What do YOU want to see next?

• What series/movie that Funimation has licensed and not released yet, or hasn't licensed (and is not held by another company currently) do would you want to see announced released next, or at the very least, this year?

Rules:

You may not ask for Dragonball Super. It's not "available" yet.

You may not ask for anything announced in August of 2014 at Otakon. No reason to dump more salt in the ignored wounds.

You may not ask for 3.33. Supposedly we're actually getting it this time.

You may not ask for the Strike Witches movie, the 2nd Heaven's Lost Property movie, or anything that has anything to do with an already (partially) released I.P. Because the OP is a meanie head.

• Question: When you say "Is currently held by another company" Are examples like Sailor Moon/Naruto acceptable? They are released just not by Funi. Or does it have to be something that is flat out not released at all but is held by another company.

Edit: CAN I also say Case Closed? (Aww…Look at that poor horse)

Edit2: I do not plan on saying Sailor Moon/Naruto I just used them as easy examples for the sake of my question :3

• I was going to say…

There's a LOT from other companies I'd love to see Funi pick up and Dub... I know I'd be buying them.

• @dougswisher:

Rules:

You may not ask for the 2nd Heaven's Lost Property movie. Because the OP is a meanie head.

Ahhh well given your user picture looks like SOMEONE IS GUILTY AS CHARGED! :)

"Its all just water under a bridge…"-Most Awesome Anime Dude Ever

NEW WORLD DISCOVERY CLUB 4EVER!

• Look man I've been preaching and praying for someone to license Nichijou for at least two years now ever since it got removed from Crunchyroll due to licensing stuff. That and Gosick were both apparently licensed by Bandai Entertainment RIGHT before they shut their doors so not even the DVDs for those even got released at all!

Gosick I liked a bunch too, but Nichijou/My Ordinary Life is honestly one of the most hysterical laugh out loud animes I've ever seen. It's the best show that never made money, and I'll even go as far as to say it's one of KyoAni's best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smD5e-c5jWU

This show is a work of art and it deserves a physical release. Seriously, whether it's Funimation, Sentai Filmworks or NIS America I just want SOMEONE to pick this up and put it on DVD/BD!

• @dougswisher:

You may not ask for Dragonball Super. It's not "available" yet.

But… but... but... :(

• Think of it like this Tave.

EVERYONE knows Funimation is going to eventually get Dragonball Super. EVERYONE knows this. Funimation knows this. Everyone that worked and voice acted on the show knows this. Hell, TOEI probably already knows this.

Toei Animation is just stubborn. I think I saw someone describe them once as like the evil, corporate side of Disney for Japan.

Point is asking them over and over to get Dragonball Super ISN'T going to change how fast they get DBS. They'll get it when they can. THEY'RE GOING TO GET IT. You really think that if given the option that Funimation would REFUSE to stream the newest iteration of their single most popular anime series ever?

• Chihayafuru

• @classyspartan:

Nichijou

This.

@Riles:

Chihayafuru

And this.

I'd love to say Hyouka, but with what I've heard they did with Free: ES I'd rather they never be allowed near another KyoAni title again.

• @priestesstyrande:

Question: When you say "Is currently held by another company" Are examples like Sailor Moon/Naruto acceptable? They are released just not by Funi. Or does it have to be something that is flat out not released at all but is held by another company.

By "held by another company" I mean it would be pointless to ask Funimation release something that NISA, or Aniplex, or Sentai, or Viz, etc. already has. If someone else owns the rights to it, Funimation can't really make your dreams come true.

• Oh, and yeah, I too can hop on the Nichijou bandwagon… as long as they dub it. Its the kind of show that more than deserves a dub, because quite frankly there aren't enough non harem/ecchi comedies out there that have been dubbed.

• I'd love to see Funimation pick up Uraboku, I don't even care if its dubbed, I just want SOMEBODY to give it a Region 1 release. I don't care if it means forking out $200 for the complete series. I'm desperate enough to be considering buying a multi region dvd player and tv and everything required for me to watch it.

• I would love Funimation to distribute Outlaw Star Blu rays. I had the original 3 DVD set but lost them. Here's hoping that they get the Blu Ray masters and a limited edition release like Cowboy Bebop did….only I don't know what they would put in it......

• Gosick (which I saw before Crunchy took it down and it's one of the best things ever). Hyouka (which I still haven't seen but it sounds good).

Story of Saiunkoku (which FUNi had from Geneon and dropped, I know). It's like a few popular current series I could name, but so much better.

If something gets announced at an event in Shinjuku this Saturday (2/6), I hope FUNi will pick that up, but I feel like that's too close to the do-not-mention list (since the event is the premier of the final part of something on that list… cue 2-month internet blackout until the Japanese bluray comes out.)

• "Gosick (which I saw before Crunchy took it down and it's one of the best things ever). Hyouka (which I still haven't seen but it sounds good)."

I'll second and third the nomination of Gosick and Hyouka. Even though Gosick was on Crunchyroll. I'm not sure how wide an audience it got.

• Ok…

Pet Girl of Sakarasou
    (This was so good I seriously wonder why it never got a Dub)

Monogatari (ie... Bakamonogatari, Nisemonogatari, Nekomonogatari, Monogatari Second Season, etc..)

Waiting in Summer
    (Completely WRONG description of what this one is really about... the content is far different from what is claimed)

The Gate
    (The first season is outstanding, judgement still out on the second season)

Saekano
    (Hilarious comedy, on par with D-Frag)

ToLoveRu
    (Why not... fits with a lot of older Funi titles)

Kannagi, Crazy Shrine Maidens
    (again fits right in with some classic Funi titles)

• @Phoenixus:

Pet Girl of Sakarasou
    Waiting in Summer
    The Gate
    ToLoveRu

Already licensed by Sentai Filmworks

@Phoenixus:

Saekano
    Monogatari

Already licensed by Aniplex of America

@Phoenixus:

Kannagi, Crazy Shrine Maidens

This one's available!

• @Riles:

Already licensed by Sentai Filmworks

Already licensed by Aniplex of America

Heh… yeah I know, but I thought this was about wishful thinking :)

• @Phoenixus:

Heh… yeah I know, but I thought this was about wishful thinking :)

I say cling to dreams!!! :)

• @priestesstyrande:

I say cling to dreams!!! :)

Unless those dreams involve Case Closed or Rosario+Vampire.

! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ_R-G_i4Xk
    ! =^_^=

• @SpacemanHardy:

Unless those dreams involve Case Closed

Hangs Head in extreme sadness

Why ya gotta wound me so? Ok. Im sorry this is getting off topic. AS YOU ALL WERE.