Browsed the shop

• Noticed that there isn't any mention to them being blu-rays. Intentional or not? I liked the show but if I can't have them as blu-ray I don't want to own it out of personal preference.

• I'm sure it's intentional.

• Yeah, it's intentional. The show is being released DVD-only.

• You can probably thank Kadokawa for that. Out of reverse-import fears, they often set very strict "holdback" periods for their blurays. FUNimation probably decided they wanted the show out as soon as possible, and decided on a DVD-only release for the time being. If there's enough demand, it's very possible that they'll go back and release a bluray version at a later date, such as they did with Future Diary, Deadman Wonderland, and Is This a Zombie.

• @SpacemanHardy:

You can probably thank Kadokawa for that. Out of reverse-import fears, they often set very strict "holdback" periods for their blurays. FUNimation probably decided they wanted the show out as soon as possible, and decided on a DVD-only release for the time being. If there's enough demand, it's very possible that they'll go back and release a bluray version at a later date, such as they did with Future Diary, Deadman Wonderland, and Is This a Zombie.

Comforting. But with those 3 examples you listed, how long did it take for there to be a blu-ray release?

• at least a year

• Well it also depends on how it does as well, iirc Red Data Girl was released as a DVD only release. Depending on sales they may or may not decide to release a combo pack at a later date.