Credits and episode titles on DVDs and Blu rays

• I haven't bought anime dvds in years (just getting back into anime) so it's possible this has changed, but in the past funi would always translate the credits and episode titles. Being a sub fan (for the most part), I dislike this. It's one reason I pretty much stopped buying from funi in the past. It may sound like a minor thing, but when a completely unedited version is available online, why pay for an inferior version?

Could you possibly in the future leave them in Japanese like sentai and others, or use alternate angles/seemless branching like you used to? This would probably affect my purchasing decisions.

• So what, no one's interested in this? Plenty of other DVD-related questions got answered…

• Whoops, I thought I had posted on this, but I guess not.

At least in all their recent releases this year that I've purchased, the credits and whatnot were translated. However, I actually prefer them translated as it's nice to be able to actually read the names and such. I don't think it detracts in any way, especially when the fonts match pretty much exactly. I'd have to dig through some of my discs, but I think they include the original in the extras.

• I guess it's a personal preference thing, but I'd definitely prefer the originals intact. The English credits could be an extra, like Viz does with Naruto. Seeing a bunch of English text in something I'm watching in Japanese just kind of takes me out of the experience. And even if I'm watching it in English, I don't mind seeing the original instead.

• As Axis said I like being able to read the credits when they go by, I don't really understand why you would want the original text when they have to give credit to everyone who worked on it, and I guess it taking you out of the experience is possible, but it makes it seem like your pretending you're watching the original Japanese version and not the version brought over by Funi, I myself don't like that Viz doesn't translate the credits, if its going to be there I want to read it. (One last thing that's unrelated, as you can see this is my first post and I've been a member since 2013, weird isn't it)

• @ZeroXLink:

(One last thing that's unrelated, as you can see this is my first post and I've been a member since 2013, weird isn't it)

Your account may actually be older. September 2013 was when everyone was imported from the old site.

• Yeah, I really don't remember when I made my account, though that was my first post on either of the sites.