Is this a bootleg or not? Sailor Moon Season 1 Complete - English Dubbed 7DVDs + 3CD?

• I notices this on Ebay when I looking for anime DVD's to buy http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sailor-Moon-Season-1-Complete-English-Dubbed-7DVDs-3CDs-/262195364164?hash=item3d0c0fc144:g:11cAAOSwYaFWceXZ When I message him he told me that he only had a part 1 and part 2 disc case all disc… ADV only made then 14 cases for season 1 and 2... But at of the discs have the same art work and the paper thing in the his dvd are the same as ADV and even the DiC logo on it... So are that real copy of the DVD for Season 1 or bootleg?

"The next DVD release I will discuss is a set released by ADV and consisted of 14 volumes. This is the ONLY set that was officially released and covered the DIC DUB that was shown on North American TVs. Each volume contained 6 episodes and the final two volumes (volumes 13 and 14) contained 5 episodes. Obviously the DUB version did not contain all the episodes and they are obviously not uncut.

Quick note: Volumes 1-7 cover Season 1 and Volumes 8-14 cover Season 2 (R)"

• @gohan6425:

English Dubbed 7DVDs + 3CD?

That don't sound right, esp. the CD's. I would pass (although that's not the main reason ;P ).

• @TIL:

That don't sound right, esp. the CD's. I would pass (although that's not the main reason ;P ).

Huh? Esp.? Not the main reason?

• @gohan6425:

Huh? Esp.?

"Especially". He means that the included CDs make it sound more sketchy. Ask for close ups of copyright info on the cases and discs. Also, closer pics can reveal poor printing quality for disc and case art that usually indicate bootleg (but not always, some official releases just aren't that nice).

I don't know enough about the DiC Sailor Moon DVD releases (I've seen some of the old ADV subbed season sets and that's it) to tell you from a glance if it's legit or not. I'd suggest researching more as to what the official releases came with, how many DVDs there were and how many episodes per disc, and what they looked like, even down to small details.

• @Firefly:

"Especially". He means that the included CDs make it sound more sketchy. Ask for close ups of copyright info on the cases and discs. Also, closer pics can reveal poor printing quality for disc and case art that usually indicate bootleg (but not always, some official releases just aren't that nice).

I don't know enough about the DiC Sailor Moon DVD releases (I've seen some of the old ADV subbed season sets and that's it) to tell you from a glance if it's legit or not. I'd suggest researching more as to what the official releases came with, how many DVDs there were and how many episodes per disc, and what they looked like, even down to small details.

I found it on ebay when looking for anime dvd to buy b/c I like buying anime dvd… Well he listed for $62.99 so it not like he listed for a cheap prices... I was mainly asking b/c I when on site to see good ones and what all the bootleg look like and what all the real copys look like and I could not find this one ANYWHERE... Bootleg or real copy... Which is why I don't know if it a bootleg or a real copy... I have seen other DVD's that have the paper thing they show in the photo... Fyi if it is a bootleg it a REAL good one... B/c there is no listed of it being a bootleg... But found nothing on it being a real copy...

• If you can't find an official release that looks like what he's showing you, that's a bad sign. Just because the price isn't ridiculously (suspiciously) low doesn't mean much. For bootleg merchandise you can find fakes being sold to unsuspecting buyers not in the know for the same price as the real deal. It does look fairly okay if it is a fake though. I've definitely seen worse.

Just keep digging. If this is real then you will be able to find something to compare against.

• @Firefly:

If you can't find an official release that looks like what he's showing you, that's a bad sign. Just because the price isn't ridiculously (suspiciously) low doesn't mean much. For bootleg merchandise you can find fakes being sold to unsuspecting buyers not in the know for the same price as the real deal. It does look fairly okay if it is a fake though. I've definitely seen worse.

Just keep digging. If this is real then you will be able to find something to compare against.

Well the paper thing in photos are show in the individual real dvds. That the only thing I can go on of it being real… Anything else it seen like a dead end... Though just to buy one individual real dvds is closes $30.00 each which only 6 episodes...