Kiba

• I don't know how many people are familiar with this anime but for those who aren't here's a link

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6312

I noticed that DVD 1 is really hard to get these days and because of that its not even worth it to get part 2 if I can never get my hands on part 1. Why don't they release a full collection DVD? I'm not sure whether or not if the company went out of business and that's why and if so then why can't funimation pick it back up and re-distribute DVDs like they did with Shakugan no Shana?

• Aniplex was on the production committee for Kiba, and lately they've been very skimpy regarding their back-catalog. Some of the older shows they worked on such as ROD the TV, Ghost Slayers Ayashi, and Star Driver are now out of print and are only watchable on Crunchyroll, whereas other shows such as Paradise Kiss, Hell Girl season 1, and Nerima Daikon Bros aren't available by any legal means.

My guess is that no one rescued Kiba because Aniplex honestly doesn't want to license it out, or they may think that it's worth more than what any North American distributor would offer them. With the attitude they're taking these days, it seems as if it was released before 2010, Aniplex simply does not want you to have it (with Gurren Lagann being the exception).

Also, Kiba never really sold all that well to begin with, so that might be another contributing factor as to why no one has picked it up. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Aniplex was on the production committee for Kiba, and lately they've been very skimpy regarding their back-catalog. Some of the older shows they worked on such as ROD the TV, Ghost Slayers Ayashi, and Star Driver are now out of print and are only watchable on Crunchyroll, whereas other shows such as Paradise Kiss, Hell Girl season 1, and Nerima Daikon Bros aren't available by any legal means.

My guess is that no one rescued Kiba because Aniplex honestly doesn't want to license it out, or they may think that it's worth more than what any North American distributor would offer them. With the attitude they're taking these days, it seems as if it was released before 2010, Aniplex simply does not want you to have it (with Gurren Lagann being the exception).

Also, Kiba never really sold all that well to begin with, so that might be another contributing factor as to why no one has picked it up. :hmm:

thats pretty unfortunate because I've been wanting to get my hands on the DVDs for a while. Only part 2 is available but part 1 is like non existent x-x At least I got my hands on Star Driver when I did though because if that's out too then that must be really hard to find too. But my guess regarding kiba is that it must have sold half way decent considering the fact part 1 is that hard to find and literally non existent. Then again we will never know x-x