Toei Animation cutting ties with Funimation? WTF?

• I made this video because of the fact they the where stated:

Soruce: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/

Toonami (Asia) is currently available in markets including Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Pakistan, Maldives, and India. It is not yet clear which company will be producing the English dub slated to be broadcast, but in all likelihood it will be an English dub exclusive to these regions as has been done with previous series and films. We have reached out to Toonami (Asia) and FUNimation for clarification on the matter.

UPDATE: A representative for FUNimation has confirmed to us that the company is not involved with the English dub set to premiere on Toonami (Asia), stating:

"FUNimation has no connection with the Toonami Asia Announcement or the premiere of its English language version of Dragon Ball Super in mid-2016."

"It is still not yet known which company will be producing the English dub."

Are we reading too much into it or is there more to this?

• This is no big deal. There have been several series before this that received English dubs for the Asian market that were completely unconnected to the North American licensor. Fairy Tail is one of them, for instance. Just look up the infamous Animax Fairy Tail dub and you'll see what I mean.

It certainly isn't a sign that Toei is cutting ties with FUNimation or anything.

• @SpacemanHardy:

This is no big deal. There have been several series before this that received English dubs for the Asian market that were completely unconnected to the North American licensor. Fairy Tail is one of them, for instance. Just look up the infamous Animax Fairy Tail dub and you'll see what I mean.

It certainly isn't a sign that Toei is cutting ties with FUNimation or anything.

That good to know but at the same time that also mean we maybe WAITING longer for the are english dub then…?

• @gohan6425:

Are we reading too much into it or is there more to this?

You're reading too much into it.

Companies in Asia have long produced English dubs for that region separate from US companies. Animax, for example, has produced a large number of English dubs, not all of which have (legally) surfaced on this side of the world.

On another matter, regarding your signature, have you not noticed the " " code you inserted is simply displaying as text?

• @TheAncientOne:

You're reading too much into it.

Companies in Asia have long produced English dubs for that region separate from US companies. Animax, for example, has produced a large number of English dubs, not all of which have (legally) surfaced on this side of the world.

On another matter, regarding your signature, have you not noticed the "" code you inserted is simply displaying as text?

Ok good I hope we get a english dub soon.. :)… I try changed the text but even time it keep going back to that for some reason...

• @TheAncientOne:

On another matter, regarding your signature, have you not noticed the "" code you inserted is simply displaying as text?

That's not the most pressing issue… the most pressing issue is that they are using size 72pt font, and that needs to change.

each letter needs to be at least the size of a small child to be appropriately legible.