How come there were less Broadcast dubs for summer 2015? Can there be more this fall?

• I noticed that there were less broadcast dubs for summer 2015 compared to the Winter and spring of 2015 where most of the shows got broadcast dubs. The summer only had 3 broadcast dubs. why?

I would like to see more broadcast dubs for fall 2015.

• I have a theory on that, but it is only that and it is based on deduction and conjecture only not known facts. To produce dubs it takes three main ingredients: time, money, and personnel. To produce broadcast dubs it requires a naturally condensed time schedule for all steps involved and eats up a lot of time. Voice actors do not get much for doing anime dubs, for all intents and purposes it is negligible. To ask them to tie up time they need to pay them more to do broadcast dubs, which is not very likely to happen. This means either hiring newer and untested talent at lower rates, which is very risky for many reasons or doing fewer broadcast dubs, basically trying to figure out which will be the most profitable and sticking with those and relegating the others to a lower priority.

In short, the strain of broadcast dubs is great on both time and personnel and the only real solution available to that is money and there is only a limited amount that Funimation has available to offset that strain and remain profitable and it seem to be turning out that it is not enough to be able to do the amount of broadcast dubs they initially were trying to do so now their broadcast dub system is normalizing to a level that they can sustain.

• @Spaceshotx7:

I noticed that there were less broadcast dubs for summer 2015 compared to the Winter and spring of 2015 where most of the shows got broadcast dubs. The summer only had 3 broadcast dubs. why?

I would like to see more broadcast dubs for fall 2015.

Ultimate Otaku Teacher, Ninja Slayer, and The Heroic Legend of Arslan also contributed to the broadcast dub count in summer, so there were six total broadcast dubs. Not quite as many as the eight(?) they broadcast dubbed in spring (which also included the aforementioned three), but a sizable amount all the same

• Senior social media manager Justin Rojas and Brand Manager Michelle Fu were recently on ANN's podcast and talked about this. basically they did 10 just to see how much they could do and its now shifted to a strategic selection process. Heres a link to the podcast if you're interested in hearing what they say in more detail. skip to about 11 min for the topic discussion

http://fast.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2015-10-02/.93694

• So your saying the 8-10 broadcast dubs were only a test, and now there are only going to be 3? I like to see more.

• @Spaceshotx7:

So your saying the 8-10 broadcast dubs were only a test, and now there are only going to be 3? I like to see more.

Not necessarily. I'd imagine the general number of broadcast dubs we'll see during any given season - including both new and continuing series - should be around 5-6 from now on.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Not necessarily. I'd imagine the general number of broadcast dubs we'll see during any given season - including both new and continuing series - should be around 5-6 from now on.

Yeah they were basically trying to find their sweet spot on logistics as to how many quality dubs they can do per quarter and this is the number that works best for them.

• Honestly, i'd actually rather they did less simuldubs and focused on quality over quantity. There have been a few epic fails lately with the simuldubs. Sometimes something that sounds halliraious in the studio after a long day of grinding out dubs with less staff and in a shorter time frame than the japonese studios., can fall flat and blow up in your face ;-)