Query: Why is GARO the Animation so underrated?

• I seek an answer why the Funimation fanboys hate on GARO? I am not asking the Moderators, but the other members to answer this question. Is it because of the Monster of the Week format? The monsters are made from a person's darkness, and have to be sealed, not killed (yes, that is a thing). What is it that makes this series so unpopular and boring compared to series like 'Attack on Titan' or 'Dragonball Z'?

COULD I PLEASE GET AN EXPLANATION AS TO THE LOGIC OF THE FANBOYS FOR HATING ON WHAT IS ACTUALLY A GOOD SERIES? THIS IS IMPORTANT!

• Hmm? I haven't really seen anyone on these forums hating on Garo. Now, I have seen some complaints on other forums regarding Crimson Moon, but for the most part the first season is very well-regarded.

• yeah, i too am confused as to where you see any hate here and whom these "funimation Fanboys" are

• It's how some people see it as, and I am quoting an anime fanboy who I know personally wh has watched 'Attack on Titan'- 'It's boring'. Why do people see this show as boring? It's different is all I see, so much so that most people can't seem to understand the plot at all. It's about people fighting the powers of darkness that corrupt a person's heart. That is what a Yin-self Horror is.

Trust me, I like the series because I like anything unique. GARO fits the description, but also follow known tropes for the usual type of series it is…an anime based on a Tokusatsu franchise done by monster creator Keita Amemiya. If it's confusing, there is not only a wiki, but several live-action shows, and several movies to help you get through it.

Sorry for my anger...just wish this series was given a better rep. And Crimson Moon uses a lot of Japanese Lore for its time. No, seriously...Kaguya was part of the lore (Big history and mythology buff- add that to my list of strengths).

• @exiakaiser:

COULD I PLEASE GET AN EXPLANATION AS TO THE LOGIC OF THE FANBOYS FOR HATING ON WHAT IS ACTUALLY A GOOD SERIES? THIS IS IMPORTANT!

Asking for logic regarding opinions:

laughingdragons.jpg :skull:

• Well, excuse me for looking for a reason as to why this series is considered Boring. I happen to like the work of Keita Amemiya (The series's original creator, and the creator of one of the most fearsome alien killers in existence this side of Frieza- Zeiram, a monster that uses blood to grow bodies, and create clones. Imagine what would happen if this guy got some of Goku's blood and you will understand why I like Keita Amemiya).

• @exiakaiser:

• -_-'. Sorry, that is not helpful. But I see the point. I was just trying to make a point. I am not a follower of 'Popular' series.

I get confused when a show like 'Attack on Titan' places more subplots in the story but go nowhere with it. I get upset when a show I like is considered 'bland and boring' to others. If a Genre I happen to like is bashed because a series out there is better then the rest, I will try to defend my favorites because that is just my reasoning. I just want to understand why my point of view is disrespected, but a show that uses a 'mass-produced character personality', as I like to call it, is respected and lauded as 'The greatest series of all time'.

• well, best of luck in asking every single person who has a different opinion than you why they don't like the show you like.

• Not really caring at this point. Got so many series I am finally getting around to finishing. One of them is one Funimation picked up based on a Top Cow comic series (Never been a fan of top cow- too dark a universe). The second is from before ADV went belly-up (What can I say- I like Zone of the Enders).

• It's not important anymore?

• Nope. I still like the show. It's just that I have a large list of anime titles I have yet to complete I have been working to whittle down. This includes 3 Gundam series, 5 Funimation shows (2 of which are now off the list), 7 ADV series at least, 17 movies, and a ton of shows not likely to be released in the US at this point in time.

Plus, GARO is a good series, but the original fits in its own unique genre- Midnight Horror Tokusatsu.

• Liked the series but hated the last episode.

! Give him back the golden armor! His bro stabbed him in the back!

EDIT: Please use spoiler tags when posting sensitive info and plot points. -SH

• ^ Spoiler much

• You are watching the Dub? Because the plot is well over 2 years old now.