Hey yall, i figured i'd introducemyself

• Hi, my name is Jack. I am a huge otaku. I don't watch or read anywhere near as much stuff as I used to, because of my current school.
    I'm 25 years old, and I live in Birmingham, Alabama.

I was a Molecular Biology Major in Undergrad and I'm currently a 2nd year Pharmacy School student. I am dual enrolled working on my Doctor of Pharmacy and Masters of Public Health (PharmD/MPH). I have 1 and a half years left of Didactic Courses. After my didactic courses are over I have a year of Clinical Rotations, as well as my Public Health Capstone (basically a thesis), and a longitudinal Internship that have to be done to finish my two degrees. I have been a Pharmacy Intern at Walgreen's pharmacy since i started pharmacy school, and prior to hat I was a Pharmacy Technician for 2 and a half years.
    I love anime and manga, but my education and career are slightly more important (just slightly), so I've cut back my Otaku side a decent amount. Luckily there are a few people in my class that are anime fans as well, so we can study together and switch from talking about the newest chapter of One piece and talking about the different classifications of and pharmacotherapy options of heart failure.

From the looks of it however, i'll be able to do a 5 weeks rotation in Japan in my 4th year. So i'm aiming and hoping to do that.
    ________________________________________________________-
    I'm generally a Shonen fan, with one piece and Hajime no ippo being 2 of my favorite series of all time. I do dive into other genres as well though. Tied with OP and Ippo for my #1 favorite of all time is Chihayafuru and Your lie in April.
    In general I will give anything a try, and probably enjoy it.

Besides Medicine and Otaku-culture, I watch a decent amount of Youtube. My favorite channels are Totalbiscuit, vlogbrothers, vsauce, the completionist, and several others.

I was a huge gamer in the past, but I quit playing video games in september of 2011, when I started taking Organic Chemistry 1, and i just havn't had time to get back into them since. Before I quit, i was a a Big WoW player. I think at one point we were a top 100 U.S. guild and top 250 world guild throughout Wrath and Cataclysm. I was also a fairly high ranked rogue for a while on some world boards for PVE.
    My dad, my brother, and I all started gaming together in about 1999, after joining a Rainbow Six 3 Raven shield clan that was local here in Birmingham. My dad still plays WoW and a few FPS's.

I read a little Heroic Fantasy and Sci-fi when i get the chance, but just like gaming and anime, not much these days.
    The Dresden files by Jim butcher is probably my favorite series, followed by the Sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind.

But anyways, that's me…

Nice to meet yall

• Welcome to the forums, Jack. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

• Welcome to the forums; hope that you post a lot around here.

If you are interested, don't forget to check out the link in my sig about requesting the FUNimation Channel.

• welcome to the forums