The "Funimation" Ending

• So, it was just an observation that my cousin and I liked to joke around about, but what is up with Funi and licensing anime with "that" type of ending? You know the one… where you cry a manly tear after the artists/authors/writers either kill off every character that you love--or at least drag them through the dirt until their spirit is broken... and everyone else is dead. Not that I don't love just about every series Funimation distributes but why Funi, WHYYYYY?!

Soooooo... what's your favorite "Funimation" ending?

• ….What are you talking about? Most of the endings I've seen from series licensed by FUNimation aren't anything like that. :hmm:

Could you provide some examples, please?

• @SpacemanHardy:

….What are you talking about? Most of the endings I've seen from series licensed by FUNimation aren't anything like that. :hmm:

Could you provide some examples, please?

Deadman Wonderland, Chrono Crusade, Cowboy Bebop, Air, Akira, Aquarion, Baccanno!, Claymore, Disgaea, Desert Punk, Eureka 7 (and AO).

The characters don't necessarily have to die physically but are left in limbo at the end. In other words, an unhappy or unresolved ending, I guess?

• they usually license shows before they know the ending. so, it just happens