FUNimation Blu-ray Releases Speculation Thread

• I've tried looking it up, and I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a speculation thread about, well, anything, on this site.

So, I've decided to start a little thread for posting your thoughts/predictions for upcoming FUNimation releases. Of course, one particular anime sparked my interest to create this thread: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled.

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Speculation

Recently, Manga UK listed on Amazon UK a release date for a subbed and dubbed DVD release of the Code Geass "Akito the Exiled" OVAs.

The date, which is March 21, 2016, seems a bit too out of place and specific to be a placeholder date. I could be wrong, but does this foreshadow FUNi's upcoming release?

• Bet Date A Live II comes out soon since they're premiering the dubs at Anime Matsuri

• @zkilborn:

Bet Date A Live II comes out soon since they're premiering the dubs at Anime Matsuri

I've been waiting many a year for this!

• @tdog1776:

I've been waiting many a year for this!

Same here. A lot of the ones I've been waiting on have been slow to come out.

• @bossman12340:

I've tried looking it up, and I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a speculation thread about, well, anything, on this site.

So, I've decided to start a little thread for posting your thoughts/predictions for upcoming FUNimation releases. Of course, one particular anime sparked my interest to create this thread: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled.

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Speculation

Recently, Manga UK listed on Amazon UK a release date for a subbed and dubbed DVD release of the Code Geass "Akito the Exiled" OVAs.

The date, which is March 21, 2016, seems a bit too out of place and specific to be a placeholder date. I could be wrong, but does this foreshadow FUNi's upcoming release?

WAIT FUNimation FAINLLY DUBBING Code Geass: Akito the Exiled!? I Hope if this is true we get the old voice actor's from the Code Geass English Dub… That cast F'IN EPIC... I know Johnny Yong Bosch ( Lelouch Lamperouge / vi Britannia / Zero) is on good term with Funimation so I know he be back... But I don't know about the 3 other main character of Code Geass will be able to come back Kate Higgins (C.C.), Yuri Lowenthal (Suzaku Kururugi) Who get ALOT air time in Code Geass: Akito the Exiled , and Karen Strassman (Kallen Stadtfeld / Kozuki)... I don't know if the 3 voice actor worked or have worked for FUNimation and or on good term with then? But we REALLY NEED THEN BACK! Or it will look dumb without then if that keep the old dub of the 2 season of Code Geass since Code Geass: Akito the Exiled take place after season 1 and before season 2...

• I'd expect Funimation get the same voice actors within reason for Code Geass: Akito the Exiled. They have a history of doing that. They only didn't do that for a couple of series, but did go and redub the whole series.

I don't think they would do redub the series or get different voice actors if it can be avoided as it doesn't make sense and they don't also want to risk alienating potential sales either. The other exception was the voice of "Alphonse Elric" for obvious reasons. I'd expect some delays in regards to having content since the Fifth installment is due to be aired in Japan in February of next year.

I could only guess that is the reason why they are holding up the re-release of the Code Geass they acquired as well.

• @ShadowFalls:

I'd expect Funimation get the same voice actors within reason for Code Geass: Akito the Exiled. They have a history of doing that. They only didn't do that for a couple of series, but did go and redub the whole series.

I don't think they would do redub the series or get different voice actors if it can be avoided as it doesn't make sense and they don't also want to risk alienating potential sales either. The other exception was the voice of "Alphonse Elric" for obvious reasons. I'd expect some delays in regards to having content since the Fifth installment is due to be aired in Japan in February of next year.

I could only guess that is the reason why they are holding up the re-release of the Code Geass they acquired as well.

I only care about the 4 main characters Johnny Yong Bosch (Lelouch Lamperouge / vi Britannia / Zero), Kate Higgins (C.C.), Yuri Lowenthal (Suzaku Kururugi) Who get ALOT air time in Code Geass: Akito the Exiled , and Karen Strassman (Kallen Stadtfeld / Kozuki) b/c are I think all the new characters in Code Geass: Akito the Exiled are new and where not in R1 and R2 as it take place in the EU… I don't redub it too good for it to be redub and it a waste of money on there end to redub it anyways if the dub was bad like one piece 4kids dub (even though the voice actor 4kids voice actor where better then the currents voice actor for one piece) It still dumb on there put code geass was a well done dub with great voice actor... I think Charles zi Britannia is also in the Code Geass: Akito the Exiled but keep in mind I NOT watch the sub version so I could be wrong waiting for the dub version... But all the EU Characters are new and where not in R1 or R2 though though voice actor will mostly be people funimation picks...

• A quick note. Kallen isn't in this series, so we wouldn't necessarily have to worry about getting her back. Lelouch, Suzaku, and C.C. don't have as much dialogue as other characters. Now granted, we haven't seen part 5 just yet, but I'm willing to bet that those 3 characters could be done recording in a day.
    That aside, I can't wait until this is (hopefully) dubbed. Code Geass is my favorite anime. As soon as I catch wind of the series and/or Akito in the pre-order section, I'm ordering it right then and there.

• Lelouch and Suzaku have some pretty intense stuff in part 3… the thought of getting to hear JYB in that episode is just... it will be the greatest thing ever. It simply will.

Shin and Ashley have to be perfect, though.

Thinking about how part 5 is coming out in Japan this weekend is making me think of being in high school, when Adult Swim was still showing season 1 when season 2 ended, and all the spoiler anxiety. I wonder if I can maintain my internet blackout until the Japanese bluray comes out...