Where was Sabertooth during the Eclipse Spirit arc?

• I find it odd, that when Lucy and Yukino are going through this crisis, Lucy's guild is there for them, and do everything to help them out, while Yukino's guild doesn't do a dam thing. Makes Sabertooth look more like the old jerky Sabertooth and not the new friendly Sabertooth.

I get from the anime team's prospective of why, they just adapted "Welcome Home Frosh" and they knew they were going to adapt the 2nd light novel which heavily featured the twin dragon slayers, that including the twin dragon slayers and their exceed might be over exposure.

But I wish they could have found a way to explain it. Like Yukino kept that secret from them, and what I think would be very interesting and show what psychological damage she might have had from the hurt and humiliation suffered at the hands of Jiemma, she fears that now that she no longer have two of the golden keys under her control that Sabertooth would kick her out again. Though you still need to include them in the epilogue to show that she is wrong, the new Sting Sabertooth is nothing like the old Jiemma Sabertooh.

That being said and fear of over exposure not with standing, I still would include, at least the twin dragon slayers and their exceeds. How much better would this arc have been with Frosch. Frosch is always welcome with me.

• Maybe Yukino was so desperate to prove herself capable of standing on her own so snuck away and Sabertooth is just looking for her.

• @iamshodan:

Maybe Yukino was so desperate to prove herself capable of standing on her own so snuck away and Sabertooth is just looking for her.

That is what I am thinking to. She is still a rookie, and she did have the complex of thinking she is a burden to everyone going all the way back to her childhood , and continued to her first tenure in Sabertooth to all the stuff that happened with Eclipse. So it makes sense she doesn't have to burden the others to come to her rescue or even worse kick her out because she lost her connection to her two Zodiac spirits, which I think is the only reason Jiemma let her into the guild to begin with. Not that she truly believes Sting would that to her, but just what happened with Jiemma was such a terrible experience that she is scared it will happen, other words Jiemma scarred her a bit, just like he scarred Minerva, only not to that extent.

• I thought this was while she still wasn't part of a guild?

• @mariotag:

I thought this was while she still wasn't part of a guild?

Even though she was accepted back as soon as the games were over?

• Oh. I don't remember that.
    My mistake.

• @mariotag:

I thought this was while she still wasn't part of a guild?

No the "Welcome Home Frosch" episode happened before this arc. The dub does make it more clear when this takes place. In episode 206 when she first shows off her martial arts skills, she said learned some hand to hand combat skill in Sabertooth, in the Japanese version that is all she said, in the dub she says "after I rejoined Sabertooth". So the dub at least it is interrupting that way. BTW, Lucy should also try to learn some hand to hand combat skills after what happened in the Navel contest when she was freaking helpless after Minerva took her keys, it would be smart to be prepared in case something like that happens again, that is a Celestial Wizard great weakness, and Yukino is being pro active about it.

We never got to see Yukino rejoin Sabertooth, it was just mentioned in a cover page, when I heard about this arc, I was hoping maybe this arc would kind of be the story how Yukino decided to rejoin Sabertooth. At the very least I would liked to have seen that emotional moment when she walks into the Sabertooth guild hall and returns home. That would be nice to see that moment, though I think it is not that different from when Minerva rejoined Sabertooth, and if one of those returns had to be off screen, Yukino's return should be the one, I think it is much more important to Minerva's character her home coming than for Yukino.

• Makes sense… Yeah, I've been missing out on the dubs since set 11.

I had figured that a bunch of the stuff back then might have been out of chronological order.
    Dunno why I thought that though.