What's with Durarara?

• I see that Funimation has put it on their simulcast roster but I thought it was previously a AOA licensed property. I'm wondering what' storing on behind the scenes. If and when Funimation does get around to dubbing it, will they use the same voice actors?

• @mattyjblake:

I see that Funimation has put it on their simulcast roster but I thought it was previously a AOA licensed property. I'm wondering what' storing on behind the scenes. If and when Funimation does get around to dubbing it, will they use the same voice actors?

It appears that as of last season Funimation has apparently started working with Aniplex of America to expand their Simulcasting options, and Durarara AND the show ERASED seem to be part of that for this season. As for the Durarara dub, Funimation has no part in that. That's entirely over at Bang Zoom Entertainment in California. However according to a recent document, all episodes of Durarara, both Sub AND Dub will be added to the site eventually. Currently, both the first season of DRRR alongside 2 of the 3 parts for DRRRx2 are all dubbed with pretty much the same voice cast minus a few exceptions (only one I can actually think of is that the motorcycle cop guy has a new VA in Season 2 but everyone else is pretty much still there). Safe to say the 3rd Part for DRRRx2 will be dubbed and released fairly soon after too with the same cast and all.

• Well I was just about to start a speculation thread here about why it seems that Aniplex is licensing most of its upcoming shows with Funimation instead of Aniplex Of America. But then as I was composing this reply it came to me, this has more to do with FUNI's growing relationship with DAISUKI then any speculative problems A.O.A. may or may not be having.

• @thorstwin:

Well I was just about to start a speculation thread here about why it seems that Aniplex is licensing most of its upcoming shows with Funimation instead of Aniplex Of America.

It's more along the lines of Funimation Expanding it's Simulcast options by getting the Streaming rights to Aniplex titles as well. Aniplex offers it's titles to all the streaming services (more money that way).

It may also be a tactical move by Funimation, so they can keep certain titles streaming on Funimation.com, if their licenses revert back to Aniplex (Both FMA series Black Butler etc.)