What do you use the Favorites feature for?

• In the interest of streamlining the site and removing unnecessary functionality, it is possible that the Favorites feature may be removed from the site. I have seen people complain when this has happened on other sites, and I'd like our site to keep the features you like and use and only remove the features that you don't need. I know people use it since we get tickets whenever it is not working, but I'm not really sure what people use it for other than as a list of anime you especially like, which is what I use it for.

1. Did you know that you could add Shows and Videos to your Favorites prior to reading this thread?

If you answered yes, to Question 1, please answer Questions 2-5.

2. What do you use the Favorites feature for?
    3. Do you use your Favorites in conjunction with other site features such as Queue and History (Recently Watched)?
    4. Is there anything you wished the Favorites list also did?
    5. Is there anything you wished the Favorites list didn't do?

Thank you!!

• 1. Yes
    2. I don't use it.
    3. Honestly its not as quickly accessible as the queue is.
    4. Not be hard to find
    5. Be hard to find

Ok so smartass replies aside, I don't really use it because I use the queue to remember what i've watched/been watching and actually rank my favorites within the queue, which reminds me I should remove some of what I have in there because I just stopped watching some of them xD

Hypothesis: have it replace the wishlist when I click my name.

• Before we fixed up Queue, I think a lot of users were using the Favorites list instead of their Queue based on feedback I received during that time, so your responses make sense. Thank you!

Actually, we're going to have Queue take over the expanded area. It'll be a carousel and will allow you to see all Shows in your Queue if you scroll enough. The sort will be based on your Queue's custom sort. Management of the Queue will still take place on your actual Queue page in your Profile.

• 1. No, but I never looked.

To be honest, I just use the "View All" button on the main homepage as it's the fastest way to find the new releases (unless a billion DBZ episodes are posted recently). I did add a few shows last season to my queue, but then didn't do anything with it. I don't really use the console apps often so I have no idea how it'd impact that. I'm probably not very representative of the typical user though. :)

• Thank you for the feedback! :D

@CostlyAxis:

To be honest, I just use the "View All" button on the main homepage as it's the fastest way to find the new releases (unless a billion DBZ episodes are posted recently).

When you are looking to see what has been newly added to the site, how would you prefer the information to be displayed. Currently, the Episodes page displays a list of episode type videos from most recent launch to oldest launch. In order to avoid a situation where the entire page is taken up by one show because of a batch release, how would you prefer we handle that? Would it be better if we listed releases by Show and then just say what has been updated for each language?

Also, when you are looking for new releases, are you looking for shows you've never watched before or for shows that you are currently watching?

• I knew about the favorites feature as soon as I signed up. I use the favorites section to mark shows I've watched and loved, and the queue for shows I'm currently watching. That being said, I watch most anime through my Roku, so I've never been very attatched to the favorites section, so even though I know it's there and have shows marked, it wouldn't really affect my experience to see it disappear.

• @Sophie:

Also, when you are looking for new releases, are you looking for shows you've never watched before or for shows that you are currently watching?

For me, I usually keep track of the day/time for shows that I want to watch (for example: Aria the Scarlet Ammo) and I think it would be kind of neat if we could kind of click something akin to a follow button and we get some sort of e-mail (or notification on our mobile) or something that would tell me that another episode has been uploaded rather than troll around on the page until it finally uploads.

Reflection: I don't know how I read the question that got me to give this reply when your question doesn't necessarily read the way I managed to read it.

• 1. Yes
    2. I have some shows listed there, but I can't say I really use the feature. I know what my favorites are, and it's easy enough to just store them at the bottom of my queue if I really want to keep them readily accessible, so having a Favorites tab is mostly just a fluff feature for me.
    3. Not really.
    4. Like darth said, it might be more useful if it had quicker access. I don't use the Wishlist at all so if that were replaced with Favorites that might be a good idea.
    5. n/a

• @darthrutsula:

Reflection: I don't know how I read the question that got me to give this reply when your question doesn't necessarily read the way I managed to read it.

No worries. Notifications are in the works.

Thank you, everyone. It's really starting to sound like no one would miss it As for Wish List at the top, we'll be changing the layout of that area to be all for Queue and will allow you to be able to choose any show in your Queue instead of just the top 7.