Many season 2 not being dubbed

• There are quite a few anime series that have had the first season dubbed, but the second season is not being dubbed. An example is "Date A Live", "Maken Ki". I would think that the popularity of just the few mentioned, that fans would want to see the second season of these and other dubbed.

• Date A Live II is being dubbed. It comes out in March.

• He as a point Date A live was just a bad example, we have Toriko , Dr. Grayman , Hunter X Hunter , kenkkaishi which need so much more attention and also Tokyo ghoul still need more also the second season was dubbed first on top of all of it along with other anime that still don't have first session. cough Yona of the Dawn.

COME ON WITH DUBBING I WANT MORE!!!! Going to fully enjoy Heavy object on Christmas day!

• they don't even have HxH or Kekkaishi.

• @Kotobear:

He as a point Date A live was just a bad example, we have Toriko , Dr. Grayman , Hunter X Hunter , kenkkaishi which need so much more attention…

Funimation won't be dubbing titles that are licensed by Viz Media (Hunter x Hunter and Kekkaishi). By the way, you can view all 52 episodes of the latter dubbed via Hulu.
    Viz only announced the Hunter x Hunter license a couple of months ago, so of course there is no dub yet.

• Ok than what about and I know this is a long shot..but what about The Familiar of Zero the second season why isnt Funimation trying to re dub the first season or even attempted to dub the rest of the seasons its such a good anime i'm sure if they bring it back now it will be one of their best sellers

• because they no longer have the show

• @Thunderx:

Ok than what about and I know this is a long shot..but what about The Familiar of Zero the second season why isnt Funimation trying to re dub the first season or even attempted to dub the rest of the seasons its such a good anime i'm sure if they bring it back now it will be one of their best sellers

Because when Funimation was distributing the first series (it was actually a Geneon license), they didn't feel it performed well enough to license themselves and continue with it. (At the time, doing some sub-only releases was still in their future).

All 4 series have since been licensed by Sentai, so even if the situation has changed (and apparently it hasn't, as Sentai opted to do sub-only releases for the 3 that had previously been unlicensed and had no existing dub), Funimation would no longer be able to obtain the necessary home video rights.

• What about Toriko any news on the dubbing of the rest of that?