Is it wrong to Try to Pick Up girls in a Dungeon? Should funimation pick up?

• For anyone who hasn't seen "Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?" you're missing out. This is a great show with memorable characters and IMO has a perfect blend of Comedy and action. The story is a unique take on the fantasy/action genre and comes with it's own style and world that is based off of different pieces of myths/lore/legends of old that have been tweaked and mashed together to create a memorable world and enjoyable viewing experience. The lead character starts off as a slightly typical anime M.C. that is funny to watch but grows a lot throughout the series in a way that makes you really feel he has matured and every episodes leaves you wanting to see what happens next.This title however currently has no North American Support and I for one would love to see it picked up by Funimation and set up for a N.A. blu-ray release to add to my collection. Anyone else feel the same way?

• It's already licensed by Sentai Filmworks

• Dungeon has already been licensed by Sentai.

• It's already been licensed by Sentai Filmworks and will more than likely get a home release in 2016.

Here's the official press release:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2015-04-07/sentai-filmworks-licenses-is-it-wrong-to-try-to-pick-up-girls-in-a-dungeon/.86868

Moving this now to the general "Anime" section.

• that's impressive, three responses at the same time

• Well it really was good… heck the title alone just rocks...

• It's already been licensed by Sentai

• ah, thanks for the Info. I didn't know that Sentai got the license….but that's good news for a blu-ray in 2016 for north america right?! yay! Man Funimation dropped the ball by not snatching this series up. It was really good/well done with phenomenal production values all around and I figured that with their market share of distributing/marketing in N.A. it would've been a boon to the series if Funi. was the one that picked it up. As long as it's going to be released here though I guess we can call that a win and not focus on the "what if" scenarios then. Thanks again for the info and quick responses guys! Always nice to see Anime fans on top of what's going on and helping to educate/enlighten other anime fans when questions like these pop up lol, ( It was bugging me that I hadn't heard anything about a release date yet so I thought maybe the license was still open)

• @ Phoenixus, I know! Right? When I first read the title I had to watch at least the first episode to see what it was about ( I had a guess, but was totally surprised by it)….then I was hooked and I had to re-watch numerous times because of how good it was (currently re watching it for the fifth time, thus my Idea to post my query as I didn't know about Sentai getting the licensing and couldn't find anything on a N.A. release date lol)

• I hate being "that guy" but the light novels are so much better ;-; the books do a really good job with the world building and also other key points of information that I would recommend the light novels along with the anime.

I'd definitely vote Dungeon into the top 5 of 2015 though, for many reasons none of which i'll list.

• @Mephisto_333:

@ Phoenixus, I know! Right? When I first read the title I had to watch at least the first episode to see what it was about ( I had a guess, but was totally surprised by it)….then I was hooked and I had to re-watch numerous times because of how good it was (currently re watching it for the fifth time, thus my Idea to post my query as I didn't know about Sentai getting the licensing and couldn't find anything on a N.A. release date lol)

Yeah that was pretty much exactly what I did… as soon as I read the title... I HAD to see that one.

And it was really that good. I did the same, watched it multiple times. Ironically the title makes it seem like a harem or ecchi... but its actually completely different than that and even better than what I was expecting. And the opener is surprisingly warming too.

• Why is it that Sentai Filmworks keeps getting a lot more of the cooler sounding anime? Don't get me wrong, FUNimation have licenced some brilliant anime (my personal favourite being Fairy Tail) and they do a great job, but I am constantly disappointed when I read about an anime and find out Sentai got their hands on it. I wish I was one of those people who had no problem reading subtitles, I just can't relax when I'm reading them, half th time it gives me a headache, among other things which I wont bother listing. Although I can watch Fairy Tail subbed no problem but that's the only exception for me. Still prefer watching it dubbed though.
    I hope FUNi starts getting more unique anime, Sentai seems to get them most of the time.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!