 13 "Stand by Me?" I love to know this. Thanks.

• probably just wishful thinking

• Honestly at this point I'd say that a new season of Birdy is probably not gonna be happening anytime soon. Sucks as it is to say but it apparently didn't sell well enough to warrant future iterations.

You want an example of another show that teased a 2nd Season but never got it? Panty & Stocking. That cliffhanger ending STILL frustrates me.

• Would Funimation stop having cliffhangers?

• @Hanssen01:

Would Funimation stop having cliffhangers?

of course not. that would mean far less shows would be licensed

• @classyspartan:

Honestly at this point I'd say that a new season of Birdy is probably not gonna be happening anytime soon. Sucks as it is to say but it apparently didn't sell well enough to warrant future iterations.

That sucks. It turned out to be a really good series.