Funimation shop will take your money and leave you high and dry.

• I placed an order for DBZ season 1 box set and they took my money instantaneously with no hesitation. A week had passed an I had not received any order confirmation. I am patient so I waited… another 10 days. It's been 3 more days and 3 tickets later and still no word from their shop. Looks like my son will not receive the most important gift of his life on his birthday and all thanks to Funimation Shop. I should have just ordered it on Ebay in the first place. Shame on you Funimation. You should be working, instead of watching.

• If you see my thread about "shipping delays" a few other people including myself explain how we've been waiting months for our orders to ship as well. FUNimation entered into a new partnership with Universal, and this is apparently causing huge warehouse delays to one of the biggest extents I ever witnessed. This is on FUNimation most definitely, they should have been more prepared or shut down the online shop until its fixed, but getting angry at them at this point when they're doing all they can to fix the problem also won't help. I'm sure they'll do something to make it up to you (They reduced the price of my order I've been waiting on) so just keep the rest of us up to date on what happens. FUNimation is a great company that gives us great anime dubs and releases, and right now it seems they're going through some growing pains trying to become hopefully something even better for us.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @priestesstyrande:

Fun fact. Funimation does not charge until they ship. Check again your authorization is probably gone and when it shipped you will charged.

It's like….a standard business practice eveywhere.

I know I had to wait on my order. It will eventually come. Mine did. Im sure they are trying to get this sorted out....actually given that mine came in stock and shipped i am sure they are.

Otherwise I am sure they can cancel your order if you do not want to wait.

Edit: My phone likes to auto correct can into cam....it's my dogs name so I tend to type it a lot.....

Quote Originally Posted by aikohiroshi View Post
    FUNimation is a great company that gives us great anime dubs and releases, and right now it seems they're going through some growing pains trying to become hopefully something even better for us.

See? That's a good outlook. Funi has always been a super small company that does a lot with what they have. They are probably trying to make all of these improvements because....they want to grow because the anime industry is getting so much bigger in america.

Sadly transition times occur :(((

Fun fact, that's all well and good, makes me feel all squishy inside about Funi, but it really doesn't address the OPs main complaint I think.

The OP ordered a product, expecting it to be available and to be shipped within a reasonable time according to the website, but due to unfortunate circumstances the company was unable to fulfill the order right away. 1) Funi should have noted that there might be delays in shipping due to said circumstances if they knew about it, 2) Funi should have notified the customer that his order had been received, 3) Funi should notify the customer if the order is delayed… I could go on and on. Bad customer service, regardless of the circumstances!

If true, this individual was purchasing the product for their son's birthday and expected it to be shipped within a reasonable time. Additionally, he purportedly sent multiple tickets inquiring what was happening and didn't receive a satisfactory reply. And this isn't just a week but a couple of weeks!

Having said all that, I don't know if what the OP said is true, but the knee-jerk defense of Funimation by some in the thread has me scratching my head. I like the company as well and willingly spend my money to support them, but certain actions are not acceptable for a healthy business to continue. If you can't get it done, at least communicate! Enough said.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!