Fairy Tail Zero dub coming in February

• Okay so it is the Priestess Of The Phoenix all over, Funimation just don't give a dam about order. This arc that is after Tartarus in the anime is getting before Tartarus. What the heck? Remember the Fairy Tail movie that was the dub debut of Pantherlily.

I am not sure to be happy or angry, because why can't Tartarus get the same treatment.?

So if Fairy Tail Zero a separate series or not, I am not sure, it has the main anime time slot so.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/12/21/winter-2016-announcements/

• who are we gonna meet in this this prequel that we would see in the main timeline first? seems like this is a good place to stat a FT broadcast dub.

• @zcezs:

Okay so it is the Priestess Of The Phoenix all over, Funimation just don't give a dam about order. This arc that is after Tartarus in the anime is getting before Tartarus. What the heck? Remember the Fairy Tail movie that was the dub debut of Pantherlily.

I am not sure to be happy or angry, because why can't Tartarus get the same treatment.?

So if Fairy Tail Zero a separate series or not, I am not sure, it has the main anime time slot so.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/12/21/winter-2016-announcements/

I started watching fairy tail during summer 2015 so I wouldnt know about the phoenix princess pantherlily situation, but to be honest I dont really care, Im just happy its getting its own show subbed/dubbed (gonna watch it dubbed) . I agree with you about how the dubbed version is on episode 212 currently, and fairy tail zero is coming out february while the next dubbed episodes would come out in early march, which means tartarus would be starting in may or july and that whole thing may spoil stuff for fairy tail zero ( I havent read the manga but people kept saying tartarus was the best arc so thats how I know about it) but once again Im just happy its getting dubbed. And the main reason theres no broadcast dub for fairy tail, one piece, etc… is because those shows are longer and have more specific voice actors who have specific time slots. I dont think main characters like natsu, lucy, gray, or erza will be in fairy tail zero so they wouldnt have to worry with getting certain actors whereas in fairy tail zero they just need to focus on getting zerefs actor whos Joel mcdonald and mavis's actor Leah Clark. Plus for tartarus theres gonna be a hell of a lot more villains so that means new voice actors to find in the span of a couple of months. Plus arent broadcast dubs shorter. When Funimation releasese fairy tail episode packs there are like 12-14, whereas broadcast dubs are usually 12 or less.

• @Getchman:

who are we gonna meet in this this prequel that we would see in the main timeline first? seems like this is a good place to stat a FT broadcast dub.

Besides Mavis and Zeref Im not sure we'll meet anyone from the current fairy tail. I still wanna know why Zeref keeps mentioning Natsu and what connection he has with him though so that might happen but I doubt it. There could be more characters introduced from the fairy tail show since us dubbed viewers arent all the way caught up but this is just my guess lol.

• I think the Pheonix Priestess movie took place either before or after the Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc, but definetly not after the Tartaros arc as the Magic Council was still alive in that movie.

• Well the dub actors for a couple of characters that was introduced at the beginning of the Sun Village arc (which was a prelude to Tartarus more or less) will make their dub debut in Zero. So that is going to be different.

It is not going to spoil the main series per say, I am not complaining, but I do hope when do get the broadcast versions on the home video releases, I want the Blu Ray / DVD versions of these episodes after they get fixed.

I did hear a rumor, I haven't seen the Blu Ray / DVD versions yet, but the censoring in the Tartarus arc mainly the nudity is uncensored in the Blu Ray / DVD version.

Though I wonder when Zero does start, what should we do about a talkback threads, maybe two one for subs and one for dubs.

• @iamshodan:

I think the Pheonix Priestess movie took place either before or after the Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc, but definetly not after the Tartaros arc as the Magic Council was still alive in that movie.

It actually took place after the Grand Magic Games. They had the new guild hall, Droy was "Bigger" and the council was alive.

• I think the dub simulcast will only be for Zero, because there is limited availability to actors like Todd Haberkorn and Cherami Leigh who live and work in LA now.

• @zcezs:

I think the dub simulcast will only be for Zero, because there is limited availability to actors like Todd Haberkorn and Cherami Leigh who live and work in LA now.

not anymore. funi has stated working with Bang Zoom on broadcast dubs, which is how they are able to work on AoT Jr High, and Todd directed most of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan. doing a broadcast dub of the main FT story line could easily be done

• @Getchman:

not anymore. funi has stated working with Bang Zoom on broadcast dubs, which is how they are able to work on AoT Jr High, and Todd directed most of The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan. doing a broadcast dub of the main FT story line could easily be done

Okay that is good to know. It is about time, Funi expanded.

• @Getchman:

From what I understand, Bang Zoom doesn't really have anything to do with it. Yuki-Chan was recorded at Todd Haberkorn's personal studio, and he just so happened to bring in Alex von David and the original cast to do it. As of now, Bang Zoom and FUNimation have never collaborated on any project together.

! Rumor has it Eric Sherman doesn't like the company, but take that as you will.

• Don't worry, I read the first 7 (HA!) chapters of the manga before the Grand Magic Games even started getting dubbed and I've since read all but the last 2 chapters, so I'll have something new to watch in the anime adaption. There were no spoilers in it…. with one exception. I can tell how you to avoid it though, it's quite simple. I've watched the first subbed episode and can tell you, without spoiling a single thing, that all you need to do is not read what it tells you about a character. This male with black hair arrives on an island in a little boat at the end of the episode, there are 2 others with him. Text will appear on the bottom of the screen telling you their names and a little about them. When it shows the guy with the black hair (called Warrod, I think) don't read anything else about him because at the point the dub is up to in the main series, we haven't been introduced to him yet. But it seems that we are supposed to know all about him by now. I don't know how much of a spoiler it is, or maybe we're supposed to be introduced to him for the first time here. The other two are 100% safe to read about.
    Anyway, other ther than that, there weren't any spoilerrs in the first 10 chapters of the manga. I can't speak for the last two, though. Also, I should point out that the start of episode 1 begins in the present time, even though the manga doesn't. I don't know if it contains spoilers or not because I didn't watch that part, which took around 8 minutes, I think (including the opening). You'll instantly know if you've gone too far.
    Oh and they waste most of the episode on filler.... not just at the start but in the middle too, I hope this wont be a trend for the series.

I for one am very excited about this series, especially since we aren't getting any new Fairy Tail 2014 until March. Maybe this is why. But all that matters to me is we're getting new Fairy Tail twice in 2 months! :D And the next DVD set has 13 episodes instead of 11 or 12. I've noticed they've been increasing the number of episodes by 1 every now and then. And maybe if the broadcast dub of Zero goes well they can do it with the main series too. Although that would be harder since they'd have to catch up first. But maybe that's what increasing the number of episodes in each volume is about. I know it's not enough but if they do plan on catching up to the sub, it's a start. Either way, a slight increase is better than none :)

• Any word on Yury, Warrod, and Zeria's dub voices? We should be hearing about that soon if the dub is coming out next month.

• Where'd you hear that rumor of the uncensored Tartaros home-video release? Can you provide any type of link? Honestly i think that'd be cool, not trying to sound like a perv, bc itll look a lot more like the manga. And plus maybe theyll fix some things too. Ex: SPOILER•the censorship w Minerva stabbing and killing Kyoka•SPOILER.

• Does anyone actually know the date that the dub is coming out beyond "just a few weeks after the simulcast airs"? Because we're at our fourth week now, which pretty much puts us at a full month.

• Four weeks after airing has been the standard for pretty much every broadcast dub, so unless they treat Fairy Tail Zero as a special case (which they very well might), it'll likely premiere next Friday night

• This post is deleted!