Funimation Should Re dub The Familiar of Zero And The Rest.

• I know this is pretty much dead by now but i'm a die hard zero fan. I just got done watching The Familiar of Zero and its really good I myself and alot of other die hard fans would love for Funimation to Redub the first season of this awesome anime. I understand it didn't sell well but that was only cause the way it was dub but I believe if Funimation Redub the entire first season in house it just might be one of their best sellers yet so plz Funimation Redub this awesome anime for all the die hard fans I promise you wont regret it. If I have to I will start an online petition to show how much the fans would love for a Redub with the other seasons.

• Not gonna happen. Sentai Filmworks picked up the license for the show, and they released the first season with the original Bang Zoom dub, and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th season sub-only.

So FUNimation literally couldn't re-dub even if they wanted to. The show is literally no longer in their hands. :hmm:

• But what was the point of them doing so if they weren't gonna Re dub the first or the rest of the seasons and I known Sentai Filmworks are known for dubbing good anime so why not

• @Thunderx:

But what was the point of them doing so if they weren't gonna Re dub the first or the rest of the seasons and I known Sentai Filmworks are known for dubbing good anime so why not

For one thing, Sentai only dub about half of what they put out. If they feel a show won't make back the cost of doing a dub for it, then they have no problems putting it out sub-only.

Secondly, most of the original cast of Familiar of Zero was done by newbies, interns and no-names working at Bang Zoom at the time. Other than a handful such as Cristina Vee, Lauren Landa, and Kaiji Tang, most of the actors who performed in that dub aren't even involved in voice acting anymore. So the decision came down to Sentai to either redub the three sequel seasons with a completely different cast, or put it out sub-only. And obviously, they decided the demand for the show wasn't there to merit the costs of a dub. Hence, why seasons 2, 3, and 4 got put out the way they are.

For the record, Cristina has openly said that she would love to reprise her role in the show. And Sentai has been known to re-release certain well-selling shows that they previously put out sub-only with a new English dub. So all hope is not technically lost.

But at this point, you're barking up the wrong tree. FUNi no longer has anything to do with the show at all. You're going to need to bug Sentai about it from now on. :hmm:

• @Thunderx:

But what was the point of them doing so if they weren't gonna Re dub the first or the rest of the seasons and I known Sentai Filmworks are known for dubbing good anime so why not

Unfortunately, a personal opinion of how well a series should sell doesn't always translate to reality.

As an example, I'm a big fan of the Nanoha series, but it was in the same boat; the first two series were Geneon licenses that Funimation distributed, and once the license expired, they had no further interest. As one might expect, the series sold well in Japan (thus 3 different series, or 4 if you count ViVid), but that wasn't so for the US. Be thankful you can at least legally stream and purchase home video of all 4 of the ZnT series, because it could be worse.

• @SpacemanHardy:

But at this point, you're barking up the wrong tree. FUNi no longer has anything to do with the show at all. You're going to need to bug Sentai about it from now on.

Use their ask.fm channel
    https://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks

to ask about it. While they don't answer every question, they do answer a lot. It's because of the questions they got about Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun, that they decided to go ahead with a Collector's Box set and dub it. (They were going to release it sub only) So if the crowd is big enough and the demand is there, they will listen.