Olympusat's FUNimation Channel to re-brand as TOKU

• For customers in Washington, Oregon, Indiana and Connecticut, [the] Funimation [Channel] is changing its name to TOKU. TOKU will continue to deliver Asian anime shows, but will add more variety including highly-rated Asian movies in the Live Action, Grindhouse and Independent genres. Customers in FiOS locations in OR, IN and WA can find TOKU on Channel 252. FrontierTV customers in CT will find TOKU on Channel 1484.

Source from Frontier

• So does this mean you have to change your banner, JLA?

• Will Toku come to ATT U-Verse in other areas or still be FUNimation Channel in other areas? I live in Ohio!

• @HuntikFan1017:

Will Toku come to ATT U-Verse in other areas or still be FUNimation Channel in other areas? I live in Ohio!

There are ads airing on the FUNimation Channel about the TOKU rebranding, so yes it is coming to U-Verse.

• @jlaking:

There are ads airing on the FUNimation Channel about the TOKU rebranding, so yes it is coming to U-Verse.

Thanks Man! Can't wait until TOKU comes and FUNimation will do to that new rebranding! :)

• Hey SH, can you edit the title and add Olympusat`s the beginning?

Thanks in advance.

• I have 'lost' Funimation Channel. Toku is listed but only one title is dubbed. the three others are subbed.
    I am in Massachusetts a Comcast provider.
    Checking with Comcast (Xfinity) is no help.
    help

• @walter1063:

I have 'lost' Funimation Channel

It no longer exists.

• What I want to know is, is FUNimation in charge of TOKU, or is TOKU owned and run by a different company? After seeing the adds for TOKU and the upcoming programming, I can't say I'm real happy. We got FUNimation for the Anime, and the Anime only. There is a very good chance we are going to cancel the subscription after the change. I get people wanted some new Animes. I get that completely, but we're not going to see the rest of the one series we were watching that did not finish yet, Fairy Tail. Second, so far the new Animes that I have seen lined up for TOKU are not Animes we're interested in. Third, and most important, I'm not paying for a channel that's going to start showing a bunch of B movies out of Asia. I was already annoyed with the few live action movies that were shown on occasion before. Seeing that there are going to be more of them has me that much more annoyed. In my opinion, if FUNimation was in charge of this, it was a bad move. If not, I don't see this new company lasting long as it will go the way of so many other previous anime channels where they lightened on the anime, lost ratings, and went belly up. Once again, these are just my opinions as a paying subscriber to the channel. We're not keeping TOKU.

• @curlyanimemomma:

is FUNimation in charge of TOKU

No.
    The content for TOKU reportedly appears to be from Media Blasters' catalog.
    @curlyanimemomma:

is TOKU owned and run by a different company?

Same company (Olympusat), different content provider.
    @curlyanimemomma:

We're not keeping TOKU.

It doesn't sound like what you want, anyway.

• @TIL:

It no longer exists.

Still have Fun chanel stuck on 'Fairy Tail' 166 expected change but not yet.
    Toku listed but only one title is dubbed.
    Toku not looking good.

Funimation Channel still stuck on 'Fairy Tail' # 166
    Toku anime has three anime two are subbed and one dubbed, listed as toku free; the newest anime is from 2009.
    I only get Fun ah .. Toku anime as On Demand. I had hope's of newer anime (not holding my breath); hope this changes my ranking.

• @walter1063:

Still have Fun chanel stuck on 'Fairy Tail' 166 expected change but not yet.
    Toku listed but only one title is dubbed.
    Toku not looking good.

Funimation Channel still stuck on 'Fairy Tail' # 166
    Toku anime has three anime two are subbed and one dubbed, listed as toku free; the newest anime is from 2009.
    I only get Fun ah .. Toku anime as On Demand. I had hope's of newer anime (not holding my breath); hope this changes my ranking.

AAah yes I noticed all of this too… using Comcast Cable services (on demand as well).

Yea its all Media Blasters things... and not very good ones at that. So sad to see Funimation go byby.

Good thing I finally came around and subbed up here... would be hopelessly lost otherwise.

• I was totally disappointed to find that FUNimation Channel was gone and lame TOKU is the only thing there. FUNimation Channel On Demand could have at least put up the rest of Fairy Tail series 1 and Railgun S before leaving

• I wish I had Toku AND Funimation Channel. Just Toku is garbage, only thing worth watching is Jubei-chan.

• @visoredavenger:

I was totally disappointed to find that FUNimation Channel was gone and lame TOKU is the only thing there. FUNimation Channel On Demand could have at least put up the rest of Fairy Tail series 1 and Railgun S before leaving

Seriously.

• @ForlornBeliever:

Seriously.

Well if you've got a laptop and tv with hdmi ports or whatever just get a decent anime website and hdmi cord and stream everything through your TV. Its free and there are no commercials lol.

• @KrewlForever:

Well if you've got a laptop and tv with hdmi ports or whatever just get a decent anime website and hdmi cord and stream everything through your TV. Its free and there are no commercials lol.

I watch mostly through my xbox now anyway, but the point was I could watch some of Funimation's stuff through OnDemand when I couldn't get on or didn't feel like loading it up. Plus now all of Funimation's stuff is gone and what is on there isn't free to watch nor sound interesting enough to look for online.