Subtitles in Spanish.

• I've noticed recently that some of Aniplex of America's more popular releases have been including not only English, but Spanish subtitles as well. While I don't speak Spanish myself, I think this is a potentially good idea for other anime companies to follow, so as to help expand their reach into the Spanish-speaking community. I don't suggest doing this every title, but some of the more popular ones such as Dragon Ball, One Piece, Fairy Tail, etc. could benefit greatly by being translated for Spanish audiences. And considering FUNimation is based in Texas, where a sizable portion of the community is made up of Spanish-speaking individuals, it shouldn't be hard to find some translators who'd be willing to take on the job.

Anyways, just something to think about. Maybe for the really popular shows, you might even consider doing Spanish dubs. I know that Brina Palencia and Monica Rial could even voice their own characters in both languages. ~_^

• I'm deaf (hard of hearing with Hearing Aids).. I support your idea, but also include English Subtitled with English Language. I don't mind Closed Captured as well.

Blu-Ray Disc have been abandon the English Subtitled with English language, it only included with Japanese Language.. It should work with English Language. Also try to add many other Languages subtitles as well not just English.

• Other foreign language subtitles will be available as we expand the streaming service into other countries. Including them on physical releases would require us to have distribution rights for non English-speaking territories.

Closed captions are already available on some of our streaming shows. More are being added.

One of the reasons why the physical releases stopped including "dubtitles" (English transliteration of the English dub) was because people frequently thought they were the only subtitle track and accused us of not including a translation subtitle track or of not translating properly. Some people also had language presets that would choose the dubtitle track instead of the English translation subtitled track when the audio was set to Japanese.

I do think that we should include actual closed captions and not dubtitles on the physical releases to help those that would like them and to avoid confusion between tracks. I'll send the suggestion along.

• @Sophie:

Other foreign language subtitles will be available as we expand the streaming service into other countries. Including them on physical releases would require us to have distribution rights for non English-speaking territories.

That's all well and good, but think about all of the foreign language-speaking individuals who live right here in the US of A. Will they too have access to the same subtitle tracks as the other countries?