Question about the items shown in the anime

• I'm not completely certain, but I have this odd feeling. Are any of the stuff shown in here actual products? If so, give me more of a desire to go to Japan on a trip once I can afford it and have learned to speak Japanese. Then again, even if their not, I still heavily want to go there. For example, the circular whistle candy. Never seen it here in America.

And the fake beer…. I didn't know such a thing existed.

• Yup. Every single thing featured in the show is a true-to-life Japanese confectionery. I've even had some of them myself. :)

• Yes.

@Zerukin:

circular whistle candy. Never seen it here in America.

We have lolipops.

… and they still have candy cigarettes. T_T

• @SpacemanHardy:

Yup. Every single thing featured in the show is a true-to-life Japanese confectionery. I've even had some of them myself. :)

…. That is awesome. May not be much of a beer drinker, but I wouldn't mind trying that fake stuff.

@TIL:

We have lolipops

True, but it's not really the same thing.

• @Zerukin:

…. That is awesome. May not be much of a beer drinker, but I wouldn't mind trying that fake stuff.

Here's a video of two kids trying out the fake beer in question. It's got kind of a fruity, orangey flavor apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0xhiw2aRpQ

• @Zerukin:

it's not really the same thing.

"Put it in your mouth and blow" is a universal concept. ~_^

• So, this show is like the candy/snack version of Silver Spoon.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Yup. Every single thing featured in the show is a true-to-life Japanese confectionery. I've even had some of them myself. :)

I'm very tempted to try to buy all the food that's in the episodes each week. lol is this the kind of stuff that could be purchased in America?

• @nubguy:

I'm very tempted to try to buy all the food that's in the episodes each week. lol is this the kind of stuff that could be purchased in America?

Well, the ramen can be found at stores. That much I know. also that powdery stick thing reminds me of churros. All that cinnamon sugar that crumbles away as you eat… talk about a waste. But I do know what you mean. I wanna try the stuff myself. Though if it shows pocky, I'm not going to be too shocked since that's a Japanese product that can be found in and american market... or at least some of the ones I've been to.