FUNimation relaunching the FUNimation Channel in 2016

• SOURCE FUNimation

Leading Anime Entertainment Company Ends Olympusat Partnership; New Channel to Launch in First Quarter 2016

FLOWER MOUND, Texas, Dec. 14, 2015 /PRNewswire/ – FUNimation announced today that it is ending its content and brand partnership with Olympusat on December 31, 2015, to distribute the FUNimation Channel. After that time, Olympusat will no longer be broadcasting FUNimation titles. FUNimation confirmed that it will be relaunching the FUNimation Channel in 2016 with a renewed focus on delivering fans the very best selection of anime content in the market. Further details on the relaunch of the all new FUNimation Channel will be announced soon.

FUNimation Entertainment logo
    "We're committed to making it easy to discover and connect with anime, and our new cable channel will provide the best in anime entertainment that fans have come to expect," said Mike DuBoise, COO of FUNimation. "We are grateful to all subscribers who have supported the FUNimation Channel over the last 10 years. While we finalize the new channel for launch next year, I encourage viewers to subscribe to our streaming service now at FUNimation.com so they don't miss a single episode of their favorite titles."

Source.

It look like I will not need to change by sig.

• …well that explains why me Comcast On Demand service nuked all FUnimation titles... at least we have stables.

• @jlaking:

Source.
    It look like I will not need to change by sig.

Do we know when in 2016? And will it be on CABLE this time!? As the FUNimation Channel was NEVER on Cable! It was on Filos and Salight ONLY… -_-

• From the answers I have gotten, FUNi is planning on relaunching the VOD service firs t and will see how that goes before relaunching the linear channel.

@gohan6425:

Do we know when in 2016? And will it be on CABLE this time!? As the FUNimation Channel was NEVER on Cable! It was on Filos and Salight ONLY…

The meaning of Cable Channel is a channel that you have to pay for.

Also, here is a full list of the companies that carry the (linear) FUNimation Channel (notice the word cable in some of companies' name, one that lacks knowledge):

AT&T U-Verse
    Frontier
    Groton Utilities
    SureWest
    Sjoberg Inc.
    Wavevision
    iFiber
    Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
    Choice Cable TV
    OptiLink

• @jlaking:

From the answers I have gotten, FUNi is planning on relaunching the VOD service firs t and will see how that goes before relaunching the linear channel.

The meaning of Cable Channel is a channel that you have to pay for.

Also, here is a full list of the companies that carry the (linear) FUNimation Channel (notice the word cable in some of companies' name, one that lack knownledge):

AT&T U-Verse
    Frontier
    Groton Utilities
    SureWest
    Sjoberg Inc.
    Wavevision
    iFiber
    Liberty Cablevision of Puerto Rico
    Choice Cable TV
    OptiLink

Version Fioes used to have it too… My Aunt used to have as she Version Fioes but that lost the contact rights to air it years ago... Anyway I have Time Wanger Cable so I don't have it.. is that Channel going to be on Time Wanger Cable?

• @jlaking:

From the answers I have gotten, FUNi is planning on relaunching the VOD service firs t and will see how that goes before relaunching the linear channel.

Will there be a "free" area. VOD at .99 per is costly, 2.99 for movie is ok. A reasonable flat subscription rate also ok.
    Subbed titles need work ie color of sub same as background; delay between scenes (I am a slow reader).
    hopeful for FUNimation Channel.

• It's almost 6 months in and the VOD service still haven't returned to Comcast/Xfinity. There should be 6 months of content if and when it returns

• @visoredavenger:

It's almost 6 months in and the VOD service still haven't returned to Comcast/Xfinity. There should be 6 months of content if and when it returns

Its not going to… it has been shut down permanently for Comcast. They replaced it with "TOKU", that was the whole idea. In either case, I am fine with that; that is what this site is for anyways.

• @thegrandalliance:

it has been shut down permanently for Comcast. They replaced it with "TOKU"

Comcast did not shut it down, Olympusat changed the FUNimation Channel over to TOKU after their programming contract with FUNimation ended and Olympusat still has a contract to provide content for Comcast's VOD service.

A name change does not mean something is shut down.

If we go by your very flawed Comcast shut down ABC Family since it changed its name to Freeform.

@thegrandalliance:

why are we still talking about it? :)

To correct you on your mistakes, dummy.

• @jlaking:

programming contract with FUNimation ended.

…so Comcast shut it down, you mean. Comcast provides ONDEMAND content generally from a third party distributer (learned this when I complained one time about History Channel IRT). So by the transitive property a=b b=c a=c

Comcast shut it down...

In either case, it sucks anyways; why are we still talking about it? :)

• i dont care about a funimation tv channel i have all acess pass i can watch whatever i want whenever i want also i dont have televison service tv rots ur brain except for anime and macgyver/goosebumps im not getting cable i only have a tv for netflix funimation and video games

• I still think they should have a channel. I miss watching it On Demand.

• I hope Time Warner Cable brings Funimation to their lineup. TWC does have Anime Network on Demand but only a few shows with select episodes. I need a real Anime channel with my subscription.