Excellent Choice on Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash

• @thegrandalliance:

I am simply surprised that as a supposed Funimation moderator, you are not "pulling the company line". I guess that's why your only a mod, and not FuniStaff tag next to ur name

Have you ever used a forum before? It doesn't feel like you've ever used a forum before

• @Riles:

Have you ever used a forum before? It doesn't feel like you've ever used a forum before

…the Irony of my comment above apparently was lost to this forum-user... expect nothing less from a Lucy-face such as that one Indeed...

I must admit this is not the first time. Perhaps in the future I should "scrub my posts" to be "Lucy Confusion-free" nonetheless.

• That episode today man. The stakes are real. Also, I really want to see a zombie now.

edit

Also, who do yall think will voice the main characters? I mean, spoiler, so I'll stop myself there.

• Grimgar is rad, I've been enjoying every bit of it and lament having to wait until next week to keep watching. The struggle is real.
    Seeing the characters at their very beginning, being unable to even kill one goblin was the perfect starting point as it makes the character development up the current episode that much more meaningful. I also like how thought out and deeply emotional it is, that first goblin kill was uncomfortable in the best way.

• @EmeraldOne:

Grimgar is rad, I've been enjoying every bit of it and lament having to wait until next week to keep watching. The struggle is real.

I personally find it quite unrealistic; the amount of mass (weight of characters) that was opposed to one non-magic user that was, well I must call it a "pretext". The anime writers are intentionally "griefing" the story by coming up with a ridiculous scenario that ends up resulting in some sort of overdramatic outcome… but alas if that stuff floats your boat...

• @EmeraldOne:

Grimgar is rad, I've been enjoying every bit of it and lament having to wait until next week to keep watching. The struggle is real.
    Seeing the characters at their very beginning, being unable to even kill one goblin was the perfect starting point as it makes the character development up the current episode that much more meaningful. I also like how thought out and deeply emotional it is, that first goblin kill was uncomfortable in the best way.

Heh… Yeah I' enjoying the hell out of this one too... its like a breath of fresh air.

! If my estimation is correct, they'll take out the Goblins that killed Manato in Episode 6 and finally smooth things over with Mary about then.
    ! I suspect the season will end at the point in the Light Novels where they take out Deathpatch, so roughly the end of Light Novel 2. It will be a perfect season one ending point.
    ! If Season 2 is made that will likely cover LN3 and 4, which would start off with the Siege at Capomorti

EDIT: Please use spoiler tags when deemed necessary. We don't want to ruin the series for those who have not yet gotten to where you are. -SH

• Alright Phoenixus I know you like the show and all but hear me out for a second…...

How about you TAG YOUR SPOILERS FROM NOW ON OKAY?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!

Like come on I get it. You looked up your translations of Grimgar online and really like it. But people are not always you and are not IMMEDIATELY LOOKING UP the source material from fan translations. Like come on dude we get it you like the show but at least for the rest of us just try and PRETEND that you care about us feeling the same excitement and suspense when big moments happen? Come on dude.

You also kind of ruined the surprise of Episode 4 when you pulled this same thing earlier. I don't get pissed over many things, but spoilers of things I am currently trying to watch is one of those things I really don't like. Seriously if you want to know how to tag spoilers you do this:

! HOLY SHIT DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S FATHER WHAT THE SHIIIIIIIIT

1. put the word [ spoiler ] as you put it in
    2. Next to the brackets, type your spoiler-y passage
    3. Close that spoiler statement with [ /spoiler ]

NOTE: The spaces are only there to show you exactly what I'm talking about, cause those don't normally have spaces because they will have already made the spoiler tag.

EDIT: Phoenixus I would like to take the time in advance to apologize. Kind of looking back at this post I realized I was particularly harsh to you when you weren't really doing anything wrong. I don't typically mean to blow up ever but spoilers is a thing I don't particularly enjoy and irritates me as a major pet peeve of mine. So just in advance, I would definitely like to apologize for my outburst. I simply just ask that in the future with the tools I gave you, should you wish to discuss about story based material from the Light Novel that has not yet been covered in the anime that you just tag it with a simple spoiler tag for those who aren't reading the novels. My apologies to you sir. Keep enjoying the show, and have a good day.

• @classyspartan:

Alright Phoenixus I know you like the show and all but hear me out for a second…...

How about you TAG YOUR SPOILERS FROM NOW ON OKAY?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!??!?!

….......................

If you are so "shell-shocked" to be disarmed by such a predicable and overhyped Anime series...

Well, then 1+1=11

/GGWP

• ok, serious question, why are you still in this thread?

• @thegrandalliance:

If you are so "shell-shocked" to be disarmed by such a predicable and overhyped Anime series…

Well, then 1+1=11

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcOC1G84MA

sigh

Okay. Alright. Okay. Alright.

Having fun? Having a good ol' giggle there mate? Feeling like such a big man with your superior, refined level of taste? Truly you are a blessed connoisseur of anime where your word is law.

Christ man we get it. I get it, you get it, everyone in this thread freaking gets it. Hell, even that nice guy at the gas station ten miles down the road gets it too because you keep wanting to shout it out for the world to hear you. You don't like Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. Congratulations. More power to you. You have an original opinion on the world wide web that is not universally shared amongst other individuals.

GOOD. FOR. YOU.

My comment I made wasn't even a personal opinion on the stupid show. My comment was about the courtesy of tagging spoilers for those who would come across this thread interesting in discussing the topic of Grimgar and then just seeing out in the open a guy that read ahead in the novels and was like "oh yeah this main character died and then they fight this guy and blahblahblah" you get it. Spoilers in general is a thing that annoys the ever living shit out of me, probably much more than it rationally should, but still it does. Perhaps I was a little rash in my post but the main thing IN GENERAL I wanted to get across was that at the very least for those who are watching the anime, JUST THE ANIME RIGHT NOW, to refrain from spilling the beans of all the events that will happen in the light novels so people can experience that themselves. Or at the very least, to lock it behind a spoiler tag, as a simple, courtesy to the fellow forum user.

A concept you don't seem to grasp.

Whether I like or dislike Grimgar is god damn irrelevant to the topic. I would enjoy to be surprised in general when events in a show take a turn in a direction I may not have necessarily seen coming. Perhaps I'm just a bumbling idiot that couldn't figure out exactly how everything in this show was gonna go down and you are such a mad intellectual whose power of clairvoyance is leagues above my own. I like to be surprised and I like to watch a show going into it blind if at all possible. I simply, merely ask as a courtesy to the fellow forum users who are fans of Grimgar of Fantasy & Ash who have NOT gotten to look into the fan translations of the Light Novel to merely tag spoilers so that others can at least enjoy the experience for themselves.

Yes TGA. Despite you saying how this show is predictable, generic, terrible trash, people are allowed to watch and enjoy themselves. I can agree to disagree. I can have a difference of opinions, and hell I could even outright despise this show with the same level of fury and passion that you've shown off in this thread time and time and time again. But people are STILL ALLOWED TO WATCH IT AND ENJOY IT AND BE SURPRISED AND IMPRESSED AND MOVED BECAUSE ITS THEIR FREAKING OPINION!

And surprise surprise. Those opinions may be different than yours.

tl;dr - Please tag your spoilers as a simple courtesy. I don't enjoy spoilers at all for things I am currently watching, whether I like the show or not. What I ask isn't too hard to ask?

Now, as another simple courtesy to everyone else TGA….how about you stop being a condescending little turd shouting about how much you hate Grimgar already? We've heard you loud and clear. You don't like it. You're ALLOWED to not like it. Just stop being an asshole to those who do? To me, that'd be mighty courteous.

Now that I got that off my chest.....have yourself a wonderful day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4

• @classyspartan:

My comment I made wasn't even a personal opinion on the stupid show. My comment was about the courtesy of tagging spoilers for those who would come across this thread interesting in discussing the topic of Grimgar and then just seeing out in the open a guy that read ahead in the novels and was like "oh yeah this main character died and then they fight this guy and blahblahblah" you get it. Spoilers in general is a thing that annoys the ever living shit out of me, probably much more than it rationally should, but still it does.

A concept you don't seem to grasp.

Okay, well first of all for the record, I would like to state that I appreciate the shear effort in writing skills/time it took to write all that above post: I haven't had someone talk to me using such a well-written piece in ages. Don"t take this as condescending at all… the example that you were able to produce is one I couldn"t say a significant quantity of Americans would be able to do. You must be doing very well in school or otherwise, and keep up the good efforts therefore.

In other news, and as a matter of core Internet logic: NEVER READ A FORUM/USER-GENERATED CONTENT IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE SPOLIERS!

The spoiler tag, although does exist, is rarely used properly. If you are really hurt by spoilers, you should refrain from reading any thread that could even remotely lead to a spoiler. It is better to simply never use forums in extreme cases. Remember that not everyone who uses a forum is skilled, or otherwise mindful of their posts.

OTHERWISE YOU WILL BE DISAPPIONTED!…

NOW that being said… If you were somehow "shocked" by the spoiled Grimgar situation at hand; well I guess all I can advise is that you watch loads more anime series, it will not be as painful the next time.

BTW if people here are wondering why I seem to care so much about this series, or the opposite thereof, I consider it a matter of public service. Funimation made this series, and its opposite "Dimension W", as the 2 "feature series" ("Fantastical Past or Faraway Future") for Winter 2016. Therefore I consider this series to be subjected to a higher critical standard then otherwise.

Alas, although I am aware that some people like this show so far; because I had such negative opinions of it such, and my "anime demographics" are not so dissimilar to potentially other people here, I consider it as a duty to ensure that such people "don't get angrly at Funimation /ragequit" or otherwise because of this show therefore.

• @thegrandalliance:

I consider this series to be subjected to a higher critical standard then otherwise.
    Alas, although I am aware that some people like this show so far; because I had such negative opinions of it such, and my "anime demographics" are not so dissimilar to potentially other people here, I consider it as a duty to ensure that such people "don't get angrly at Funimation /ragequit" or otherwise because of this show therefore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

• I like Grimgar. >.>

• Well…

On a lighter note, I don't need to hype this one up anymore, its already exploding beyond belief.

• Alright. Credit where it's due to this show.

Some legitimately well animated and emotional outbursts in Episode 5.

! https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20357
    ! https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/696460737024299008
    ! https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/696460873905348610

• Holy Crap, did my eyes just deceive me or did I just see "Broadcast DUB" for this series on the Wednesday Funi channel?

• @Phoenixus:

Holy Crap, did my eyes just deceive me or did I just see "Broadcast DUB" for this series on the Wednesday Funi channel?

You read correctly: Grimgar is part of the DubbleTalk block, and its dub will premiere tonight at 8 CT. :)

• @SpacemanHardy:

You read correctly: Grimgar is part of the DubbleTalk block, and its dub will premiere tonight at 8 CT. :)

An here I thought it was going to be an average night, watching maybe an episode of something else.

Now I'm sitting here with baited breath waiting for it… its like 2 hours away, heh. Well It also looks like I can catch a Dubbed Dagashi Kashi. Which has never failed to entertain me, even though its lighter entertainment.