Season 3

• Will there be?

• we dont know

• Only time will tell. That ending is a cruel tease though. I highly recommend checking out the manga if you really want more and can't wait. It's good and Kodansha is putting it out in English quickly at 1 volume a month to catch up to the Japanese releases.

• So, I'm curious as to any new developments regarding this. Is it likely to even have a third season?

Also, IDK if I was supposed to make a new topic.

• There has been no news at this time, which sucks cause Hiyori's upcoming arc is my favorite

• @sneezetease
    FUNIMATION'S response: STOP ASKING US!

• Funimation's ACTUAL RESPONSE:

There is currently no new information at this time whether or not new seasons of Noragami are in-production at all right now.

• @classyspartan said in Season 3:

Funimation's ACTUAL RESPONSE:
    There is currently no new information at this time whether or not new seasons of [INSERT ANIME HERE] are in-production at all right now.

There ya go.

• I've wondered several times why there isn't a sticky somewhere on this site detailing the methods used to research whether upcoming seasons are planned, in production, or blatantly declared as "dead" series. I've seen several posts/threads to this extent, or the opposite "When is Rosario Vampire season 3?", but am surprised that nobody has taken the lead on a "how to/DIY series info search". A lot of sites which are reputable (ANN, CR, Funi) have areas detailing their upcoming projects, and internet searches often turn up a plethora of information from producers pages, albeit in Japanese. Just my two cents, but I feel a lot of time could be saved if such a sticky were made for the site (as was done for "when is next season of series "X") if a tutorial were available for these type of questions.

I'm fully aware that most people won't bother reading the tutorial, but a quick link given as an answer would definitely dead end these types of conversations prior to the incessant feeding frenzy which often happens in threads posting this type of question.

• @pleco_breeder said in Season 3:

I've wondered several times why there isn't a sticky somewhere on this site detailing the methods used to research whether upcoming seasons are planned, in production, or blatantly declared as "dead" series. I've seen several posts/threads to this extent, or the opposite "When is Rosario Vampire season 3?", but am surprised that nobody has taken the lead on a "how to/DIY series info search". A lot of sites which are reputable (ANN, CR, Funi) have areas detailing their upcoming projects, and internet searches often turn up a plethora of information from producers pages, albeit in Japanese. Just my two cents, but I feel a lot of time could be saved if such a sticky were made for the site (as was done for "when is next season of series "X") if a tutorial were available for these type of questions.

I'm fully aware that most people won't bother reading the tutorial, but a quick link given as an answer would definitely dead end these types of conversations prior to the incessant feeding frenzy which often happens in threads posting this type of question.

I recall @SpacemanHardy made a couple of FAQ threads in regards to shows and threads that are frequently requested and asked for updates on upcoming new seasons whether or not any official news has actually come out of Japan or not. Granted it's tricky to do that for like every single show but who knows, maybe a general "There is no news of new episodes to your favorite show yet" and for the ones that DO have a confirmed new season coming out maybe just saying "We cannot announce any licensing announcements for the new season/movie at this time."

• @pleco_breeder There's no sticky on hunting down information, but I did include this one part in the "Do Not Request More Seasons of Anime" thread:

1. If you do not know if a second or third season is in the works or not, please do some research first before asking about it. Some excellent sites to check out for the latest anime news are Anime News Network, Crunchyroll, and The Fandom Post, and of course, there's always Google. If you can't find out any news or info on a new season of a certain show, then it simply doesn't exist. Unless an official announcement is made by the studio or production company themselves, then any and all discussion about a future season is nothing more than conjecture and holds no truth to it.

• True, there's already that. I'm thinking about whether a series did well or poorly, or what chances you'd guess it has.
    Because if someone's hyped off a season they just saw, there likely won't be any info out straight away. Only guesses.