Winter 2016 Simulcast Prediction Thread

• Alright time to start up another thread for Winter Simulcast predictions and speculations. This is a thread for speculating and updating everything and anything that has or will be confirmed to stream in the upcoming Winter 2016 season. Alright so same deal as it typically is. Time to speculate and predict who may get what shows.

Aniplex USA
    Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
    God Eater (Episodes 10-13)
    The Town Where Only I Am Missing

Typically it's a lot easier to predict Aniplex USA titles but this time around the only clear guarantee seems to be the final cour of Durarara. And there's like three or four A-1 Pictures titles this season but most of them seem to either be produced by TOHO or Kadokawa without necessarily being produced by Aniplex. The only one I can actually speculate being picked up by Aniplex USA is The Town Where Only I Am Missing, only on the grounds that every single show that Tomohiko Ito has directed has eventually been an Aniplex USA title. Aside from that, that's really all I got this time around for them.

Also not sure the last 4 God Eater episodes count but they may as well.

Crunchyroll
    Mr. Osomatsu
    Plaster Boys
    Sushi Police
    Uncle & Marshmallow

Osomatsu is a two cour title from Fall that's streaming on Crunchyroll. Everything else there is an anime short that I don't see anyone doing anything with aside from Crunchyroll streaming it on their site.

Daisuki / Sunrise
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans

Gundam repeating into a 2nd cour. Nothing else to really add.

Funimation
    Active Raid
    Assassination Classroom Season 2
    Bubuki Buranki
    Dimension W
    Divine Gate
    Fairy Tail ZERO
    Four Rhythms Across The Blue
    GARO: Crimson Moon
    Give Blessings to This Wonderful World!
    Heavy Object
    Norn9: Norn+Nonet
    Rainbow Days
    Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage
    Shouwa Genroku Era Comic Storytelling
    Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2
    Undefeated Bahmaut Chronicle

Ass Class 2 and Dimension W have already been formally announced. GARO and Heavy Object continue on into the next year, and I'm pretty sure that both Snow White with the Red Hair & Fairy Tail ZERO are all but confirmed. Active Raid & Divine Gate are pretty cool looking action shows. Blessings to the Wonderful World, Reikenzan, Four Rhythms and Bahmaut Chronicle are all Romance/Fantasy/Harem animes that seem up Funimation's ally, and Norn9 alongside Rainbow Days would work as more diverse Shoujo/Manservice type shows that they've been more willing to pick up lately.

Netflix
    Ajin

Netflix confirmed Ajin a little bit ago.

Sentai Filmworks
    Dagashi Kashi
    GATE Season 2
    Grimgar of Fantasy & Ash
    Haikyu!!
    HaruChika: Haruto to Chika
    Luck & Logic
    Myriad Colors Phantom World
    Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
    Phantasy Star Online 2 The Animation
    Please tell me! GALKO-chan
    Prince of Stride: Alternative
    Schwarzesmarken
    The girls who aim for the wildlands
    Utawarerumono The False Faces

GATE, Haikyu, and Utawarerumono are all continuing into Winter. HaruChika and Myriad Colors strike me as things that Sentai would definitely want to pick up from PA Works and KyoAni (also ATM it seems both aren't produced by Pony Canyon so Sentai is most likely). Schwarzesmarken is a Muv-Luv spinoff and they already have Muv-Luv anime. Dagashi Kashi, Galko-chan, and Girls who aim for Wildlands all meet the School/Romance/Comedy picks. Grimgar, Nurse Witch Komugi R, Luck & Logic and the PSO2 Animation all work for Action/Fantasy type picks while Prince of Stride is a Sports title.

This is all dumb and blind speculation but it's always interesting to see which of the picks I initially make turn out to actually be right. So yeah, feel free to make your thoughts and speculations on who might get what clear in the thread. Discuss and I'll continue to keep you posted on any Simulcast announcements in the coming weeks.

https://www.livechart.me/winter-2016/tv
    http://anichart.net/winter

• Winter's honestly looking a little barren for me. Ajin's not getting a simulcast, since it's Netflix, so that's basically a spring show for me unless Netflix is going to pleasantly surprise. Durarara, Snow White, and… that's it? Boku dake ga Inai Machi sounds like it might be worth at least checking out an episode or two.

• Here's the Winter 2016 Neregate Chart for comparison: (Ver. 1.0)

http://static.neregate.com/2015/10/neregate.com-Winter-2015-2016-Anime-Chart-v1.jpg

• Nothing for this upcoming season really clicks for me other than the last part of Durarara!!x2 and the continuations of Heavy Object and Iron-Blooded Orphans.

• I REALLY hope FUNimation picks up Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, though it seems like more of a Crunchyroll thing.

I'm also interested in Hai to Gensou no Grimgar, but it seems like it could be of so-so quality.

Durarara!! x2 Ketsu, Ajin, and Assassination Classroom 2 are things I'll all watch at a later date.

• Lots of airdates coming out now it seems for Winter now.

At the moment there's not a lot in terms of new shows that really have me interested. Assassination Classroom was fun and Snow White with the Red Hair was a fantastic and gorgeous romance so of course I'll stick with those alongside the final installment of Durarara!!x2 as well. Course I'll also stick with IBO too. I've heard good things about the Dagashi Kashi manga so I may keep an open mind and check that one out. Everything else I think I'll just wait and see to hear what the consensus is and what seems worth the time.

UPDATE: OH RIGHT AS I UPDATED THIS, ANIPLEX USA MAKES THEIR FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1227993093881300

Seems The Town Where Only I Am Missing/ Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi lit is going by the English Title ERASED. All I can say is I'm actually glad I got one prediction right.

Also seems it's time to start keeping tabs on my OFFICIAL LIST instead of just likely predictions list.

Aniplex USA
    Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
    ERASED

Crunchyroll
    Mr. Osomatsu

Daisuki / Sunrise

Funimation
    Dimension W
    Fairy Tail ZERO
    Heavy Object

Netflix
    Ajin

Sentai Filmworks
    GATE Season 2
    Haikyu!!

• Oooh, I didn't notice this before but there's a new season of Yami Shibai. I'll be looking forward to that one too. I expect that will be Crunchyroll like the previous seasons.

ERASED as the translation for Boku dake ga Inai Machi, that works, much shorter and easier to remember that's for sure.

• FUNimation:
    Active Raid
    Assassination Classroom 2
    Bungou Stray Dogs
    Dimension W
    Divine Gate
    Fairy Tail (2014)
    Fairy Tail Zero (If not a part of the main series)
    GARO -Crimson Moon-
    Heavy Object
    Myriad Colors Phantom World
    One Piece
    Reikenzan
    Sekkou Boys
    Shojo-tachi wa Koya o Mezasu
    Snow White with the Red Hair 2

Sentai Filmworks:
    Dangashi Kashi
    GATE
    Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
    Haikyu!! Season 2
    Norn9 Norn + Nornette
    Nurse Witch Komugi-san R
    Phantasy Star Online 2: The Animation
    Schwarzesmarken
    This Boy Knows Magic
    Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
    Utwarerumono: The False Faces

Aniplex of America:
    DuRaRaRa!!x2 Ketsu
    Erased (Boku dake ga Inai Machi)

Viz Media:
    Buburi Buranki
    Luck and Logic

Netflix:
    Ajin -Demi Human-

• Predictions for Funimation. 15 total, in order from most confident to least

One Piece
    Fairy Tail
    Heavy Object
    Garo: Crimson Moon
    Assassination Classroom 2
    Dimension W
    Snow White with the Red Hair 2
    Divine Gate
    Active Raid
    Schwarzesmarken
    Kono Danshi
    Kono Subarashii
    Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle
    Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu

Not many easily-identifiable go-to studios this season. There's also a surprising number of shows intended for a woman demographic, which makes things difficult to judge. Hardly any comedies or harems, either. Not gonna be a very great season for me, I don't think!

• Not sure when this is coming, but here's an announcement for the future: Crunchyroll will be exclusively streaming Trigger's newest anime project, Kiznaiver.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/12/18/crunchyroll-to-exclusively-stream-studio-triggers-kiznaiver-anime

• Got about two weeks now before we officially kick off the start to Winter. Definitely a lot of good sequels and some potentially interesting original stuff among the mix too. I imagine that after Christmas and New Years' wrap up we'll start getting flooded with simulcast and license announcements.

Also, Roots, just a heads up. Bungou Stray Dogs comes out in the Spring, not this season. Just letting you know.

• I'm not gonna try to make predictions for everything, but I will go out on a limb and predict that the next DubbleTalk block will consist of Assassination Classroom 2, Dimension W, and either Active Raid or Fairy Tail ZERO, depending on the latter's length.

• @SpacemanHardy:

I'm not gonna try to make predictions for everything, but I will go out on a limb and predict that the next DubbleTalk block will consist of Assassination Classroom 2, Dimension W, and either Active Raid or Fairy Tail ZERO, depending on the latter's length.

Speaking of dubs and Dimension W, it be pretty cool if they did the thing like they did with Space Dandy and air the dub before the sub since they're part of the production committee. Although, they would've announced it a while ago if they did so I doubt it.

• @bxb-taku:

Speaking of dubs and Dimension W, it be pretty cool if they did the thing like they did with Space Dandy and air the dub before the sub since they're part of the production committee. Although, they would've announced it a while ago if they did so I doubt it.

Some people were actually predicting that would happen, and that it would be Michiko & Hatchin's replacement on Toonami. Obviously, that didn't come to pass, but I'm sure they'll put it on DubbleTalk instead.

Speaking of new broadcast dubs, FUNi just announced today that they'll be simulcasting season 2 of Snow White with the Red Hair, and they'll be giving the entire series a dub starting with season 1. Apparently they learned their lesson after all the complaints regarding Tokyo Ghoul Root A and the second half of Yona of the Dawn.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/

• Alright haven't checked social media for about 45 minutes longer than I usually do.

And then I come to see THIS! and nearly shit myself at just how much information I just had to consume in one sitting all of a sudden.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/12/21/winter-2016-announcements

Let's all try and process this together now shall we? Because HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP this is a giant smorgasbord of announcements all at f***ing once that it's actually even a little hard to swallow right now.

Dimension W = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Pandora in the Crimson Shell Ghost Urn = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Divine Gate = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Assassination Classroom Season 2 = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Snow White with the Red Hair Season 2 = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Durarara!!x2 Ketsu (WHERE DID THIS ONE COME FROM?!?!?!?!??!?!?) = Simulcast
    Prince of Stride: Alternative = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Fairy Tail ZERO = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Dagashi Kashi = Simulcast & Broadcast Dub
    Luck & Logic = Simulcast
    ERASED = Simulcast
    Haruchika = Simulcast

Okay so….Assassination Classroom and Snow White were already confirmed and now we also know they are...continuing their Broadcast Dubs. Dimension W was already announced but now we know it's also a Broadcast Dub too. Alongside those known announcements, we've also confirmed Fairy Tail ZERO, while that IS a continuation of the Fairy Tail broadcast, that is ACTUALLY ALSO getting a Broadcast Dub too.

Those aside, we've also got Grimgar, Pandora, Divine Gate, Prince of Stride, Dagashi Kashi ALL announced with Broadcast Dubs alongside Luck & Logic and Haruchika. So that makes SEVEN new shows alongside the four semi-confirmed ones from before. That also gives a total of 9 Broadcast Dubs, plus the already continuing Broadcast Dub of Heavy Object. NOT ONLY THAT, but both ERASED and the LAST SEASON OF DURARARAx2 ARE ALSO STREAMING ON FUNIMATION ALONGSIDE THOSE, EVEN THOSE THEY'RE ANIPLEX USA SHOWS!

So.........point being.........holy shit that's a lot of f***ing information to sink my teeth into god damn. Also SOMEWHAT annoyed that we're back to 10 Broadcast Dubs again, but at the very least it seems a few of them this time around are probably returning crews and staffers from before. Assassination Classroom, Heavy Object, and even Fairy Tail ZERO and Snow White with the Red Hair all are most likely returning crews coming together. And then there's 6 new Broadcast Dubs on top of that.

So yeah. Holy shit. This is gonna be interesting.

EDIT: F-bomb? That's a paddlin'. -SH

• Yeeeeeeeeah…. THAT'S A LOTTA STUFF.

I sure hope FUNimation knows what they're doing and aren't biting off more than they can chew. Otherwise, yeah, they pretty much dropped the mic on this season. :hmm:

• @classyspartan:

Durarara!!x2 Ketsu (WHERE DID THIS ONE COME FROM?!?!?!?!??!?!?) = Simulcast

Another byproduct of AoA expanding their streaming options, same as The Asterisk War. Good on them, I say

Good broadcast dub choices, but I'm wary of Fairy Tail. Hopefully it'll still retain its quality on a weekly basis. The season 1 catch-up on Snow White is really nice, too

• @classyspartan:

Got about two weeks now before we officially kick off the start to Winter. Definitely a lot of good sequels and some potentially interesting original stuff among the mix too. I imagine that after Christmas and New Years' wrap up we'll start getting flooded with simulcast and license announcements.

I posted that yesterday. That's hilarious. Anyways time to update my list:

Aniplex USA
    Durarara!!x2 Ketsu
    ERASED

Crunchyroll
    Mr. Osomatsu

Daisuki / Sunrise

Funimation
    Dagashi Kashi
    Dimension W
    Divine Gate
    Fairy Tail ZERO
    HaruChika
    Heavy Object
    Luck & Logic
    One Piece
    Pandora in the Crimson Shell: Ghost Urn

Netflix
    Ajin

Sentai Filmworks
    GATE Season 2
    Haikyu!!

• It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of these turn out to be shared licenses with Crunchyroll. For certain the AoA titles, at least.

Yona of the Dawn proved that just because FUNi is dubbing something doesn't mean that Crunchy can't also stream the subbed version as well.

I just find it funny that they didn't get the action-oriented buddy cop drama (Active Raid), the obvious fujo bait (Norn9), or the light-novel schlock (Undefeated Bahamut) like they usually do.

• The blog post for Snow White indicated that it wouldn't be on Dubbletalk, so the four most likely shows to represent it are Assassination Classroom, Dimension W, Grimgar, and Divine Gate. I'll have to guess the first three if I'm betting on which ones will be on Dubbletalk

• ^ Watch them pull a complete 180 on us and put something like Prince of Stride on DubbleTalk. ^_^