Harem Suggestions?

• I need some harem suggestions. And I don't do reverse harems. I've yet to find a good one in awhile, but i'm also somewhat of a newbie to the anime scene.

• well, that's kinda vague, so here's a list of harem shows

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Harem_anime_and_manga

• As stated above, "Harem" is really vague. Most harem anime have the harem part as a subplot as part of a larger narrative, mostly for comic relief. Do you prefer an action, sci fi, mystery, horror, slice of life, siscon, etc story with harem elements? Would a romantic comedy with just two girls after the same guy be okay instead of the usual 5-6 stock characters? Maybe give some examples of anime you have liked in the past and you can get better suggestions. In the meantime, all I can do is say my personal favorite harem-style anime and that is School Days, which is available on Crunchyroll. It is not for everybody (I won't give any spoilers, but it is most definitely not a typical harem anime), but I really like it.

• Knowing what you've watched previously would help indicate what you like, and would also avoid someone recommending one you've already watched.

Because by default I recommend High School DxD and Date a Live.

• Ok I confess I am a big fan of Harem and Ecchi…

My personal recommendations for recent ones may not even be available here... but yes... Date A Live 2, I am definitely up for...

One I saw recently that I just loved was Saenai: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend (aka Saekano), its one of those where all the characters are great... and even though I thought it was completely Generic and there's no way in hell I should have liked it... Butlers vs Maids gave me a real chuckle, I think its because his childhood friend was so evil.

I tend to like the comedy version of these... so I like the Cat Planet Cuties variety of Harem/Ecchi... I also liked Mayo Chiki, Is this a Zombie, and D-Frag even though they weren't the classic Harem type.

• One of my all-time favorite anime series is My Bride is a Mermaid. It technically falls under the harem genre, so I'd definitely check it out if you're interested. :)

• @SpacemanHardy:

One of my all-time favorite anime series is My Bride is a Mermaid. It technically falls under the harem genre, so I'd definitely check it out if you're interested. :)

Accel World, for some reason, also managed to garner a harem genre. Definitely one of my more favorite shows.

My personal recommendations for recent ones may not even be available here… but yes... Date A Live 2, I am definitely up for...

Date a Live 2 is on Funimation (just saiyin)

• I'll make a few recommendations based on the Cat Planet Cuties avatar

Nyan Koi!
    Heaven's Lost Property
    Mayo Chiki
    Date A Live
    The Familiar of Zero
    The World God Only Knows
    Infinite Stratos
    Rosario + Vampire
    To LOVE-Ru

• @darthrutsula:

Accel World, for some reason, also managed to garner a harem genre. Definitely one of my more favorite shows.

Eh… I guess. Even though only two of the girls in Haruyuki's "harem" are actually interested in him romantically.

Certainly a great show in general, though.

• Another couple of good harem anime (although the harem aspects in both are pretty subdued compared to others mentioned, which is the way I prefer it) are Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu and Oreimo. Both have some good comedy without going too overboard with gratuitous fan service (so if that is what you are looking for these are probably not for you). A warning though, Oreimo has some pretty heavy siscon overtones so if you are not okay with that then just watch Himitsu, they are very similar anyway. Another anime that I would check out is My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu. It has some harem overtones that become more apparent near the end of season two (and more so in the LNs) but they are very subdued but it has some great comedy (romantic and otherwise) and the story is top notch. I would rank it as one of my favorites of all time.

• Ooo forgot about that one, Teenage Romantic Comedy Snafu… I didn't like the first season that much but I just loved the second season of it.

Oreimo was surprisingly good... but in the Subs just the way the Japanese voices come across it may not be for everyone. It kinda sounds monotone at times, almost like Monogatari (which is incredibly artistic and an excellent story, but can be hard on those with no attention span). Oreshura was kinda like that too, I enjoyed it but could see why others might not get into it.

I didn't get into My Bride is a Mermaid that much, honesty It would just start to rev up but then they kinda overkilled the Yakuza outrageousness.

I loved Familiar of Zero, but for some reason didn't think of it as a Harem anime. Been a while since I saw this one, and I always wondered why they never dubbed the rest of the seasons, they're all still subbed.

The World God Only Knows just rocked... and so did the first season opening theme. Still the best season was season 3, that's when it took more serious overtones, and honestly it really struck home. Best ever Otaku Elitist... Katsuragi...

I kinda rate Heaven's Lost Property and ToLoveRu as very similar. They're both pretty good, but they take some really strange and screwy turns at times that can seem disruptive.

I didn't finish Nyan Koi but from the episodes I saw it was very well done. I just didn't get into it for some reason.

Rosario + Vampire, not sure what to think of this one... I enjoyed it... but for some reason was never interested in watching it again. Never figured out why, even though I did enjoy it. I think it was because it could be repetitive at times. Still was a good show the first time around.

Unbreakable Machine Doll was surprisingly cool... but Yaya was just soo good, the rest of the Harem portion just didn't measure up. I still love Yaya... and her sisters for that matter :). Ending theme just rocked, this should have been the opener...

Trying to think of other ones I've seen but can't remember...

Ok wait... I just thought of another one... that just rocks...

Outbreak Company... this one is a total spoof on the Anime world...

I think Episode 4 was the one... the classroom part...
    Absolute Terroritory - Haitenai - I about died laughing over that part alone.

EDIT: Please don't double-post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• @Riles:

Infinite Stratos

I would just tell anyone who is interested to be prepared for a dreadful second season if they wanted more.

• Admittedly Sentai does seem to scoop these up really quick, probably because they do sell.

I just bought Invaders of Rokujyoma (aka Invaders of Room 106) which is another really good one.

The other one I picked up sounded great, but just went too overboard.. was… My Mental Choices are Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy (which I really thought sounded great... but... reality was much different)

• @Phoenixus:

I loved Familiar of Zero, but for some reason didn't think of it as a Harem anime. Been a while since I saw this one, and I always wondered why they never dubbed the rest of the seasons, they're all still subbed.

You have to remember that the original series was first licensed by Geneon, back when it was normal to dub everything. When Sentai licensed the 4th series, they often decided sub/dub status based on the streaming performance on CR, TAN, and Hulu. That decision carried over when the finally acquired the two other series (by which time their decision would have also proven out by sales of the fourth series).

• @Phoenixus:

The other one I picked up sounded great, but just went too overboard.. was… My Mental Choices are Interfering with My School Romantic Comedy (which I really thought sounded great... but... reality was much different)

Biggest problem I had with this show:

! Was that the protagonist was basically ok with Chocolat being an amnesiac because he didn't want to deal with her solution. It pissed me off and totally turned me off this show.

Also I second the Nogizaki Haruka no Himitsu suggestion it's a lot of fun.

• I agree Ranger, there were a lot of things in that one that just killed it for me, so I had one hit and one miss on my last round of buys.

• I was going through my Anime and thought of one that is not necessarily a Harem but… is a lot like one...

Haganai... This one remains one of my favorite rolls from Alexis Tipton. Rika Shiguma and the exchanges between her and Kodaka are hilarious.

• There are some old ones that most people might of forgotten about. Try DearS and Mouse

• Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar is fun.

• Outbreak Company. Otaku goes to another world and teaches them about anime.

And if anyone wants a good "reverse" harem, or just a good series with pretty art, mythology references, and parodies of anime high school tropes, Kamigami no Asobi is the greatest thing ever.