Releasing the dub to the streaming service way after the DVD/blu-ray release?

• According to the new streaming schedule all dub releases are way beyond the DVD/blu ray releases. Kingdom, Terror in Resonance, marksman and more dub release is like nearly a month after the DVD/b;u ray release,. Is this going to be a new thing or something? Is this done against illegal viewing (dub releases hitting the internet fast)? In my honest opinion it will have no effect, people that only watch it illegal will just wait 1 month more. You only strike those who pay for the monthly subscription that have to wait 1 month more now. There are no winners here, only losers.

• I really hope it's just a mess up with the schedule. It seems like an AWFUL decision and will only increase piracy. The nice part of the early streaming was watching it on here and deciding whether or not to buy it when it came out a few weeks later. IMO it is a better way to stop piracy and a good incentive to get people to sign up. Now the DVD is going to come out, someone is going to upload it online and less people are going to come here to stream it when it releases MUCH later. I hope the schedule is wrong (as it has changed multiple times so far) and they won't be changing it all.

• I'm…...very confused about the points you are both raising.

Like no matter what people who pirate stuff will continue doing so no matter when it's released. All you can do is support it, and the way I see it, before the DVD/BD dub comes out you get the preview with the first two episodes like a month or two early, the DVD/BD comes out and if you want to see more of that immediately you buy and pre-order it. Then if you're a subscriber and want to see the rest of the dub without knowing if you want to pay full price or not, or you just wish to stream the show, you wait a month and it gets added to the service. I see it more as early incentive to buy the DVD/BDs.

The piracy argument holds no meaning when you realize people can STILL pirate things that are simply streaming only. It's slightly more inconvenient for a subscriber but not by month. It's still getting added to the subscribes, you just have to wait a month. And honestly if you're that desperate to see it in the first place, that creates the incentive to buy it. Whether you agree or disagree that seems to be the current mentality they're going for.

Simply put piracy will still exist you just do your part to support the industry. Subscribe to Funimation, or hell if you REALLY want to see the full dubs for things like Terror in Resonance or Tokyo ESP, then just buy and pre-order those DVD/BD combos.

• I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• @classyspartan:

I'm…...very confused about the points you are both raising.

Like no matter what people who pirate stuff will continue doing so no matter when it's released. All you can do is support it, and the way I see it, before the DVD/BD dub comes out you get the preview with the first two episodes like a month or two early, the DVD/BD comes out and if you want to see more of that immediately you buy and pre-order it. Then if you're a subscriber and want to see the rest of the dub without knowing if you want to pay full price or not, or you just wish to stream the show, you wait a month and it gets added to the service. I see it more as early incentive to buy the DVD/BDs.

The piracy argument holds no meaning when you realize people can STILL pirate things that are simply streaming only. It's slightly more inconvenient for a subscriber but not by month. It's still getting added to the subscribes, you just have to wait a month. And honestly if you're that desperate to see it in the first place, that creates the incentive to buy it. Whether you agree or disagree that seems to be the current mentality they're going for.

I see both the points being made and yours, the reason i believe they could have done this(if it isn't an error) is to increase dvd sales. Pirate sites will get the shows up when the dvd drops or the episodes are uploaded on funimation so there's no point in delaying the episodes due to piracy.

The biggest issue that i foresee with this is that people who don't usually buy the dvds and have a subscription will go to different sites, leading to a decrease of subscribers. Mainly due to being in a world where most people want everything right now. I know that the shows being uploaded on funimation 2 weeks before the dvd releases of one piece where a HUGE reason i decided to subscribe and id image i spend more on the subscription then i would have buying the dvds off amazon, so id imagine it would be the same for others as well. I speak for myself when i say ill stay subscribed due to the broadcast dubs and the value i see in the subscription versus pirate sites, but how others will react is up in the air.

A response or statement that this change was on accident or is a permanent change would be appreciated. The whole time I've been here I've never used the forms till this issue came to my attention some I'm sure others will be upset and disappointed.

• @classyspartan:

Simply put piracy will still exist you just do your part to support the industry. Subscribe to Funimation, or hell if you REALLY want to see the full dubs for things like Terror in Resonance or Tokyo ESP, then just buy and pre-order those DVD/BD combos.

Of course piracy will still exist no matter what FUNimation does here, the point is that this could make it more likely that people will choose to watch things illegally, at least while this change is going on. Especially for people who are used to watching things online. This seems pretty unfair to some people. And when you know something is out but can't watch it, it really sucks.
    Maybe this has something to do with the new streaming service they're bringing out soon.

Just because something will still exist, doesn't mean you should ignore the possibility of making it worse.
    And the first 2 episodes of an anime doesn't always give you a good idea of whether or not you'd like it enough to spend your money on it. Plenty of anime take twice the episodes to really start to show you what they've got.

• @classyspartan:

Unfortunately alot of the people that sub to Funimation do so in order to watch a show fully before the dvd comes out so they don'e have to buy the dvd or wait for it come out. Now that you take away that option those what don't want to or can't afford to buy the dvd are just going to drop their account here and go with an illegal site since at those sites they normally have a full dvd up between a couple of weeks before the street date to a couple of days after. Rather then waiting a month or 2 for Funimation to put the episodes up. Honestly this was a main selling point for my all access sub, but if Funimation is going to start being like Aniplex or Sentai where they stager their dub releases a month or 2 after the physical media then I get the feeling alot of people are going to go back to the old ways of doing things.

• All I want to know is this….

Has anyone from Funimation explained anything about this situation? Until anyone has the only thing we can hope for is that those releases are in fact a mistake on their part... I doubt that they don't think this will affect their subscriptions so there HAS to be something happening...

My guess is that since all that new shiny apps updates and such plus these released that were announced before the new face of Funimation just make it so that this is all one big confusion ball of confusionness... Since I live in a remote part of Canada I myself look way more forward to the DVDs than the online streaming because I just cannot stand videos buffering all the darn time. But I guess Funi is going with the internet hype of having everything online and streaming so perhaps that those online release dates have to do with the fact that the new apps and FuniNow should be on the go around that time....

Sighs If that's the case I hope with all of my heart - for those who are subscribed and enjoying the online streaming - that FuniNow and the new apps won't bug out a week after it's online.

• If they are changing it so they no longer release the eps 2 weeks in advance of the DVD release, they could release them the same day as the physical media. That way there's not a gap and it could decrease (by no means stop completely) the risk piracy from people getting the DVD/BD earlier than the streamers. Nothing Funi does will stop piracy but if they change the schedule to what it is now, I can only see piracy going up.

• I noticed this too. I notice that No-Rin episodes 3-12 will be released one month after the DVD/Blu-Ray release. Is this a new policy? what would be the advantage of the All-acess pass then? So does this mean subscribers can't watch the date a live II episodes until april, 30 days after the dvd/Blu-ray release?

I want this to be corrected. anyone have an answer?

• @Spaceshotx7:

I noticed this too. I notice that No-Rin episodes 3-12 will be released one month after the DVD/Blu-Ray release. Is this a new policy? what would be the advantage of the All-acess pass then? So does this mean subscribers can't watch the date a live II episodes until april, 30 days after the dvd/Blu-ray release?

I want this to be corrected. anyone have an answer?

Yea that is indeed correct, you wont be able to watch the whole season untill 30 days after. Only the first 2 episodes will be available.

• Is this a new policy? why is that? and how do you know? I would like an answer from Funimation staff.

• @Spaceshotx7:

Is this a new policy? why is that? and how do you know? I would like an answer from Funimation staff.

With how it LOOKS right now this IS the new policy, UNLESS its a mistake. I think you got atleast 1 or 2 braincells to put 1 and 1 together.

• @TheMorry:

With how it LOOKS right now this IS the new policy, UNLESS its a mistake. I think you got atleast 1 or 2 braincells to put 1 and 1 together.

The rest of the episodes of terror in resonance in dub are up now.

• How come No moderator is answering anyone's questions on this thread? Is it a new policy that you can't watch all 12 dub episodes of a show for subscribers until a month after a DVD/BLU-Ray release? I want to see no-rin and Date A LIve II episodes online before the home video release? I only view anime online rather than buy the DVD/BLU Ray, because I only view each anime occasionally.

• @Spaceshotx7:

How come No moderator is answering anyone's questions on this thread?

Because employees on the forums and other support people answering questions aren't responsible for determining the release schedule, so until they have an answer for you from someone else who IS responsible for the change, it doesn't really help anything to come up with their own theories as to why this change is happening

• @Spaceshotx7:

How come No moderator is answering anyone's questions on this thread? Is it a new policy that you can't watch all 12 dub episodes of a show for subscribers until a month after a DVD/BLU-Ray release? I want to see no-rin and Date A LIve II episodes online before the home video release? I only view anime online rather than buy the DVD/BLU Ray, because I only view each anime occasionally.

Perhaps its because they want to allow those who are buying the physical release a little bit of preference because they are ready and willing to pay and should be rewarded rather than pander to the individuals who only make a one time annual payment to their streaming service.

• Alright so heads up I'm starting to think the schedule itself may not be so accurate.

Terror in Resonance Episodes 3-11 dubbed are listed as going up one month from now on February 16th.

I just decided to check the site and yeah, they're all available to watch dubbed with an All-Access Subscription. So simply put try not to get too upset about the schedule from now on. Thing is always subject to change at a moment's notice.

• sure, that's plausible, but that seems like something that would receive a proper announcement, considering that being able to see dubbed episodes first was a major selling point for subscribing.

• My main purpose for the streaming service was to watch before the home release so i could see if i wanted to buy or not and also was more affordable at keeping up with my long running favorites such as fairy tail. If we are not gonna get the dubs on service till a couple months later im not sure about staying subscribed as one of my main uses for it will be gone and that was one of the things that really convinced me to sign up for it in the first place

• It seems that the topic of release dates for Dub streams gets ignored by Funimation. Can Funimation really not answer this/these type(s) of question(s)?

I've been lurking around this forum for a little while, trying to get a since of how thing are done before I commit to subscribing. Dub streams would be the reason I do or don't.