New D.ray-man fro 2016

• http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/19-1/katsura-hoshinos-dgray-man-gets-new-tv-anime-adaptation-in-2016

It is announced at the Jumpe Festa 2016 event today that a new TV anime adaptation of Katsura Hoshino's dark fantasy action manga series D.Gray-man is in the works for a 2016 premiere. Its official website and Twitter open today with its main visual and an 80-second 1st PV (currently region-locked). The tagline on the main visual is written as "I want to live, even if I have to destroy you."

• Don't get your hopes up, folks. Let me remind you all that:

• The first series was a big flop for FUNimation, so I wouldn't be surprised if they passed on this one entirely.
    • The new anime still won't have a proper conclusion, as the manga has been on hiatus for a good long time.

• @SpacemanHardy:

• The new anime still won't have a proper conclusion, as the manga has been on hiatus for a good long time.

not that it matters but there are a few series still running that don't have a "proper conclusion" due to their on going manga. not really a factor in the "flop". I'd say the what caused the "flop" is more due to how the 1st half that funi was able to get was mostly filler eps and little main content, which readers of the manga were not happy with. And that also funi was never allowed the rights to the 2nd half of the story, which is where the story relay starts picking up.

• Yeah!

I can't help but smile from ear to ear. I hope Crunchyroll is able to air the new 2016 series and the episodes 50+ from the older series. I love the parts with the Noah Family and Allen's Crown Clown.

• People, people, people, in due time, all wishes will be granted. DGM is in full swing and still favorited in US and Especially if not definitely to Japan. There would be no presence in the upcoming expo, in March otherwise, for an unfavorable return as such has been implied by some in this forum, which only exhibits a udeniable abyss of hubris. Anything that has absoulte favor will be presented in suit with DGM at this years Expo in March. It is soaring back thanks to our favorite fan adoring author and her unwavering resolve to continue despite her sickness, but this is a deduction based on facts, I must admit I am only delved in the Expo News, just follow suit and watch the news, as it is the purest form of reason that can satisfy the craving that we all share, it is coming, there is an awakening in the force.

• This anime needs to be dubbed, the full thing looks amazing and it will be a hit if its brought back for sure,I agree with dragon0 on this one fully.

• It should be dubbed. I mean episodes 52-103 are very exciting. I mean I love it in Japanese but sometimes the subtitles make no sense. English would make it that much better. Live both language castings though.

• @Dragon0:

not that it matters but there are a few series still running that don't have a "proper conclusion" due to their on going manga. not really a factor in the "flop". I'd say the what caused the "flop" is more due to how the 1st half that funi was able to get was mostly filler eps and little main content, which readers of the manga were not happy with. And that also funi was never allowed the rights to the 2nd half of the story, which is where the story relay starts picking up.

Another factor in the "flop" may have been in the dubbing itself, seeing how hardcore fans tend to shun anything that doesn't live up to their expectations. For example: Kanda (who sounded way older than 18) pronouncing Mugen "Mew-gen" and Allen's voice being… how to describe it... less soft? compared to his japanese (more boyish/feminine) voice. Me and a handful of my friends had to stop watching the dub because we started getting used to Allen sounding like death the kid...
    Don't get me wrong, the acting was good, but we just couldn't take it anymore. (Krory, on the other hand, was perfect!)
    The filler was annoying, but that's got nothing to do with funimation.

If funimation ever gets the rights to seasons 3 & 4, then I'd like to see the whole series redubbed. At the very least, i expect that funimation will try to get the new d.gray-man series and i hope they will cast new actors for the roles as they are doing in japan.