Sword Art Online question?????

• I am wondering if Sword Art Online was on the list of shows on the streaming service? If it was on it, why was it removed? If it was not on it can it be added? I want to catch up with the series and I would love to watch it on the streaming app. SAO is on NetFlix but it has 1 season in English Dub. Season 2 is in Japanese with English Subtitles on NetFlix.

I appreciate the assistance and thank you.

• We do not own the rights to Sword Art Online, so we are unable to add it to the app. ^_^

• It Crunchy Roll that Own the Rights to the Show but You could call Netflix tell them there have complet the Dub , and it time to put the Dub for the Americas .

• @Hanssen01:

I am wondering if Sword Art Online was on the list of shows on the streaming service? If it was on it, why was it removed? If it was not on it can it be added? I want to catch up with the series and I would love to watch it on the streaming app. SAO is on NetFlix but it has 1 season in English Dub. Season 2 is in Japanese with English Subtitles on NetFlix.

I appreciate the assistance and thank you.

Well if you had WATCH it on Toonami when it was airing SAO II on TV you could watch the English dub… SAO I is on there b/c the english dub of SAO II is out... Right now Toonami owns the TV rights to SAO II but are currently not showing it at the moment since the show is OVER... Aniplex own the right to the show for the English Dub... You can called up Netflix and request it but that mostly will not get it until SAO III English Dub is out on Toonami...

• @gohan6425:

Crunchy Roll own the right to the show for the English Dub…

You misspelled "Aniplex", there. ;P

• Right now Toonami owns the TV rights to SAO II but are currently not showing it at the moment since the show is OVER… Crunchy Roll own the right to the show for the English Dub... You can called up Netflix and request it but that mostly will not get it until SAO III English Dub is out on Toonami...

• Aniplex owns the rights to SAO. Toonami being allowed to show it doesn't mean they own it. As for SAO season 3, it's a movie that's coming out, not another season.

• @alstonamos:

Right now Toonami owns the TV rights to SAO II but are currently not showing it at the moment since the show is OVER… Crunchy Roll own the right to the show for the English Dub... You can called up Netflix and request it but that mostly will not get it until SAO III English Dub is out on Toonami...

Allow me to clarify some of this information.

Aniplex owns full series rights to SAO II, in terms of physical release and distribution.
    Crunchyroll/Hulu/Netflix are streaming that show subtitled.
    Adult Swim/Toonami have temporary exclusive streaming rights to the dub of SAOII. But in another couple of years those temporary streaming rights will expire and go back to Aniplex to allow the dub to be streamed elsewhere.

Perfect example of this: Blue Exorcist. Aired on Toonami back in 2014, and even on Netflix the dub itself was noticeably absent. That's because Toonami had temporary streaming rights to the dub for a few years after its run, and as of this week, the Blue Exorcist Dub was added to Netflix, Hulu and Crunchyroll.

That ought to clear up some confusion.

• @ForlornBeliever:

Aniplex owns the rights to SAO. Toonami being allowed to show it doesn't mean they own it. As for SAO season 3, it's a movie that's coming out, not another season.

Wrong… There is going movie yes... But there is going also be a season 3 too but the movie is coming 1st... Which is why Season 3 will be delate because of the movie...

• @gohan6425:

Wrong… There is going movie yes... But there is going also be a season 3 too but the movie is coming 1st... Which is why Season 3 will be delate because of the movie...

Do you have a link to prove this?

• @SpacemanHardy:

Do you have a link to prove this?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2668645/sword-art-online-season-3-release-date-2016-movie-video-sao-progressive-light-novels/ and http://www.inquisitr.com/2680951/sword-art-online-season-3-release-date-spoilers-sao-alicization-kirito-and-asuna-ending/ … :)

1st thing that is "Ever since then, not very much has been officially announced. It is known that Kawahara will be producing a brand new story for the SAO movie, so some fans speculate that the plot will take place some time between Mother"s Rosario and Alicization. The question is whether the Sword Art Online Season 3 release date will be pushed back as far as 2017 due to the movie, or if both projects will be completed in 2016. Either way, Kawahara is likely to be exhausted."

• that's a whole lot of speculation, but nothing solid. when a credible news source reports, then I'll believe that a third season is on the way

• @Getchman:

that's a whole lot of speculation, but nothing solid. when a credible news source reports, then I'll believe that a third season is on the way

Bro that is a credible source… That give KEY fact about what going to happen...

• it's your choice to believe that, but I saw nothing in that article confirming that a third season is on the way. until I see something on Crunchyroll, ANN, or TheFandomPost say something with an actual link from the Japanese source that provided the information, I am only going to expect a movie. im sure not going to trust what ever the hell the Inquisitr is

• I remember seeing something a while back where the head of A1 Pictures said as long as they had enough material to work with they would keep making Sword Art Online. So while not 100% confirmed I really wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to exist. I probably won't even bother checking it out until I hear its coming to Toonami.

• @Getchman:

it's your choice to believe that, but I saw nothing in that article confirming that a third season is on the way. until I see something on Crunchyroll, ANN, or TheFandomPost say something with an actual link from the Japanese source that provided the information, I am only going to expect a movie. im sure not going to trust what ever the hell the Inquisitr is

I never ones denied there was not going to movie… I even said the moives coming 1st... However Season 3 will be coming after words... We don't know when but it will happen... And this source proves it...